Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

debussygirl wrote:Why in the world is ABC Family playing HP for 25 days of CHRISTMAS?????
It bugs me a lot. They are NOT Christmas movies!!!!!!
Same for Cars, Mary Poppins, and The Incredibles.
I totally agree! They mention Christmas in Harry Potter once and that is in the first one! I think it should be movies about Christmas not just whatever family movie you can think of!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Maybe they are planning to run it because during Christmas time the kids are on break from school (here in the US) and they feel that they will watch the movies.

It's all about the viewer ratings.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

MissMagnolia wrote:
Ron is my favorite character too. Rupert Grint is perfect for the part. I think Harry is kind of lame in the movies. I don't know, I just really don't Daniel Radcliff. Everyone is probably going to hate me for saying that, but he is just annoying to me. Probably because I love Ron so much.

Yeah I like Ron better than harry
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

one_tuff_muffin
Wandering Through Town
Location: FLoating in an ocean of tie dye with the beatles playing in the background

Post by one_tuff_muffin »

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh! I just finished reading the last HP last night!!!

woozie! it was just..ah!!
If anyone has read it, PM me! I need some one to talk to!
:)
Also, SO pumped for HP 6 to come out..although it sucks that it was pushed to next year.. :(
ah well, at least they made a movie right?
Edward- my official :}bamf{: of all time
<3Pastry Sisters<3
Proud member of the Dorks United crew
one_tuff_muffin
Wandering Through Town
Location: FLoating in an ocean of tie dye with the beatles playing in the background

Post by one_tuff_muffin »

ALMOST FORGOT!

If you love Harry Potter and love laughs
go to youtube and search the Potter Puppet Pals-MYsterious Ticking noise
You won't be dissapointed!
Edward- my official :}bamf{: of all time
<3Pastry Sisters<3
Proud member of the Dorks United crew
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I love Harry Potter books and movies and I am very disappointed that they moved the movie back...if it were for a legit reason like they needed more time for special effects and editing I'd completely understand, but the fact that they are releasing it on the exact same weekend that The Dark Night was released really bothers me...it just makes me think that WB is getting greedy...as much as Harry Potter has a huge following (yes I will still go see it that weekend) I highly doubt it will see the same numbers that DK got...Batman has a very different effect on fans than HP...oh the greediness of Hollywood is really starting to bother me...oh and I have read all of the books multiple times so anyone who wants to talk about them can PM me :)
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

So was I..it eased up when Twilight movie was released but the feeling of regret returned...
i want to watch it NOW
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

Yeah I was pretty upset about them moving the movie back that far. I actually heard (I think on Mugglecast or something) that they actually did some changes since they moved the date back, like special effects. I know one of the guys on that site saw it already at a screening and said the movie was pretty awesome.
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

argh! it just kills me how this perfectly good movie is sitting around waiting for me to just watch it already! and people have already seen it, like members of the media & stuff. if they were waiting for a time to get more money at the box office, then there’s really no point in delaying it, because all the people who are going to see it would have seen it anyways.

I mean, us die-hard fans would see it if they told us we had to perform a magic spell to get in. :mrgreen:
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
one_tuff_cupcake
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by one_tuff_cupcake »

AHHHH!!
i have found the perfect place! twilight and HP! :o haha

okay so, i am dying for HP6. I have seen pictures (more like movie stills) and oh wow. it kind of sucks you know? i mean i was all excited for it to come out in november and then they just switched it! i mean yeah it wasn't as bad as it would have been if twilight hadn't been the movie to take the release date, but it was still disappointing.

and then they tempt me by putting the trailer for it on at the twilight premier!! AHH XP

but anyways aren't you so excited to see the memories and then jealous Hermoine !! eeeek. *excitement*
Pastry Sisters❤ I <3 Peeta E<3B :)BAMF(: = Edward