A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 12 ~ Intruder

Post by natterss707 »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
I knew from the meadow scene when he stared at her.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
I think it was something that he really couldn't control, but I wasn't entirely sure.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?
I wasn't really surprised because I had already assumed and I kind of did like it. It was another form of protection for Bella. It also made the story a little bit more interesting.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
I felt a little better. I didn't really understand him now though. I felt like he has changed as a person now that he is a werewolf. Like it suddenly impacted a part of his personality.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
When I first suspected them as wolves yes, but then after I read this chapter I didn't think that at all.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
I would have warned him because after all, he was a huge part of her life. As far as she knows, he is in danger. Good thing he was aware of everything though.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
cminor
Settled in Forks

Post by cminor »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
*Unfortunatley, I already knew. That is what I get for reading too much on the internet as well as listening to my daughter!! I have since told her not to talk about it! :)

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
*I think it was fear as well as maybe something he could not control. That somehow the words physically could not come out of his mouth although he wanted to say them.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?
*It was suprising when I first heard and I think I do like it. It adds another complex storyline. It will be interesting for me to see how the vampire vs. warewolf concept plays out.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
*It made things much better. I am suprised at how much I like him. At first he was not one of my favorites, but that has changed in the last few chapters.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
*It did not even occor to me until Bella put it together. I thought there was still a bear!

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
*I did think she would warn them because she has grown so close to Jacob. I think I would have as well, mostly because I would be afraid that not only Jacob would get hurt, but also the people hunthing them.
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I knew since the meadow that he was a werewolf, and what he said to her in the forest just confirmed it for me.

I didn't quite understand what was happening to him, Ithought that he was just trying to control himself so as not to turn in front of her and loose control.

Well I had a pretty good Idea he was so it wasn't surprising. I liked it I knew that it was going to bring the story to another level.

I figured he had thought things over and had come to apologize to her, and as he said to keep his promise. I didn't like Jacob in the begining because I am Edward all the way but he defenitly grew on me, and now he is one of my fovorite characters.

I didn't know what to think I figured they were good but I didn't understand or know what they ate. So I figured that like the other werewolves they must feed on humans too.

I think that I would have warned him too. He is her friend and just like he has been there for her she was going to be there for him. She was going to tell him that what he was doing was wrong, and that he should think of all the inocent people, try to make him understand so that he should change his ways just like the Cullens.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
dazzleme99
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzleme99 »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf?

wellll,
i think it was when jake was freaking out cause he knew bella already knew it.

well, i NOW know that it was because of the Alpha command. but while i was reading, i thought he just didn't want her to know right away or something.

haha. i freaked OUT!i love the fact that Jake's a werewolf so that he's in on all the fantasy stuff. yes, i was completely surprised. :D

it redeemed him, definitely. i love jake (although i'm definitely team edward) and i couldn't bear the pain that bella was going through, again! i NEEDED something to make jake seem better, and to make it seem like he wasn't doing putting her through all this without a purpose.

i had this nagging feeling that bella's assumption wasn't quite right. i didn't know WHAT was causing the murders, but i had a feeling it wasn't the werewolves.

i completely would've warned him. he's my best friend, seriously. yeah, she thought he was killing people, but knowing me (or bella), it would've been easy to talk him out of that. i knew she was gonna warn him. i mean, duhh! :)
Instead of being the A/V dweeb about to ask the head cheerleader to the prom, I was the finished-second-place werewolf about to ask the vampire’s wife to shack up and procreate. Nice.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:Becasue of a misunderstanding, these questions come from both Taxi and Alcyone.

1)I had been suspicious of his drastic changes.

2)I think it was fear. Sam passed down the edict not to tell. That was 'law' if you will.

3)a. I wasn't surprised considering the legends. I did not care either way.

4)a.I was glad that he tried to clear up that moment with her. b. Redeemed.

5)No. Because the legends stated that they were protectors and only had one enemy - vampire, not humans.

6)Warn him. She cared too much and I felt she knew deep down that he wasn't bad. If I felt as she did, I would probably warned him, too.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
sure_sure
Settled in Forks

Post by sure_sure »

Honestly , I didn't have a clue . I really didn't understand it until it had be going on for a while , because I thought it was just a dream or something. it was just so unbelieavable. I was just waiting for Bella to wake up or atmitting she was crazy or something. I don't know. I didn't suspect anything of those "drastic changes"...

Oh, thats a simple one . he can't tell her because Sam had told him not to.
He couldn't tell her because Sam had told him not to without any loopholes.

I didn't like it all ! Everything got so weird . I thought that if Jacob was a werewolf then anyone could be things , like Angela being a witch or Eric being a troll , you know .

I'm really not sure . It all got so weird as i said earlier.

Ofcourse i didn't! That would be stupid . It's enough with one human eating "monster" in one story ...

I wouldn't .. I know it sounds awful for all of those on team Jacob , but I'm just team vampire!

Team Edward from my whole heart!
-mer enn mitt eget liv
(More than my own life)

VBH - you're lucky you don't know me
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I knew that he was a werewolf after he saved Bella in the meadow.

I thought that it was just him stopping herself because he was scared to tell her. I was actually very surprised and sickened when I found out about the whole alpha's orders thing.

I knew it was coming, so i had time to prepare myself while Bella was still figuring it out. I wasn't scared of him. After all, he's still Jake. And we already had to deal with vampires, so how bad could these werewolves be.

I instantly forgave him for everything that he did. I thought it was sweet how he came all that way just to apologize for somethin that he was forced to do.

No! Everytime Bella suggested it, I wanted to scream at her. I knew that it was a vampire(s). The pack wouldn't do that. Jake especailly.

I knew that Bella cared enough for Jake not to do all she could to protect him. If I was her, I would have gone over the next day and warned him. And confirm my suspisions that he was a werewolf.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-when bella first realized it, haha.

-i think it was the fear accidently telling something bella that he shouldnt, so he kept cutting himself off.

-well it was suprising to me! i liked it, it added more depth and mystery to the story.

-i forgave him, it was nice he apoligized.

-no, for some reason i knew it wasnt them. jake isnt the type of person who would be okay or go along with killing innocent humans.

-i knew bella would do anything she could to protect jake, so i figured she would go and warn him. i probably wouldve done the same thing.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

In the meadow

It was because he actually couldn't say tell Bella , because of Sam's order

It wasn't too surprising, and I quite like it because it adds a lot to their relationship now that he is protecting her.

He redeemed himself completely for me, but then again, I love Jacob's character and would always forgive him.
At least he came a tried to explain.

Only a little bit, because I couldn't imagine Jacob doing that.

I would have warned him, because he would be my best friend, even if he was a wolf.
I would want him to be safe.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

I think I first suspected he was a werewolf in Twilight. When they first meet at the beach, and he talks about the "protectors", something hinted towards that direction. Also, with Billy protecting the boys and also being a stronger believer of the legend, I imagined the guy must've seen it firsthand.

I think it was mostly fear. Jacob, as we learn, was going through his own share of metamorphosis, and struggling with his new identity. He felt so attached to Bella that keeping that a secret felt like a betrayal. Also, he knew he could endanger her now, so he would have to keep his distance.

Hahaha, I was like "oh great way to get over a vampire! Get yourself a werewolf!". The girl is definitely unusual, since she attracts all kinds of mythical creatures available in Forks. I wonder if Angela is a fairy. Ok, no spoilers! I haven't read past New Moon yet!

Sure it redeemed him, although I didn't really care for the stupid way he tried to explain things to her and get the answers from her instead of being open about it. Ok, the other wolves were listening so he couldn't spill it out, but they're not dumb! They would know she knew. And then know she knew they knew she knew! Haha! Twilight inside joke!

I was hoping not, although I kinds thought they were. Maybe it was an accident. They didn't mean to kill. I was waiting to see the outcome.

I was waiting for Bella to not only warn Jacob and the gang but to clearly state that her dad was involved so Jacob would have to promise her they would keep their werewolf paws off her dad. I didn't know Victoria was involved at that point and I was seriously worried for Charlie.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com