Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 1 ~ Ultimatum

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified?
Not in the slightest.

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship?
Haven't had too many relationships before.

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella.
Just spit it out Jake, I thought.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
Yes, but he does just want her to be safe.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women?
My Dad doesn't have a best friend.
AlwaysforShaenEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by AlwaysforShaenEdward »

Heck yeah..i wouldnt want to see his face again if I were him.

Yep..wont go too much into that thought lol

Straight to the point she knew ultimately they are "Mortal/immortal enemies" from any Vampire/Werewolf book or movie and not only that but he's in love with her and she rejected him for not only the guy who broke her heart but also a vampire.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push? Yes..he was concerned for her safety.He knows that Werewolves..especially new ones have a hard time keeping their tempers and transformations under control.So he had every right to be concerned for her safety.

Yep my dad and my uncle can be on the phone or around eachother for hours gossiping lol
What i would give to be that stupid lamb!
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

Yes, I think that his feelings are justified. All he knows is that Edward was the reason that his daughter turned into a "zombie." He does not know the rhyme or reasons behind his leaving and just how strong Edward and Bella's relationship truly is.

Not yet.

Again, I feel like Jacob too is justified in his opinions of the Cullen's and of Edward and Bella's relationship.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?

Not really, as far as he knows at this point, werewolves are unpredictable and could cause "damage" to Bella as they did for Emily.

Haha, I love this question; and yes, my dad does gossip like an old woman!

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
Yasmin91
Settled in Forks

Post by Yasmin91 »

well yea....he IS bella's dad....if I dissapeared for 3 days to go find the love of my life from-er-LA (lol) my parents would have done alot more than ground me...any parent would freak out...

no...I havent been in many relationships...

Poor Jake...he must be shattered..
in my head I was like goooddd belaaaa.....get in your truck and pay him a visit at la push.....

natural....actually it makes things exciting...I just started reading eclipse and I think if he was just like..."ya, bella, why dont you go visit ur werewolf friend"...that would have made things kindda dulll...
Jacob is also supposedly dangerous so edward would naturally want to keep him away...not to mention that jacob wants to be more than friends with bella...

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
ya, occasionally...
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

Yeah, no parent wants to watch their children going through such a hard time like that, so his feelings are justified. Plus, he didn't know half of what was even going on.

Umm.. not really actually, sure there were some people they thought I shouldn't date but as long as I was happy they didn't mind at all.

I felt bad for him, but at the same time I'm so team Edward.

Not necessarily. He just wants to protect her. If it were for other reasons then I might reconsider.

No, not to my knowledge.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

I think Charlie's feelings are somewhat justified, due to the response Bella had when Edward left her in New Moon.

No, I've only ever been in one relationship.

Jacob was really upset, he wanted to let her know how upset he was, but he also didn't want to hurt her.

I do believe he was being a little bit overprotective, but I do see his point of view in fearing for Bella's safety.

No, thank goodness.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
mish241091
Settled in Forks

Post by mish241091 »

Definately! Edward almost destroyed Bella (not literally). If it hadn't been for Jacob, Bella would probably have totally shut life out and just disappeared but Jacob kept the life in her. Charlie has every right to feel the way he does towards Edward.

No, though they have their ups and downs with the one I'm in now but I dont blame them, I do too. lol.

It's sad that Jacob felt as though he couldn't be friends with her while she was with Edward, it's understandable because he was in love with her and they had a strong bond between them however it's childish of him I think because it's like "I can't be your friend if your friends with them" kinda thing and forces the middle person to make a choice so in the end, Jacob has forced her to choose between him and Edward. However Bella leads him on too much and wants both which is just impossible because of the vampire/werewolf hate thing, I was sad when I read his message to her.... and lets just blame Bella shall we? :P

Not really, he generally felt that she would be in danger if she went and only wanted to protect like he always has done however she had spent all her time with Jacob in New Moon which surely Edward knows and so he knows she wouldn't come to any harm with Jacob there, no matter how much he hates werewolves.

No. lol.
I can feel what you’re feeling now — and you are worth it. - Jasper Hale

Who’s afraid of the big, bad wolf? - Jacob Black
essence of black
Settled in Forks

Post by essence of black »

id say they were tbh, i mean if u were a parent and had to watch ur daughter go though what Edd put Bella through in new moon wouldn't u me nervous about letting him near

yep i had to break off all contact with the girl then again it wasn't likely to work, i ment her online those things dont work

blunt, and a bit harsh but honest and to be honest justified, after the pain he is going through i think he allowed to be a little pissed off

i supose he is just trying to protect her but he is hurting her just as much by holding her prisoner

he doesn't really lol
kissmecarlisle
Settled in Forks

Post by kissmecarlisle »

Yes, because Bella was gone for 3 days without anyone telling Charlie where she was at. I am suprised Charlie allowed Edward near Bella.

No, and I hope it never happens!

You can see where Jacob is trying find a way of being friends, but knows it won't work. He is very conflicted as to whether to send he letter, and what to say.

Yes and no. Yes, because he knows how unstable young shape-shifters can be (example...Emily). No, because Edward shouldn't be that jealous of Jacob (but he is cute afterall! :) )

Yes, and it can be annoying!!!
Carlisle...why can't you be real?
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:Thanks to Cocoa for the Questions!

1) Yes. Her almost destroyed Bella and thereby Charlie. Charlie only knows that Edward hurt his daughter so deeply and he finds that hard to forgive.

2)Yes.

3)Jacob was hurt and felt betrayed. He just di dnot want to hear from Bella right then.

4)No really. He felt two things - 1.- Knowing what he know of werewolves, he feard for her safety and also I think he knew Jacobs feelings for Bella and Edward was jealous.

5)No.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict