Singers raise your voice.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Zafrina
Settled in Forks

Re: Singers raise your voice.

Post by Zafrina »

^It used to happen to me ALL the time when i did solos. Nothing ever helped me. But after a while you get over the fear once you've done it enough times. I just had to deal with the shaking while i was singing. The first time i ever did a solo i ran off stage half way through the song and cried. That's how bad it was.
Now i can easily get through a song but i'm still nervous :)

I'd recommend before doing solos do trios or duets; you have so much more confidence when you're with friends or people you know. It helps so much seriously. and that'll help you gain the confidence to do solos :D
Avatar by Dani - Signature by Me
Iris Messenger
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Iris Messenger »

i agree ...

i was doing a solo of "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend", and you know, that's a bold, belty song — and i was literally standing on the edge of the stage clutching the mic and trembling.

gah!

but then three weeks later when i was performing in Oklahoma!, i had my solo with three other people and I had no problems with trembling ...
http://portabellaswan.wordpress.com/ <--- fanfiction/twilight blog
http://twilightirc.wordpress.com/ <--- twilight chat
click on banner for graphics gallery

banner and avatar made by me: i take requests
fang1/3
Settled in Forks

Post by fang1/3 »

I'm a singer.
I used to do backing vocals in my old band ( I was rubbish) & i wanted to get better and for my music GCSE's I was allowed free insturmental lessons & my dad said he'd carry on paying for my guitar lessons so I picked singing.
a year on I really adore it, I just recently did a solo performance playing guitar and singing (at the same time) infront of a big chunk of my school & it was the most amazing thing I've ever done.
the song I did is on my school site somewere I could put a link here >.<
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I LOVE to sing. I did choir in high school and was in the "Elite Jazz Choir". I love everything about it. I also love musicals!! I was chorus in Reefer Madness and was lucky enough to score the role of Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors. My choir teacher and voice instructors have always said that I'm a first soprano but seriously, it hurts so bad to hit those notes so I say second...definitely second.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

gimpat01
Settled in Forks

Post by gimpat01 »

I understand about the stage fright thing. One night I was performing for open mic and my duet partner just stopped playing after the first 3 bars of her original song, looked at me and told me to take a step back on the stage. I was PETRIFIED but the crowd laughed and it broke ALL the tension in the room. We sang fine after that. She told me afterwards that she would always make that kinda "mistake" during the first song so that she wouldn't have to worry about making mistakes on stage cause she already knows she will. It's a guerilla performance tactic if you ask me but she's done it everytime we've performed together and it really does make me forget about messing up.

Now, that's just doing gigs and whatnot. I don't think it would work at well for big ensemble performances and what not.
"my oh my how my blood boils
its sweetest for you
it strips me down bare
and gets me into my favourite mood"
Adele - "Crazy for You"

Yes my avatar is a cake I made. Feel free to pm me questions about it...
jasperlovesme
Learning to Love Green

Post by jasperlovesme »

PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 wrote:Oh man I feel like that too. I sing all the time. At the store, in the car, at my house, at my friends house. Anywhere. I'm concious that people are listening but at the same time I don't care. But when I'm performing... it's a different story. I'm so nervous. I forget the lyrics and I pretty much end up shaking by the end of the performance. Is there any way to get over that?

I tried so many tactics but nothing ever works. It's weird because when I'm singing, like at a store, I know people are watching me or listening... but that doesn't bother me. But when I'm in front of people... Why is that?

Does that happen to anyone else?
It does happen to me too. don't worry your not alone.
I think that we get more conscious when we sing on the stage because everyone is really focusing on you and they're expecting so much from you because it's a performance.
but when you're singing-a-long inside the store or while walking in the mall, you won't get nervous because you're relaxed and you won't think of something like someone's criticizing you..
well, I see it that way. :) hope I helped you in some way :)
ROOM OF REQUIREMENT join the Harry Potter fandom! come and be SLYTHERINS!
edited by jasperlovesme
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

I have always felt much more comfortable singing in a choir. Not solo, or in musicals. Although one of my friends keeps asking me if I'm going to try out for RRR. I am so not.
I agree with the confidence thing. On stage you know people are there for a show, but while you're in the car, store, wherever the people around you have other things to do and singing just is the natural thing to do.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I loved chorus, but I hated to sing solo. I had to sing in front of the class but it was with someone else so I thought I was in the clear. I was so wrong! We blended really well, but I didn't realize that my voiced carried so much! I felt real vulnerable and exposed, like a lot of you have felt doing solos. Needless to say, I don't sing in public anymore!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

Big singer here. Love to sing and used to do it all the time in church, back when I went, long story there...no need to bring you all into it. :) Anyhow, I did alot of singing then and now, though now it is mainly for my wife. She has a select few she likes to hear (Lady In Red, If Tomorrow Never Comes). One of my biggest honors was my uncles wife asking me to sing at his funeral. He passed on from a heart attack, 1 month after retiring. Anyhow, he liked to hear me sing so, I did it but, it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and I have no clue how I got through it. This is the song I sang.

Go Rest High by Vince Gill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRyKg5xMaXA

I CANNOT sing that high..so the pinao player changed it to a octave I could hit and we went with it.
NiCoLeeLoCin
Wandering Through Town

Post by NiCoLeeLoCin »

I sing as long as I can remember. When I was little I always used to preform at elementary school ;) Right now I'm in the school band and it all goes well. I love to sing songs from Beyonce Knowles because her songs are the only one that challenge me. If I ever put something on the Internet I also put it in here :D