Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by JenJen2112 »

I don't think judging a director based on one project is very fair...we DO NOT know everything that was happening on that set so its not okay to judge...studio's are very good at keeping things under wraps if they don't want that info to be leaked...
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

siobhan1 wrote:
Deja wrote:I think we're being awfully unreasonable about all of this. All we know is stuff we hear from the media. "Sources say, We hear that, We heard..." The movie hasn't started, the script isn't finalized, a director hasn't been named, and we're already writing hate letters to the ONLY STUDIO who decided to take a chance on this series. Nobody else wanted it. Summit gave us a movie where we would have NONE otherwise, and not really a bad movie. Most of you saw it multiple times. Most of you liked it. Most of you liked the cast. Most of you liked the music.

We have NO idea how New Moon is going to turn out, but I'll tell you one thing. I think we're being kind of ridiculous. I know you guys are worried, but way to be negative.

We're never going to know exactly why Catherine was let go. We're never going to know the exact budget, or exactly what the actors are getting paid. Can't we just cross our fingers and be glad we at least get to see our favorite characters on the screen? Many book series don't get that, not even in a cheesy hokey way.

And I'm sorry, but Chris Weitz, while perhaps not the optimum choice, is not exactly a director they just found off the damn street. He's got an Academy Award Nomination. And all the gossip you hear about him in regards to The Golden Compass is just that. Gossip.

I, for one, will stand by Summit, whoever the director is, the actors, and Stephenie and hope that New Moon is the best movie it can be.
Deja,
I actually read and watched The Golden compass and it stank big time! This is not gossip, it's MAO, oh yeah, and that's what the forum is about....our opinions. Chris Weitz wouldn't know romance if it jumped up and bit him in the Why are we talking about a donkey?! Yes, while I agree with you that we all will have to wait to see what Summit will ultimately do, Weitz is far from the best choice of director, and I for one am not going to kiss Summits Why are we talking about a donkey? and say thanks a bunch for kicking Catherine Hardwicke to the curb if he is the replacement. Also, the critics, who are the ones who give out those Academy Award Nominations, would never have made the movie Twilight, as they have called the book romantic drivel. So, I really don't need a director that is "critically-acclaimed" just one who gives good romance. I'm not ready to surrender just yet.
I just read in an article that Summit has offered the job to Chris Weitz because he is a friend of one of the big wigs in the company -- WHAT???

OK, I've heard WAY too much lately to not be nervous about this movie.

Summit, PLEASE, New Moon means way more to us than money -- don't kill our Edward/Bella on-screen romance to put a few dollars in your pocket. You only get one chance at this -- don't screw it up!! :evil:
LoveMeSomeEdward

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

They are too dependant on the twilight book fans, without us the first film would have flopped. If they screw up NM too they would have lost the little faith left in Summit and that will not be good.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I can't believe all Twilight fans went to see Twilight so many times because we are nutty, but also because we wanted a great budget for New Moon (then we would've done the same for Eclipse & BD) ONLY to see that Summit is too cheap to keep ALL their fans happy by giving NM a budget of 50MIL?!!! WTF????

They don't even want to try and CGI to keep Taylor, what are they going to do with the wolves? Make Copon wear a wolf costume? He's tall and big enough, maybe it'll look realistic!! I cannot believe they're doing this!
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

Okay I know I am just over looking it but could someone PM me the link the the official NM soundtrack, Please!! I thought there was a thread but I can't find it!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

so they guy from One Tree Hill might be the new Jacob??

I think its kind of dumb to set someone's hopes high that they will be in a trilogy and the fact that Summit wont try complex CGI is really sad. And I would feel really bad for Taylor if he doesnt get the chance.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
UnfreakinBelievable

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

CauseofEdwardIlove wrote:Okay I know I am just over looking it but could someone PM me the link the the official NM soundtrack, Please!! I thought there was a thread but I can't find it!
Do you mean the Twilight soundtrack?? Or are you thinking Stephenie Meyer's "New Moon Soundtrack", which is on her website www.stepheniemeyer.com?

I've not heard of the movie New Moon's soundtrack, and how could there be one already?? :roll:
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Have the officially announced yet if the actor playing Jacob is being replaced? I really hope not- he is exactly how I pictured him when I read the books!

I heard a rumor that they are planning on making Edward more central in the NM movie since fans love him so much--has anyone heard anything about that? I am getting so nervous that they are going to change the story drastically from how it is in the book

I'm sorry if people asked/answered this already, but it's been a while since I've been on! :)

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
LoveMeSomeEdward

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

Yes fans love Edward, I love Edward but having him in most of the movie is not in the book.If fans love Edward so much when we see him again in Vulterra we will fall in love again. I really hope they stay close to the book. Please !!
CastMeNotAway

Post by CastMeNotAway »

I've also heard that they're planning on adding more Edward to the movie, and I REALLY hope that they don't! I feel like having him around throughout the entire movie kind of takes away from the ending when he's FINALLY back.

In the book, there was this awesome build-up of anticipation, you know? I feel like that'll be totally lost if they show him AT ALL between the time he leaves Bella in the woods and the time we see him stepping out into the sun in Volterra. (Plus, I feel it will really take away from the growing friendship/more-than-friendship between Jacob and Bella... That dynamic, along with the anticipation of Edward's return, is really the heart of the story... and I don't want either one to get lost!)
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!