http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/12/ ... 27New+Moon
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
tribbadawn
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by tribbadawn »

elizabella wrote:I hope they don't "Hollywood" it up too much. The audience has to live through the excruciating agony along with Bella of having everything she held on to, everything she lived for torn away from her. After all Edward doesn't even leave her pictures of him to drool over. That reminds me, did Edward ever mail Renee the letter from Bella or did he pull out the pictures of him first?

I think the director and screenplay writer need to look at some classic Jane Austen for guidance. For instance in Pride and Prejudice Jane does not see Mr. Bingley for ages until they are joyfully reunited. You have to feel pain to feel pleasure and Edward holding on to Bella when she saves him is definitely pleasure!

I know. They will to an extent though. I think they need to be like us obsessed Twilight fans and read the book till they get the gut-wrenching pain at his leaving her. I personally can't get through the book without getting physically ill reading about her pain at Edwards absence. As true artists, they should have the intuition to do a little research!!!
I Twilight thee....Sir Edward......
Odd I know, but I have a wild imagination.....
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:
switzgal wrote:I can't believe all Twilight fans went to see Twilight so many times because we are nutty, but also because we wanted a great budget for New Moon (then we would've done the same for Eclipse & BD) ONLY to see that Summit is too cheap to keep ALL their fans happy by giving NM a budget of 50MIL?!!! WTF????
My other thought is about Jacob -- I'm not so understanding about this, but I'm trying to be. They should have been more careful casting him to begin with. Is Catherine at fault? Is the casting director? Who knows. But someone made the decision to cast Taylor as Jacob, who was totally adorable in Twilight, but when I first saw how tall he was in reality I couldn't help but wonder how they would pull off him growing into a 25 yr old looking guy and then "fursploding" (whoever coined that term is genious -- I had to use it) into a ginormous werewolf. So, what's done is done -- and now they need to stick with their choice. That means forking -- hah, hah, "Forks" -- out the cash and making him look good with whatever technology is available.

Anyway, it makes me feel better to analyze this on "paper", computer, whatever. But I'm still anxious to see what the end result will be.
I completely agree with your thoughts about Jacob. I was honestly not very impressed with the casting of Taylor, prior to seeing the movie. But I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked him as Jacob once I saw the movie. I thought he and Kristen had a really nice rapport in the few scenes they shared in Twilight. I can totally see Taylor as the funny-friendly-sweet guy who brings some light to Bella's life in New Moon during her darkest times. I'm not quite as sure about him playing the bad-Why are we talking about a donkey? Jacob from Eclipse, but that's another story. Can they not just have Taylor bulk up a little bit (which he supposedly already is), and utilize various camera angles to make him appear a little taller? I always thought it sounded a little odd in the books anyway that he was suddenly 6'7" and looked 25 years old. I don't think it would take away from the story itself if Jacob doesn't look quite as imposing as he was described in the books.
Banner by TammyAZ
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

correct me if im wrong, but jacob doesn't really get all "bulky" in NM. i mean, it's been awhile since i read NW, but didn't it say that jacob just grew taller and was built as in he was cut? taylor can totally pull it off. plus, he can still work out like crazy during the NM filming just in time for Eclipse. and by the time they film BD, taylor will (hopefully) be bulky and past for someone around there 20's.

i seriously hope they do not replace him.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Deja wrote:I think we're being awfully unreasonable about all of this. All we know is stuff we hear from the media. "Sources say, We hear that, We heard..." The movie hasn't started, the script isn't finalized, a director hasn't been named, and we're already writing hate letters to the ONLY STUDIO who decided to take a chance on this series. Nobody else wanted it. Summit gave us a movie where we would have NONE otherwise, and not really a bad movie. Most of you saw it multiple times. Most of you liked it. Most of you liked the cast. Most of you liked the music.

We have NO idea how New Moon is going to turn out, but I'll tell you one thing. I think we're being kind of ridiculous. I know you guys are worried, but way to be negative.

We're never going to know exactly why Catherine was let go. We're never going to know the exact budget, or exactly what the actors are getting paid. Can't we just cross our fingers and be glad we at least get to see our favorite characters on the screen? Many book series don't get that, not even in a cheesy hokey way.

And I'm sorry, but Chris Weitz, while perhaps not the optimum choice, is not exactly a director they just found off the damn street. He's got an Academy Award Nomination. And all the gossip you hear about him in regards to The Golden Why are we talking about a donkey? is just that. Gossip.

I, for one, will stand by Summit, whoever the director is, the actors, and Stephenie and hope that New Moon is the best movie it can be.
dude, you're freaking awesome. that's HOW i feel.

Any dude can replace taylor and if he looks the part, i am up for it. Adding a bit more Edward is fine by me. Chris Weitz directing new moon is a good idea, i think so. He's a pretty good director.

And i am stoked to how New moon will look like. I think "hate mails" towards summit is really unreasonable, i don't know why everyone is making such a big deal.
Honestly guys, Summit is making a movie -- they can do whatever they want, and remember you still have you own free will to watch new moon or not, it's your choice.

and are we forgetting that Stephenie herself wants a new actor to play jacob in new moon?
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

and are we forgetting that Stephenie herself wants a new actor to play jacob in new moon?
People keep saying that Stephenie has expressed that she wants a new actor to play Jacob in New Moon... could someone please direct me to an article or interview where she said that?

I know she expressed LONG before Twilight became a movie that Steven Strait is her ideal Jacob (he's mine too :) ) But I never recall her saying anything about not wanting Taylor to continue on as Jacob.

Thanks! :D
Last edited by CastMeNotAway on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
ipattz218
Wandering Through Town

Post by ipattz218 »

ilovetwilight wrote:Wait who is this guy from one tree hill that might be replacing Taylor? Does somebody have a pic?
And I know that vampires are supposed to be good looking, but I pictured like men in there late 40's or early 50's or something for Aro, Caius, and Marcus, I didn't picture all of these hot young actors that people are suggesting.... but maybe thats just me...
Just IMDB Michael Copon.
It's Felix from One Tree Hill. He was in Season 2 so.. yeah.
Woah... she said that?
made by ipattz218
E<3B
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

nafereti wrote:correct me if im wrong, but jacob doesn't really get all "bulky" in NM. i mean, it's been awhile since i read NW, but didn't it say that jacob just grew taller and was built as in he was cut? taylor can totally pull it off. plus, he can still work out like crazy during the NM filming just in time for Eclipse. and by the time they film BD, taylor will (hopefully) be bulky and past for someone around there 20's.

i seriously hope they do not replace him.
You may be right...unfortunately someone's borrowed my books so I can't check back to be sure. It does seem like every time Bella saw Jacob in New Moon (or was it Eclipse?) that he was taller and older looking. I think they can work on his build and his height a little bit in the films (with camera angles as well as Taylor working out, etc.) I do think it's hard to picture Taylor looking twenty something years old, but as long as he looks like he could be a suitable match for Bella, I don't really care how old he looks (not that I think he's more suitable than Edward, of course!)
Banner by TammyAZ
alinc
Settled in Forks

Post by alinc »

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/12/ ... al-ch.html

EW calling it official. I guess we already knew it was going to happen.

Fingers crossed for a wonderful movie!
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

ipattz218 wrote:
ilovetwilight wrote:Wait who is this guy from one tree hill that might be replacing Taylor? Does somebody have a pic?
And I know that vampires are supposed to be good looking, but I pictured like men in there late 40's or early 50's or something for Aro, Caius, and Marcus, I didn't picture all of these hot young actors that people are suggesting.... but maybe thats just me...
Just IMDB Michael Copon.
It's Felix from One Tree Hill. He was in Season 2 so.. yeah.
Woah... she said that?
when did SM say this?

& are they really gonna get Michael Copon to play jacob. he's fine, but i prefer taylor!

why pick him in the first place only to replace him? this is making me mad. im really pissed now.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/