Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I didn't like it

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

Innit how hard can it to just to get the right car! And like you said SM even gave a picture of it too. This film was made for twilight fans they should have realised we'll notice it!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

AngelYve83 wrote:
MissWhitlock wrote: Laurent is black? Didn't know vampires CAN be black...how is that possible?
As a black person I take great offense to that comment. Just the way you say it sounds like a racist remark. Yes Vamps can be black, there is no vamp law that says all vamps must be of a lighter skin color.
Well, it kinda does, but it sort of doesn't, i think in the book Bella described the Volturi (who had slightly darker skin) as being grey and lacking any colour. So if i'd pictured laurent as jamaican or whatever, i would have pictured him with pretty much blacky grey-y skin, without any sort of brown tone, like I picture the english/white/caucasian vampires as lacking that pinky colour in their skin that humans have.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just wanted to explain my views on this.
:?
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

bite_me wrote:
AngelYve83 wrote:
MissWhitlock wrote: Laurent is black? Didn't know vampires CAN be black...how is that possible?
As a black person I take great offense to that comment. Just the way you say it sounds like a racist remark. Yes Vamps can be black, there is no vamp law that says all vamps must be of a lighter skin color.
Well, it kinda does, but it sort of doesn't, i think in the book Bella described the Volturi (who had slightly darker skin) as being grey and lacking any colour. So if i'd pictured laurent as jamaican or whatever, i would have pictured him with pretty much blacky grey-y skin, without any sort of brown tone, like I picture the english/white/caucasian vampires as lacking that pinky colour in their skin that humans have.

When I read Twilight I never even pictured Laurent as a black vamp myself, but that's not what I took offense to. What I took offense to was the way she said "Didn't know vampires CAN be black...how is that possible?". The way it comes off makes it seem like people of darker skin cannot be vamps. I wouldn't have cared so much if her comment didn't come off that way.
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

Yeah i know what you mean when I read the post i was kinda shocked. It is possible because a vampire bites the black dude and he turns into a vampire. The vampire will not say omg he is black i can not turn him into a vampire.

He would just look like all other vampires, dead looking, lifeless.
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

I was really kind of dissapointed with the whole movie. I know everyone kinda makes their own brain picture of the charactors but none of the actors they chose really fit mine at all. Well... robert made an alright Edward but his voice was all worng. Also, I didn't feel any of the overwhelming adoration I felt during the books. And the medow scene... oh god the medow scene. I'm sorry, I feel kind of bad about it but I just HAD to take a break from the movie after that dissapointment. The rainbow rubies didn't even make an appearance, it was more like he was just glowing... I was really really dissapointed. And I know I keep using that word but its the only way to describe it. I almost broke down crying it was so frustrating. The most upsetting part is that anyone who sees the movie without reading the book will be hugely missing out. It makes me so sad. :cry:

I almost wish I would have watch a pirated version...

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

AngelYve83 wrote:
bite_me wrote:
AngelYve83 wrote:

When I read Twilight I never even pictured Laurent as a black vamp myself, but that's not what I took offense to. What I took offense to was the way she said "Didn't know vampires CAN be black...how is that possible?". The way it comes off makes it seem like people of darker skin cannot be vamps. I wouldn't have cared so much if her comment didn't come off that way.
I didn't mean for it to come off as racist or anything like that, I just expressed my views, that's all, it's just I thought it was a FACT that all vampires were white, i mean that's just the rule isnt it? Pale white blahblah, so yeah.
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

MissWhitlock wrote:
AngelYve83 wrote:
bite_me wrote:
AngelYve83 wrote:

I didn't mean for it to come off as racist or anything like that, I just expressed my views, that's all, it's just I thought it was a FACT that all vampires were white, i mean that's just the rule isnt it? Pale white blahblah, so yeah.
It's cool, I can understand your questioning now. But the rules of the game change and even though the pigments of our skins are different we shouldn't doubt certain that we all are capable of being.
cullenclanfanman
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cullenclanfanman »

hey you guys ive been hearing taylor lautner is out but that his agents are really trying to push for him to be in the second film. who knows.

apparenlty they are close to getting a new director!

i just read it today!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/12/68798/index.html
xxlacantantexx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxlacantantexx »

The movie was bad. I went to see it twice, once with my boyfriend and again with my mom. I had been freaking out bout the movie to both of them since I first heard it was coming out, I even got my mom reading the books. As I watched it with both, I was embarrassed, the movie utterly paled in comparison with the book. I couldn't even think of it as a love story since I was laughing pretty much the whole time.

Issues:
- Bella was a twitchy freak and just was a mess
- She dressed horrible, I know she wasn't suppose to car but it since does excuse her for those horrible outfits
- Rob didn't play Edward at all, he looked and acted like some depressed creepy obsessed kid.
- Rosalie was absolutely ugly, they should have just got a supermodel, its not like Rosalie has a lot of lines in the books.
- Jasper just looked stupid, I couldn't help but to laugh every time i saw him.
- Billy Black trying to be "hip" give me a break that was horrible.
- Lauren wasn't even in the movie
- Angela's character was totally wrong, but she was the best look one there
- Mike was UGLY.!
- They went surfing at La Push, yeah right
- Jacob came in too soon in the movie
- Bella never cooked
- Why did Bella have a laptop and phone
- Why the HELL did Edward call her spider monkey.? That whole scene could have been left out because it was trash
- Charlie's friend doesn't die in the book and Carlisle was never at a police station
- the pepper stray
- The whole prom scene was ruined with Jessica bomb references, the horrible outdoors scene, she wore LEGGINGS AND CONVERSES with that dress, she looked like she was playing dress up, Alice never dressed her
- spoiler plot for New Moon, we don't find out Victoria's alive until half way into New Moon
- Sam was suppose to be BIG, not some scrawny kid.
- Angela is suppose to like Ben not Eric
- Tyler was black, so I guess that's why they didn't put Lauren in the movie.
- Edward's sparkling had a theme song, i wanted to DIE.
- They never TALKED, they just fast forward through it.
- what was up with the cut off underwear on Bella part.?
- since when did the Cullen's have a crest.?
- the Cullens never cooked for Bella
- we didn't hear about Carlisle which is important for New Moon
- we're not suppose to know anything about Jacob until NM, when Bella and Jacob's relationship develops
- Jacob and Bella didn't MAKE MUD PIES together and if they did, she repressed those memories.
- Charlie and Billy's relationship was rocky at the start of the movie, not all buddy buddy.
- All the relationships were looked over.
a) Bella and Edward fell in love over a span of time, not in 2 weeks.
b) Bella and Alice are close, Rosalie hates Bella.
c) Emmett plays role of brother to Bella in car scene
d) Don't learn about Jasper's powers, which is IMPORTANT.!
e) Esme doesn't tell Bella what happened to her, which comes up in NM
f) We don't know that Victoria and James were involved until NM
g) Mike and Jessica don't get together that quick
- Esme would have never told Rosalie to clean up that mess
- The part where Bella faints in Bio was taken out, which AGAIN is important.
- Edward's wonderful way of speaking.?
- Bella and Edward don't even look like they're in love, their suppose to have in breath taking love and it doesn't show up on scene.
- The Cullens cars should have been, MUCH better.

I honestly can't think of any thing good about the movie, besides Jacob, I can't wait to see more of Jacob and less of Edward in NM, if that don't mess this up too much.

Hopefully before the finish NM they and Stephenie go over the movie, and make sure they do it right. The movie script needs to be taken from the book and not changed to stupid things like "You better hold on spider monkey,"
NM is going to have to make up for a lot that they missed in Twilight. I am glad they're getting a new director, Hardwicke did not do a good job. Also, NM should be longer and more developed and Stephenie needs to really make sure this how she wants her books to be portray because she's disappointing her fans. If the Harry Potter movies can get it right, why can't Twilight.?
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

xxlacantantexx wrote:The movie was bad. I went to see it twice, once with my boyfriend and again with my mom. I had been freaking out bout the movie to both of them since I first heard it was coming out, I even got my mom reading the books. As I watched it with both, I was embarrassed, the movie utterly paled in comparison with the book. I couldn't even think of it as a love story since I was laughing pretty much the whole time.

Issues:
- Bella was a twitchy freak and just was a mess
- She dressed horrible, I know she wasn't suppose to car but it since does excuse her for those horrible outfits
- Rob didn't play Edward at all, he looked and acted like some depressed creepy obsessed kid.
- Rosalie was absolutely ugly, they should have just got a supermodel, its not like Rosalie has a lot of lines in the books.
- Jasper just looked stupid, I couldn't help but to laugh every time i saw him.
- Billy Black trying to be "hip" give me a break that was horrible.
- Lauren wasn't even in the movie
- Angela's character was totally wrong, but she was the best look one there
- Mike was UGLY.!
- They went surfing at La Push, yeah right
- Jacob came in too soon in the movie
- Bella never cooked
- Why did Bella have a laptop and phone
- Why the HELL did Edward call her spider monkey.? That whole scene could have been left out because it was trash
- Charlie's friend doesn't die in the book and Carlisle was never at a police station
- the pepper stray
- The whole prom scene was ruined with Jessica bomb references, the horrible outdoors scene, she wore LEGGINGS AND CONVERSES with that dress, she looked like she was playing dress up, Alice never dressed her
- spoiler plot for New Moon, we don't find out Victoria's alive until half way into New Moon
- Sam was suppose to be BIG, not some scrawny kid.
- Angela is suppose to like Ben not Eric
- Tyler was black, so I guess that's why they didn't put Lauren in the movie.
- Edward's sparkling had a theme song, i wanted to DIE.
- They never TALKED, they just fast forward through it.
- what was up with the cut off underwear on Bella part.?
- since when did the Cullen's have a crest.?
- the Cullens never cooked for Bella
- we didn't hear about Carlisle which is important for New Moon
- we're not suppose to know anything about Jacob until NM, when Bella and Jacob's relationship develops
- Jacob and Bella didn't MAKE MUD PIES together and if they did, she repressed those memories.
- Charlie and Billy's relationship was rocky at the start of the movie, not all buddy buddy.
- All the relationships were looked over.
a) Bella and Edward fell in love over a span of time, not in 2 weeks.
b) Bella and Alice are close, Rosalie hates Bella.
c) Emmett plays role of brother to Bella in car scene
d) Don't learn about Jasper's powers, which is IMPORTANT.!
e) Esme doesn't tell Bella what happened to her, which comes up in NM
f) We don't know that Victoria and James were involved until NM
g) Mike and Jessica don't get together that quick
- Esme would have never told Rosalie to clean up that mess
- The part where Bella faints in Bio was taken out, which AGAIN is important.
- Edward's wonderful way of speaking.?
- Bella and Edward don't even look like they're in love, their suppose to have in breath taking love and it doesn't show up on scene.
- The Cullens cars should have been, MUCH better.

I honestly can't think of any thing good about the movie, besides Jacob, I can't wait to see more of Jacob and less of Edward in NM, if that don't mess this up too much.

Hopefully before the finish NM they and Stephenie go over the movie, and make sure they do it right. The movie script needs to be taken from the book and not changed to stupid things like "You better hold on spider monkey,"
NM is going to have to make up for a lot that they missed in Twilight. I am glad they're getting a new director, Hardwicke did not do a good job. Also, NM should be longer and more developed and Stephenie needs to really make sure this how she wants her books to be portray because she's disappointing her fans. If the Harry Potter movies can get it right, why can't Twilight.?
I definitely agree with you about this. I just can't understand how fans of the book loved the movie so much. I can accept things being altered but to leave out so much things in a story and add in something that wasn't in the book just ruined the story in my opinion. In a way it sort of felt like they incorporated parts of New Moon in Twilight. With the storyline of Charlie mourning his friend's death and the killing spree in Forks. Both of those storylines are in New Moon. I'm just happy to see how Chris Weitz will do with New Moon. He's going to have to pick up the slack of everything that was left out of Twilight