Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
the silver bullet
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by the silver bullet »

I'm sort of scared about New Moon being made into a movie myself. I mean, I want it to be made into a movie and everything, but plot wise it would be very angsty and there's not a lot of action in it (I guess they could play up the Victoria and Laurent angle more), but Rob's role in the film would also be very limited which I don't think the studio would like very much since he's the movies big star. Also, I'm also a bit scared with all these changes behind the screen. Although, I admit I haven't seen The Golden Compass I did see Weitz's About a Boy which wasn't bad, but really different from New Moon, in fact it's a completly different genera. I should also mention while the movie itself wasn't bad, you could tell to an extent that the film was sort of low budget. Then there's the whole Taylor thing. On the Amazon Boards (I know, I am a brave person) I heard that Ryan Seacrest announced on his radio show that they were doing a Jacob recast or something there was also some sort of link on that thread, although it looked quite illegitamante since they reffered to K. Stewart as Kristen Bell. On recasting Jacob, many are assuming that they would cast him midway through the movie, since his physical change and everything which honestly doesn't make much sense to me. Either way though, I am very worried about how New Moon is going to translate to film. I liked the Twilight movie version of the book, okay, although I wish there was more Cullen time, however it looks like New Moon is already having issues pre production.
Molly
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

AHH I'm going absolutely crazy with all these new developments on NM :shock: ... I really loved Taylor Lautner as Jacob. (although Michael Copon is haaaaaaaaaaawt), I'm still a fan of Taylor for the role. (and you know... all of this Jacob being re-cast business could very well be total bull$***. Summit hasn't said anything, and nothing is on Stephenie's website that even hints at any parts being recast... so I'm holding onto the hope that all of that is simply rumor. if not.... Im totally team Taylor :D )

And I really can't say how I feel about Chris Weitz directing NM. I've never seen any of his stuff, so I don't really have an opinion. Although I've heard SO MANY conflicting views on The Golden Compass... But that was a pretty big film, with lots of fantasy/drama elements (not to mention a lot of special FX). maybe this guy can handle it?

I don't know really, but whoever they decide to bring on as director need to have a VISION for NM, and that vision better line up with Stephenie's original intent. My biggest fear is that Summit completely screws this up, and stray too far from the book >_<

talk about a bunch of angry fans :evil:
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

With all the recent drama, I thought y'all might just need to laugh.
I came across this and it made my day:
:lol:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/twilight-se ... ks/3033550
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

LOL

that's great.... kind of creepy too, though...

haha
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
shavei7

Post by shavei7 »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:With all the recent drama, I thought y'all might just need to laugh.
hahah that's hilarious...

rob and kellan's faces were priceless :lol:

back on topic:
I hope Summit will realize that if they ruin NM, they also ruin Eclipse..hell, they'll ruin the whole franchise for that matter.

I've seen Twilight 4x so far with different set of friends...

There's not doubt that Twilight grossed that amount of money because fans watched it several times.
If the f*ck up NM, they can kiss the franchise goodbye because I doubt if it will make as much money as Twilight.
Summit better think this through with their head and not with their a$$e$ :evil:
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
twilightteen1
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightteen1 »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:With all the recent drama, I thought y'all might just need to laugh.

haha, thanx, i rly needed that. XDDDD

Team Edward <3 Bringing sexy back since 1901
So the lion fell in love with the lamb.
Team Vampire XD
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

I definitely agree that if they aren't careful then they will ruin the movies and end up losing bookoos of money. The director definitely needs to have a vision of what should happen in NM and Eclipse and rely heavily on SM for advice. They can make the movie really well but they can also screw it up.

Whoever they get to direct will definitely have a lot to live up to with the high expectations that most people have for NM and Eclipse.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Nightwalker
Settled in Forks

Post by Nightwalker »

Chris Weitz is more or less confirmed for the New Moon movie... I'm gutted once again with Summits decisions. He did NOT stick to the book for the Golden Compass so theres ntohing to make me think that he'll do it for this one :cry:
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

I know the movie is gonna rock and we're all gonna be happy with it.
Summit has the chance to turn into one of the big studios with Twilight and they are not gonna risk it.

I'm sure Chris Weitz is gonna do a great job. The Golden Compass wasn't a huge hit here in the US, but it did great internationally.
The special effects were insane. Those polar bears could not have been better.
Let's just wait and see...

I do hope they re cast Jacob's part. Taylor Lautner is simply not gonna be able to fill JB's shoes in the movie.
The actor they have been mentioning for the part looks perfect!

I am very excited to see what happens...
alinc
Settled in Forks

Post by alinc »

Holding my breath for an official announcement on Sunday.