Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Miss Cullen »

Ive said it before, i love Kristen as Bella, I think she did a great job! In interviews ive seen she seems genuinely passionate about the character and the book and I cannot wait to see her in New Moon.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I just think, who cares? She could be doing a helluva lot worst drugs! She is a very smart girl, and she was Bella.
ImageImage
E<3B
bluemaria

Post by bluemaria »

All I have to say of Kristen as Bella is Blah!! Grow a personality.

And it's too bad too because I thought she looked great for the part. She was great in Speak I did not know that that was the only character she could do though. I guess they will be making the other movies with her though so maybe she will improve.
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I can't believe she's gonna be Joan Jett. This must be the movie she was all kinds of excited about doing. Hmm. And as far as Bella goes, I think she did alright. She did what she could with what they gave her. The twitching and the blinking were a bit much for me though. The only other person I could see being Bella would be Margarita Levieva. That's only cause I was watching The Invisible last night. Lol.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/03/kri ... joan-jett/
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Having not seen the movie yet, I think Kristen is going to be fantastic as Bella. Ive seen a few of the scenes, and she seems to have Bellas personality down really well. People keep saying her personality is 'blah; but i don't think that is true at all! Especially from al of the movies I have sen her in. She plays horror off really well so that will come in handy during a lot of the scenes with vampires in Twilight :)
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

dazzle_me-xx wrote: And finally, Kristen not being good enough to play Bella? Are you kidding me? She got chosen out of thousands that auditioned, Catherine Hardwicke saw something special in her, and Stephanie Meyer was personally pleased that she got chosen.
Overall, I think she did a great job. I hope we egt to she different sides of her in New Moon, where, if she hasn't covinced you she loves Edward in Twilight, I'm pretty sure she'll do in New Moon.
I am not sure that's true. There weren't thousands of actresses that tried out for bella. Kristen was picked by Catherine, Catherine scouted actresses and she liked kristen.

My opinion, kristen is DEFINITELY not bella, and she's not good enough either. maybe I am biased because my Bella will always be Emily Browning - she just LOOKS like bella to me it's quite scary actaully. Kristen is good but NOT that good. Her acting is...well but it could use improving.

One of the things that really irked my while watching the movie, is that some things i've noticed Kristen do in interviews that are kristen - she included that in the Bella character. In other movies i've watched of her, i've noticed the same thing. I think it's a problem, Kristen can't separate herself from the character she's playing sometimes.
She said in an interview that "bella could be any girl" and that's not true. Bella is a very well-rounded, distinct person. She's not any girl, she's a girl. So not everyone can play her as she said. i mean, i don't know about you guys but i definitely don't think i am bella while reading the books.
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

malaz wrote:
dazzle_me-xx wrote: And finally, Kristen not being good enough to play Bella? Are you kidding me? She got chosen out of thousands that auditioned, Catherine Hardwicke saw something special in her, and Stephanie Meyer was personally pleased that she got chosen.
Overall, I think she did a great job. I hope we egt to she different sides of her in New Moon, where, if she hasn't covinced you she loves Edward in Twilight, I'm pretty sure she'll do in New Moon.
I am not sure that's true. There weren't thousands of actresses that tried out for bella. Kristen was picked by Catherine, Catherine scouted actresses and she liked kristen.

My opinion, kristen is DEFINITELY not bella, and she's not good enough either. maybe I am biased because my Bella will always be Emily Browning - she just LOOKS like bella to me it's quite scary actaully. Kristen is good but NOT that good. Her acting is...well but it could use improving.

One of the things that really irked my while watching the movie, is that some things i've noticed Kristen do in interviews that are kristen - she included that in the Bella character. In other movies i've watched of her, i've noticed the same thing. I think it's a problem, Kristen can't separate herself from the character she's playing sometimes.
She said in an interview that "bella could be any girl" and that's not true. Bella is a very well-rounded, distinct person. She's not any girl, she's a girl. So not everyone can play her as she said. i mean, i don't know about you guys but i definitely don't think i am bella while reading the books.

Yeah Kristen mentions that in an interview.. how people picture themselves as Bella. A lot of people do that...So I was happy that she recognized that aspect of being in a movie that was originally a novel. She just said she knew that theres no way every single character would match everyones mental depiction of them.. it's literally impossible. Theres no way to do it for everyone. but the actors that were chosen would just try to do it the best they can while bringing a bit of themselves into the character.
Swan
Settled in Forks

Post by Swan »

Wow, what a bunch of cruel critics. I'm sure she did a better job than any of US could do. I personally thought she was awesome and made a great Bella. Give her a break. She's only 18 and has done nothing but indie films until Twilight. This is her very first big film and it's bigger than life. She had no idea. She took a huge leap. She'll mature and grow as an actress with every project she does and as she gets older. She'll also be more comfortable in all the crazy, awkward, uncomfortable interviews. I like that she's different. All this Emily Browning stuff..... it would have make it too Disney. I think they wanted to really stay away from that. I personally can't wait to see what Kristen does in the future and will enjoy following her career.
At midday we stumble as if it were twilight; among the strong, we are like the dead. Isaiah 59:10

Then Jonathan said to David: "Tomorrow is the New Moon festival." 1 Samuel 20:18

Its kingdom fell into sudden eclipse. Rev. 16:10
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

I thought I'd link you guys to this article:
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment ... 74361.html

I thought this was interesting. There's too many negative articles out there that insinuate things that aren't true. I've said it before but I have no problem with her portrayal of Bella. She did a great job in my opinion.

I agree with everything you said, Swan. Some of the negative criticisms of read are a little bit of a stretch.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I really loved her as Bella, she looked the part too. I am excited about her portraying Joan Jett too...I heard about that on KLOS:Classic Rock LA. And...I almost got my dad into a car accident by screaming. :lol:
But she is a really good actress, and a lot of it was from the direction that Catherine gave her...
I am excited about her in New Moon, she does that deep indie like stuff really well!
ImageImage
E<3B