Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by LilyMorgana »

I just unwrapped my copy of it and I was thinking of the exact same word: lovely. It's just lovely. :) I read the introduction and I love it already. (I normally don't like introductions so that must mean something!) Now I'm going to submit this message so I can continue reading the rest of the book.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chyeah »

Okay, so I used to be really obsessed with Harry Potter, but by the fifth book I got lost and couldn't stand it.

Now, I'm rereading the series, and I'm up to Book 5. The long-ness of it is intimidating.
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think by the 5th book and on so many things are going on that you just have to make mental notes of everything thats happening...just be patient with it...it all pays off when you get to the end of the Deathly Hallows (there are a few chapters I had to reread in DH just because I got a little bit confused on how it got to certain places)
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

Believe it or not I have not read any of the Harry Potter books. I KNOW!!! Good new is I just went and got the first book last week and I plan on reading the entire series. I recently got my teaching certification and decided that I needed to be familiar with the book and not just the movies because I'm sure I will have students who will do projects on it. I'm sure I will really like them. The length is just scary but I survived the Twilight Saga and loved every minute of it so I'm sure I am just being a big baby.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

littlelamb wrote:Believe it or not I have not read any of the Harry Potter books. I KNOW!!! Good new is I just went and got the first book last week and I plan on reading the entire series. I recently got my teaching certification and decided that I needed to be familiar with the book and not just the movies because I'm sure I will have students who will do projects on it. I'm sure I will really like them. The length is just scary but I survived the Twilight Saga and loved every minute of it so I'm sure I am just being a big baby.
Harry Potter is a fun read...it just takes a while...but I got wrapped up in them so its fun to read because you get so involved in the story (very different way than Twilight)
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I started reading like three different books from the series over the last couple weeks, but the only I seemed to get into was the seventh. I find that rather odd because I wasn't too fond of that one. It feels strange to go from reading first person (Twilight) to third person (this series). Just takes some time to get over the differences.

The fifth one took me the longest to read because I had the money to buy it but I lent it out. It took me a week to get the money back and by than I had read close to half the book at the store. The people who worked there thought I was crazy.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

I don't know if anyone remembers this, but I proposed rereading the HP series over the Christmas holidays. See, I had already planned on rereading, and I just wondered if anyone wanted to join me. This is just a reminder that I plan on starting that within the next two days. If you'd like to reread, feel free. :D
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Post by <3_my_Edward »

*Bloodlust* wrote:I don't know if anyone remembers this, but I proposed rereading the HP series over the Christmas holidays. See, I had already planned on rereading, and I just wondered if anyone wanted to join me. This is just a reminder that I plan on starting that within the next two days. If you'd like to reread, feel free. :D
I am totally planning on reading all of them over my Christmas break! I had a HP movie marathon last weekend and it totally made me crave reading the books, so my goal is to read all seven on my three week break. It's a little ambitious but I think I can do it haha

Oh and on a side note...Twilight saved me, after the seventh HP was finished I was heart broken...I didn't have anything left to look forward too, but then I discovered Twilight and everything was okay for a while...of course nothing can replace my beloved HP though, I just have a new place for Twilight haha...and also now I'm experiencing the same thing after BD...Brisingr even came out already too...lol it's a very sad time...anyway sorry I ranted a little bit...does anyone feel this way too?
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

<3_my_Edward wrote:
*Bloodlust* wrote:I don't know if anyone remembers this, but I proposed rereading the HP series over the Christmas holidays. See, I had already planned on rereading, and I just wondered if anyone wanted to join me. This is just a reminder that I plan on starting that within the next two days. If you'd like to reread, feel free. :D
I am totally planning on reading all of them over my Christmas break! I had a HP movie marathon last weekend and it totally made me crave reading the books, so my goal is to read all seven on my three week break. It's a little ambitious but I think I can do it haha

Oh and on a side note...Twilight saved me, after the seventh HP was finished I was heart broken...I didn't have anything left to look forward too, but then I discovered Twilight and everything was okay for a while...of course nothing can replace my beloved HP though, I just have a new place for Twilight haha...and also now I'm experiencing the same thing after BD...Brisingr even came out already too...lol it's a very sad time...anyway sorry I ranted a little bit...does anyone feel this way too?
oh yes I was very broken-hearted after finishing Deathly Hallows...well most of DH just broke my heart anyways (for those who have read it you know what I mean...) its always hard to finish the series knowing nothing new is going to happen...
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Oh, I'd love to reread the series! But I don't own the books. :x The libraries too much of pain to deal with. But I'm expecting a lot of gift cards from the family so who knows? I might get my hands on a copy of Harry Potter yet! (Still wish the book collection was an option. Not sure what's going on there.)
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May