Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by Amethyst1 »

ok guys, i THINK sending Mike (michael copon) hate mail on his facebook is just WRONG, okay? this dude is going to be jacob. period. and to be honest, it makes you guys looks immature, it's not a truth that he isn't jacob, in fact, he's already jacob to me. and yes it IS mean. no one deserves that kind of disrespect.

I like Taylor and I enjoyed him in Twilight with what? his 2 scenes...I think he is a really good actor...could use improving...though.
But Taylor honestly looks like a boy next to Rob, nothing like I imagined Jacob in the books. Rob is looks like a man and dazzling Edward that he is supposed to be, Taylor...is looks nothing like Jacob is supposed to be in new moon. I love him in Twilight, I love taylor as a person too - he seems warm and happy and sweet, but regardless of his personality traits, physically...he isn't jacob.

I feel bad for him. sigh.
hopefully he'll have a bright future a head of him. i hope so. he deserves all things good.
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

malaz wrote:ok guys, i THINK sending Mike (michael copon) hate mail on his facebook is just WRONG, okay? this dude is going to be jacob. period. and to be honest, it makes you guys looks immature, it's not a truth that he isn't jacob, in fact, he's already jacob to me. and yes it IS mean. no one deserves that kind of disrespect.
dude people are sending hate mail to his facebook?
i agree with you that is so mean and unnecisarry.
and okay, i don't want to start an argument or anything but WHERE are you guys getting the idea that he is "cocky"?
i'm not saying he isn't, because i've never met the dude, but have YOU?
i think you all sending him hatemail and treating him like shiz just because he isn't jacob as you imagined him is the EXACT SAME THING people were doing to taylor that some people on here were getting upset for.
hes not trying to steal the role and ruin it or anything.
he wants his chance, just like taylor. and who knows maybe he can pull of jacob perfectly.
i think you all need to give him a chance, just like you did for taylor before you judge him/ send him hatemail.
its just rude.

okay sorry rant over.
randomness bum<3
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

i don't think anyone is actually sending him hate mail... as i said i was joking. i just thought it seemed cocky that he posted on his facebook that he "is the older jacob black" when he hasn't officially gotten the part yet. i guess he is just trying to self promote himself but it seems a bit arrogant to me.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

Dude, relax no one ever said that they were sending "hate mail" all we said that it will be funny just to send him a message.

And NO Michael IS NOT Jacob Black. If he was, he would have audition for the role in the first place & got the part, but he didn't and Taylor did. So that makes Taylor Jacob, not Michael. The only reason (it seems) that Michael will want the role of Jacob is to further his career. Because according the the article, representatives of Michael are trying to land him this "high-profile gig". Yeah, it sounds like he just wants to be in the spotlight.

Do not get me wrong, I liked Michael in That's So Raven (boys in motion) & One Tree Hill with Brook.

But Michael Copon, Steven Strait & whoever else will never be Jacob.

And yes it is mean, but like that good old saying goes...TRUTH HURTS!!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i am going to laugh when they announce something like HE is the replace taylor next week. how the do we know he hasn't been confirmed? just because we don't know? he very well could have signed something and we wouldn't know until Summit says something just because THEY say its official doesn't mean it happened that moment. who knows.

Personally I don't care either way. taylor is a cutie and did well as Jake-- if summit would up the budget they could keep him and just age him with specials and stuff.. but if he is replaced i won't be sad.

E! just said that it was SO FALSE that it has been confirmed that he is being replaced.

But they also got it wrong that Ben whats his name i call him Prince C.. is going for Jake.. he is actually going for Aro... not jake...which makes me wonder if maybe they are just wrong all together.

i'll be fine with whatever.

I like Taylor- I like Steven strait i like M.C...
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

OK think about it this way Rob/Edward fans... what if Summit wanted to replace Rob??? Then how will you guys feel? Well it's the same for us Taylor Lautner/Jacob fans!!!

So please, turn the table around and see it from our view. Our favorite character is Jacob, We love Taylor as Jacob.

OMG as I was typing this out they just announced on Access Hollywood that Taylor may be out. Go to accesshollywood.com to find out who wants the part. It's becoming a reality.

I HATE SUMMIT!!!!

http://www.accesshollywood.com/no-new-m ... icle_12656
Last edited by switzgal on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

switzgal wrote:OK think about it this way Rob/Edward fans... what if Summit wanted to replace Rob??? Then how will you guys feel? Well it's the same for us Taylor Lautner/Jacob fans!!!

So please, turn the table around and see it from our view. Our favorite character is Jacob, We love Taylor as Jacob.

OMG as I was typing this out they just announced on Access Hollywood that Taylor may be out. Go to Access.com to find out who wants the part. It's becoming a reality.

I HATE SUMMIT!!!!
That's what I've been saying. This is going to make me cry.

I'm boycotting (lol)
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

so you want Jacob to stay a 16 year old cute little baby faced boy?
he is suppose to look like a MAN in a matter of days.. Unfortunately Taylor just doesn't look like the way Jacob is suppose to look like after he goes threw his change... that is a fact that ALL OF YOU JACOB FANS knew.. you KNEW this was a possibility- if you didn't well then you are kind of naive( I am trying to be nice about this)

Given the fan reaction to Rob as Edward- that isn't a possibility. and also.. Edward doesn't Age rapidly over night. he doesn't change the way jake does.

i think while all of you are really upset.. and i would be too honestly.. i would if they did replace Rob. But it is Necessary for the story line... because Summit will not dish out the extra money for the Specials(because they are dumb)

i am sure every single one of you will still be at the midnight opening or the weekend release of new moon..

so stop complaining so much.. its pretty much a done deal- get over it
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

nafereti wrote:Dude, relax no one ever said that they were sending "hate mail" all we said that it will be funny just to send him a message.

And NO Michael IS NOT Jacob Black. If he was, he would have audition for the role in the first place & got the part, but he didn't and Taylor did. So that makes Taylor Jacob, not Michael. The only reason (it seems) that Michael will want the role of Jacob is to further his career. Because according the the article, representatives of Michael are trying to land him this "high-profile gig". Yeah, it sounds like he just wants to be in the spotlight.

Do not get me wrong, I liked Michael in That's So Raven (boys in motion) & One Tree Hill with Brook.

But Michael Copon, Steven Strait & whoever else will never be Jacob.

And yes it is mean, but like that good old saying goes...TRUTH HURTS!!
dudeee...that's Y.O.U.R opinion that taylor can be the only jacob. Jacob to me can be played by different several actors. EVEN Edward, you know i love Rob and he's amazing as Edward, even then, i won't lie that there are others who could have done just as an amazing job (gaspard, henry, hayden - THEY are all Edwards)

i don't really want to start an argument...but how do YOU know that Michael hasn't audtioned for the role of jacob. Abviously he couldn't have, there's a immense difference between jacob in twilight and jacob in new moon, so why should someone audtion for a role they don't fit physically??? but in new moon of coarse he would do jacob justice and later in the other books. I don't really know why he wants to the role of jacob. i don't care, as long as he delivers a good job then great.
_____
and honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if mike already got a bunch of hate mail on his facebook. Twilight fans are inconsistent...and then later they will be like "LYK OMG MICHAEL IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT. and he's lyk jacob."
just like with Rob...the rob affect as SM calls it.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

We know Jacob grows to be 6'7" tall and look 25 etc in the book. What about Ashley Green NOT BEING 4'9" like Alice is in the books??? Why did they cast Ashley Green if they really want to get that nitpicky about the height and looks? Jacob being 6'7 doesn't change the plot of the story. It would be one thing if it did. But Taylor could stay just as he is w/o CGI effects to get taller or older and the series DOES not change!! Him being shorter doesn't affect the story the same as Alice NOT being 4'9" tall DOES NOT affect the story.

It's just plain wrong for Summit to have Taylor promote the movie all over the country, have Taylor's face on Jacob T-shirts, posters etc and then CHANGE him. It's quite retarted. If he wasn't a MAIN character that doesn't have his face on millions of posters and t-shirts and Twilight related product maybe. But Summit is making a HUGE mistake!!
Last edited by switzgal on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.