Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by TeamJacob! »

Lynzeee wrote:so you want Jacob to stay a 16 year old cute little baby faced boy?
he is suppose to look like a MAN in a matter of days.. Unfortunately Taylor just doesn't look like the way Jacob is suppose to look like after he goes threw his change... that is a fact that ALL OF YOU JACOB FANS knew.. you KNEW this was a possibility- if you didn't well then you are kind of naive( I am trying to be nice about this)

Given the fan reaction to Rob as Edward- that isn't a possibility. and also.. Edward doesn't Age rapidly over night. he doesn't change the way jake does.

i think while all of you are really upset.. and i would be too honestly.. i would if they did replace Rob. But it is Necessary for the story line... because Summit will not dish out the extra money for the Specials(because they are dumb)

i am sure every single one of you will still be at the midnight opening or the weekend release of new moon..

so stop complaining so much.. its pretty much a done deal- get over it
Obviously you don't really understand because Jacob doesn't seem to be your favorite character...so all us Jacob fans are doing is to try to voice our opinion in the hope that they won't change him. And honestly noone is forcing you to come to this topic and hear us complain as you put it.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

bahahah Malaz you made me laugh

"LIKE OMG MICHAEL IS SOOOOO HOT" yeah.. i bet all the jake fans will be JUST LIKE THAT in a matter of months..

TRUTH HURTS? haha sure does
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

I went to access hollywood & i think im really going to cry.

actually Taylor can totally pull off looking like the older Jacob. On page 262 on NM it says, "The planes of his face seemed to have hardened subtly, tightened...aged." This is when Bella first sees Jacob after he turns. It doesn't say that he aged all the way to a 25 year old.

plus they can put make-up on taylor to look like he's older. i mean look at The Chronicles of Narnia. if make-up can make them monsters look real. they can make taylor look older.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

nafereti wrote:I went to access hollywood & i think im really going to cry.

actually Taylor can totally pull off looking like the older Jacob. On page 262 on NM it says, "The planes of his face seemed to have hardened subtly, tightened...aged." This is when Bella first sees Jacob after he turns. It doesn't say that he aged all the way to a 25 year old.

plus they can put make-up on taylor to look like he's older. i mean look at The Chronicles of Narnia. if make-up can make them monsters look rule. they can make taylor look older.
Like yeh, i don't get why its such a big deal about making him look a couple years older. Can it really be that hard? Come on its Hollywood for god sakes.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

you are absolutlely right! i don't have to be here..
I am team edward.. hardcore- but i think Jake's part in the story is necessary and it is necessary that he not look like a little boy... after he changes.. and the time in between new moon and Breaking dawn is not very much.. remember that.

I guess i will see you guys at Michaels thread!! hahaha.. and if i do.. believe me.. you will get an I TOLD YOU SO..

Bye ;)
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

--just because someone isn't your favorite character doesn't mean you can't understand this whole thing--

just throwing that out there.
:)

and i still think you all need to give this michael guy a chance (IF he is even cast its not even confirmed yet!! although i think it will be soon) and just because he is the "older jacob" doesn't mean taylor won't still be in the movie; they could try and make it a gradual change..

and to be completely honest, i think this guy actually does look like an older TAYLOR.
so it works out.
and it wasn't just the height that wasn't working out for taylor.
its his face, his voice and all his other boyish features. (i'm not hating on taylor, i think hes cute but you cannot sit here and tell me he looks older than 16 because he doesn't.)
randomness bum<3
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Okay, so. If they don't have the ability to make someone look a little older, then obviously we have been overestimating Hollywood a little haven't we?!
ImageImage
E<3B
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Here's the MTV blog with the New Moon article..

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/12/16/mi ... ies-stars/

Please register and post your comments there for Taylor. It would be nice if non-Taylor fans can stop being mean. But that's just asking for too much I guess.
EandB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EandB »

Taylor fits Jacob in look and personality better than this former power ranger please.A 26 year old playing a teenager is stupid.I thought the new director wanted Taylor.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

And, isn't Aro supposed to be like, really old looking?
Cough, Ben Barnes doesn't look old enough, if we are going to complain about that...
ImageImage
E<3B