Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by nafereti »

malaz wrote: dudeee...that's Y.O.U.R opinion that taylor can be the only jacob. Jacob to me can be played by different several actors. EVEN Edward, you know i love Rob and he's amazing as Edward, even then, i won't lie that there are others who could have done just as an amazing job (gaspard, henry, hayden - THEY are all Edwards)

i don't really want to start an argument...but how do YOU know that Michael hasn't audtioned for the role of jacob. Abviously he couldn't have, there's a immense difference between jacob in twilight and jacob in new moon, so why should someone audtion for a role they don't fit physically??? but in new moon of coarse he would do jacob justice and later in the other books. I don't really know why he wants to the role of jacob. i don't care, as long as he delivers a good job then great.
_____
and honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if mike already got a bunch of hate mail on his facebook. Twilight fans are inconsistent...and then later they will be like "LYK OMG MICHAEL IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT. and he's lyk jacob."
just like with Rob...the rob affect as SM calls it.

well i always thought michael was hot that's one of the reasons why i do not think he will be a good jacob black. to me, michael is just to damn fine to be on screen with rpattz. mike's beauty surpasses rpattz. he will make edward look like an extra.

i seriously doubt that he audition for the role because on SM website, there was a post saying that they are looking for an actor to play jacob black. they described the "young jacob" & michael does not fit those traits.

"Director Catherine Hardwicke is keen to find the right teenager for the role of Jacob," says Casting Director Lana Veenker, owner of the Portland, Oregon-based casting company. "Besides being an authentic Native American, he needs to have charm and charisma. At this point, Catherine is more concerned about finding someone with the right looks and personality, than she is about prior acting experience. And he needs to be available for sequels! This will be an amazing opportunity for one lucky teenager."

I'm not trying to argue as well. But this is not only my opinion because there are other fans who agree with me.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

wildroses wrote:--just because someone isn't your favorite character doesn't mean you can't understand this whole thing--
I was talking more generally about the the way we feel about changing Taylor, obviously if your not a fan you wouldn't really understand or feel the same way. Yeah, he looks 16 but I'm sure they can use some make up to make him look older and there is a chance that he will grow. And as for those ppl who think using special effects would cut to much into the budget what about hiring two different actors?
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

TeamJacob! wrote:
wildroses wrote:--just because someone isn't your favorite character doesn't mean you can't understand this whole thing--
I was talking more generally about the the way we feel about changing Taylor, obviously if your not a fan you wouldn't really understand or feel the same way. Yeah, he looks 16 but I'm sure they can use some make up to make him look older and there is a chance that he will grow. And as for those ppl who think using special effects would cut to much into the budget what about hiring two different actors?
i understand you. you mentioned jacob before, so i was thinking you meant book characters.
i get what you're saying now.
but if they got rid of taylor there wouldn't be an extra cost because they would be replacing him with someone else.
twilightbelle<3 wrote:And, isn't Aro supposed to be like, really old looking?
Cough, Ben Barnes doesn't look old enough, if we are going to complain about that...
yeah i agree with you on that..i pictured aro much older.
randomness bum<3
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Here a People mag poll. Please vote for Taylor!!!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... ullcontent
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Okay, so. This new guy, I hate him already. For starters, he is a total jerk, he hasn't even gotten the part yet, and he is blabbing on facebook that he 'is Jacob Black'. Second, if Hollywood can't do so much as throw something on Taylors face to make him look older, we need to rethink how highly we put Hollywoods Magic in the ranks, because...how hard is that? Third, OF COURSE YOU AREN'T GOING TO FEEL THE SAME WAY IF YOU AREN'T A JACOB FAN, I mean, why would you?! Fourth, Taylor Lautner will always be my Jacob Black. I am considering not seeing New Moon if they take him off of it...and guess who counts the most? The fans, and if you piss the fans off, your movie is SO screwed Summit.

:roll:
[/rant]
ImageImage
E<3B
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

switzgal wrote:We know Jacob grows to be 6'7" tall and look 25 etc in the book. What about Ashley Green NOT BEING 4'9" like Alice is in the books??? Why did they cast Ashley Green if they really want to get that nitpicky about the height and looks? Jacob being 6'7 doesn't change the plot of the story. It would be one thing if it did. But Taylor could stay just as he is w/o CGI effects to get taller or older and the series DOES not change!! Him being shorter doesn't affect the story the same as Alice NOT being 4'9" tall DOES NOT affect the story.

It's just plain wrong for Summit to have Taylor promote the movie all over the country, have Taylor's face on Jacob T-shirts, posters etc and then CHANGE him. It's quite retarted. If he wasn't a MAIN character that doesn't have his face on millions of posters and t-shirts and Twilight related product maybe. But Summit is making a HUGE mistake!!
i totally agree with you switzgal. i mean, if you see interviews with kristin & taylor. you can tell they already have chemsity. to bring in someone new will ruin it.

& they straight sent taylor to australia to promote twilight during this whole "michael is jacob black" crap...like wtf??
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

^Not only is it dumb for them to have placed Taylor Lautners face on all of the items for merchandising, ITS A STUPID MOVE, as far as their buisness goes. How do you think fans are going to feel when they go to buy another Team Jacob shirt, and it's that dumb Michael guy on it?! I PERSONALLY WILL BE VERY PISSED OFF. If there is one person we should be petitioning to keep off of the movie, it should be 'NEW JACOB'. Because at this point, I am ready to march down to Summit! :roll:
ImageImage
E<3B
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

wildroses wrote:
TeamJacob! wrote:
i understand you. you mentioned jacob before, so i was thinking you meant book characters.
but if they got rid of taylor there wouldn't be an extra cost because they would be replacing him with someone else.
Cough, Ben Barnes doesn't look old enough, if we are going to complain about that...
well if we go by what it says on MC's facebook he is only the 'older' Jacob and for a good part of NM Jacob is still his normal physical size so they would need to have him for the first bit if they want to make to soooo perfect otherwise there is no point cos either the before Jacob or the after Jacob won't match the description in the book. And summit is so intent on getting it right.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:Okay, so. This new guy, I hate him already. For starters, he is a total jerk, he hasn't even gotten the part yet, and he is blabbing on facebook that he 'is Jacob Black'. Second, if Hollywood can't do so much as throw something on Taylors face to make him look older, we need to rethink how highly we put Hollywoods Magic in the ranks, because...how hard is that? Third, OF COURSE YOU AREN'T GOING TO FEEL THE SAME WAY IF YOU AREN'T A JACOB FAN, I mean, why would you?! Fourth, Taylor Lautner will always be my Jacob Black. I am considering not seeing New Moon if they take him off of it...and guess who counts the most? The fans, and if you piss the fans off, your movie is SO screwed Summit.

:roll:
[/rant]
im with you on that one. i will refuse to see NM when it comes out. i will still see it but the illegal because i know people will take there camera's into the movies and record then post it online. so that way i can watch it for free without supporting Summit. & i will post a link to it so other people can watch it for free too & summit will lose money. serves them right for changing OUR jacob black!
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

TeamJacob! wrote:
wildroses wrote:
TeamJacob! wrote:

well if we go by what it says on MC's facebook he is only the 'older' Jacob and for a good part of NM Jacob is still his normal physical size so they would need to have him for the first bit if they want to make to soooo perfect otherwise there is no point cos either the before Jacob or the after Jacob won't match the description in the book. And summit is so intent on getting it right.

As far as this goes...
The Cullens don't eat...Summit. I think I spotted Emmett eating in Twilight...
The meadow scene was supposed to be longer.
Alice is supposed to be 4'9''.

Get that stuff right, first!
-headdesk-
ImageImage
E<3B