Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Cullen1710
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I liked it!

Post by Mrs.Cullen1710 »

I loved the movie!!!! :D . Went to the midnight show and saw again with my mom and I plan on seeing it again oh yeah! I alot of people said it was rushed I can understand why they feel that way. But they had to fit the whole story in 2 hours with not a big budget so its kind of hard to please everybody :( . I loved the baseball scene. All the actors were great! especially Rob what a cutie!!! ;) also I loved charlie in the movie very funny :lol: Cant wait until the DVD release and New Moon to come out (not until 2010 :( to long!) and since Catherine Hardwicke wont be directing it will be interesting to see who they will pick.

On my friend's behalf it was kind of messed up that they did not put Emmett's line from the trailer in the movie "Edward's she not one of us"
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

i liked it.. cause when i watched the film i expected less. ..
but a part of me still quite unsatisfied with it.. because lots of scenes from the book (w/c i believed is relevant to the story) was not part of the movie..

but i enjoyed it.. i watched it more than once.. and i would not hesitate to watch it again.. and buy the dvd copy..
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
his_bella
Settled in Forks

Post by his_bella »

The only thing i really enjoyed about the film was the baseball scene.
omg! it was brilliant! That was the only thing imo that was improved upon from the book! Aaah
Even my boyfriend,big silly film critic, loved that scene .. it was really quality.. and jasper was so sexy *swoooon*
needwingstofly
Settled in Forks

Post by needwingstofly »

I was so worried that I wouldn't like it and was very apprehensive about seeing it. Now that I have seen it, I can't wait to go and see it again. I also can't wait to buy it when it comes out.
I was unable to find someone my age (27) who was interested in seeing what they all called a teen romance movie. I finally got two girlfriends to see it with me this past weekend. I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I didn't have to explain things every few minutes. There were some parts that you wouldn't understand if you hadn't read the book, such as why the "bad guys" had red eyes and the cullens had yellow eyes. I missed part of the baseball scene and have no idea what the big Jasper with the baseball bat joke was about because I was trying to explain what the heck was going on. One of the girls with me laughed the entire movie because she said it's "something she would have never went to see by herself".
It's definitely hard to do what Stephenie Meyer did and portray it in a movie. The falling in love was so fast on screen that to most people, it doesn't seem natural. In the book, it is more spread out, Bella gets to know Edward a lot more - I wish they could have somehow portrayed that Bella and Edward did a hell of a lot of talking and getting to know each other and that's why Bella fell so deeply in love.
The kissing scene was amazing. I don't know if anyone in the theater was breathing during that... I do wish they had said "I love you" in the movie.
All in all, I really enjoyed it and I think they did well putting it together on screen.
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

Wow it is such an awesome breath of fresh air to read all these positive comments about the movie! I really liked it as well. It was a great adaptation of the book, the cast was awesome. I loved Kristen as Bella. My favourite scene in the book (the baseball scene) was my favourite scene in the movie. Of course there are a few more bits I would of liked to see in there (such as where Bella faints in biology, where they first sit together in the cafeteria) but as its been said, its hard to condense it all into a 2 hour movie. Overall I am really happy with it, Ill be going to see it again and I cannot wait for New Mood :)
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

I might be biased, but this is a pretty good and FUNNY review of Twilight.

***Disclaimer:
I.LOVED.IT!!!!
I've seen it 8 times so far.
I LOVED the books.

Read here:
Part 1:
http://anilumagloire.blogspot.com/2008/ ... acked.html
Part 2:
http://anilumagloire.blogspot.com/2008/ ... art-1.html
Part 3:
http://anilumagloire.blogspot.com/2008/ ... art-2.html
Part 4:
http://anilumagloire.blogspot.com/2008/ ... art-3.html
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

I loved the movie! Seen it 5 times now and I would jump at the chance to go back! I loved the scene where he kissed her the first time....where he saves her from the Van...oh and the Baseball scene was perfect in my mind!!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
needwingstofly
Settled in Forks

Post by needwingstofly »

Ok, I'm not the type to see a movie in the theater more then one time - especially with the price of movies - matinee around here is 8.75. Anyway, the first time I went was with a couple of girls who were friends but knew nothing of the Twilight books. Big mistake. One giggled, one looked confused the whole time, making me explain things to her. . .
Just went back today, and didn't tell hubby. He's an accountant so he can get enveloped in his work and not call me all day. Of course, today is the day where he called me at home EIGHT times before trying my cell phone. Fortunately he isn't mad :)
I wish I could go back over and over again (by myself!). I'm sure watching it on my little 32 inch tv won't do it justice. Besides, I'm not looking forward to my husband trashing it. He said to me yesterday: "I can deal with Harry Potter, but the more you talk about Twilight the more I hate it already." I'm sure he also hates the fact that I made him buy the hardcover set for me and read it day and night.
Anyway, the movie was really good but I'm really sorry to see that there is no chance my kids can watch it. My son, who lives on Transformers (also pg-13), won't be allowed near this one till he's ten AT LEAST.
LoVe It. lOvE iT. LOVE IT!
Malekk
Settled in Forks

Post by Malekk »

I really liked the movie. I have seen it a few times now and its still a really good movie. Now with that being said, there are a few things that could have been done much better. The movie didn't quite have that "epic" feeling that the books have, and I'm hoping that the new director will be able to pull that off.

I think that there were a few key parts of the book that were left out to the first movie that they are going to have to put in somewhere in the others just to have things make sense. Like that fact that there really is no "meadow" in the movie. I think there are a couple of shots of it(when Edward and Bella are laying in the grass) but they really don't put much effort into it. In New Moon its kinda an important place.
Fartoholic
Settled in Forks

Post by Fartoholic »

i rly liekd teh movie!!!!!! and teh guy hu playd edwin woz just so hawt@!!!!!