Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by skylarblue »

I didn't cry when Cedric died either, I wasn't connected to him and for me his role in GoF wasn't really that major for me.

I did cry when Dobby died and Harry was out digging his grave and when Dumbledore died, I was a complete mess. I do agree that by the end of DH, there were so many deaths that I was numb and it was hard to deal with everyone all at the same time.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

skylarblue wrote:I didn't cry when Cedric died either, I wasn't connected to him and for me his role in GoF wasn't really that major for me.

I did cry when Dobby died and Harry was out digging his grave and when Dumbledore died, I was a complete mess. I do agree that by the end of DH, there were so many deaths that I was numb and it was hard to deal with everyone all at the same time.
same here. i was like staring at my bowl of froot loops i was going to eat after i finished the h.b.p.'s part when dumbledore died. seriously, i just sat there with this upset lok on my face,i think i might have cried on my froot loops too.
i didn't cry on any cereal when dobby died though, seeing as both of the times i've read it i got to that part at night.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

okay so in the books i didn't cry at all except when Dumbledore was killed and When fred was killed- along with Lupin and Tonks because seriously they left there kid parentless! i couldn't believe that!

when i saw GOF i didn't cry when Cedric was KILLED but when Harry brought him back- i lost it.

now i cry when i see it because i picture Edward dying haha.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

I think I'ce cried every time someone good died... except Mad Eye Moody. I mean, I liked him and all, but it just wasnt... I dunno... it didn't make me that sad. I was too relieved that Harry made it to Tonk's parent's house without being massacred!
When Dumbledore died, I lost it. I was so sad. Actually, I am on the verge of tears just thinking about it.
When Fred died, oh my god. It was the last thing I expected, and I sobbed for am hour. Seriously, I peeked at my clock, it was 8, Fred died, I cried for a long time, I look back at my clock and it's 9! I was like, where did the time go??
AND I cried for about 45 minutes when Snape died... I was in love with him. :cry: And I cried when Harry went back in Snape's memories and it showed how Lily was his only friend, but one little word ruined their relationship... and his patronus!! A doe! So sad! I can't believe I ever doubted him!!! :cry:

*I was actually crying... lots... when I finished this post. So sad!!!*
List, Gnat ♥
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

ugh when Fred died I was devastated but then Mrs. Weasley's reaction that will stick in my mind forever...
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

I cried when Dobby, Hedwig, Dumbledore, Lupin, Tonks, and Fred died. The second time I read Deathly Hollows and Snape died, I did end up crying.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

cascsiany wrote:I cried when Dobby, Hedwig, Dumbledore, Lupin, Tonks, and Fred died. The second time I read Deathly Hollows and Snape died, I did end up crying.
Did you think that Snape was good or bad through out the books? It was hard for me bc he was such an a**, but I figured if Dumbledore trusted him than there is something that we are missing. I cried when Dumbledore died, but not with the others. Even thought I was sad for everyone. I am sure I will cry in the movies though. I will be bringing the kleenex with me.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I went back and forth between Snape being good and Snape being bad...I think that was the point though to make it look like he was playing both sides
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

I honestly couldn't tell you what i believed. in the beginning i thought he was pure evil but then in the later books i kinda thought that maybe he wasn't totally evil.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I always thought Snape was good. :D Oh well, I doubted for a while after he killed Dumbledore but he was my favourite character so I just wouldn't accept the fact that he could possibly be evil. I used an 'I trust Severus Snape' avatar on every forum I was a member of. When DH came out I even told that to a reporter when he asked me my opinion about Snape. Reminds me of the fact that my best friend and I almost made it in the newspaper thanks to our crazy fan girl behaviour. (Although it was apparently not crazy enough since our picture did not appear in that newspaper the next day.) I hope I'm not the only one here that used to dress up when buying the newest HP book?
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana