Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by Spartan »

I don't think I ever actually knew what I thought about Snape - I don't think I made up my mind. I remember that my mum thought he was actually a goodie.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I still don't like Snape no matter what he did for Harry or how much he loved Lilly. I think he made it harder for Harry at Hogwarts.

I was sad about the way he died and when Harry was there but I'm not sorry he's dead.

I can't believe that Harry actually gave his son Snape's middle name.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

skylarblue wrote:I still don't like Snape no matter what he did for Harry or how much he loved Lilly. I think he made it harder for Harry at Hogwarts.

I was sad about the way he died and when Harry was there but I'm not sorry he's dead.

I can't believe that Harry actually gave his son Snape's middle name.
Amen! I couldn't agree more. I didn't even feel sad when he died! I just never took to Snape which isn't strange because I never really take to characters that are popular. I feel the same about Malfoy and Bellatrix.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I never liked Snape, but I always liked his presence, I think he made a very interesting character. He was so complex! So I think he was very interesting to read and I applaude JK Rowling for making him so fascinating. Although I will admit it creeped me out for a while after it was revealed that he had loved Lily. I always put myself in the main character's shoes, so for a while it felt like I had found out Snape had loved my mom, which is totally awkward!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

I never liked Snape either, but for some reason there was this voice in the bake of my head saying that he was apart of the good guys team some how. Maybe it was Dumbledore, I don't know. But still he was a jerk the whole time to Harry, just bc he didn't like James Potter. Harry didn't have anything to do with his Dad's actions. Plus, I was sort of miffed in the epilogue that Harry named one of his sons after Snape. I know that he did sacrafice his life for Harry, but it still irked me.

Has anyone gotten the new JK Rowlings book yet? Didn't know if it was any good.....
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Debussygirl: That would be akward... *goes to potions class* Hey, daddy! uhh... not working out... He should stick to pining for his dead best friend that he never stopped loving...

I never knew who's side Snape was on... he could easily go either way... I sort of just... loved him. Weird, I know. When you look at his memories, he was just an abandoned who lost his only friend, which turned him darker, and to Voldemort. Imagine losing everything you had over one simple word. He had no friends, and no wife, and nothing, and nobody trusted him but Voldemort and Dumbledore. Can you imagine having only two people in the world thinking you are not a backstabber?
*exhales* ok, my little rant is over.

Carrisa: Really? You don't like Malfoy? I am in love with him, too. :oops: I have a thing for HP guys... I don't know what makes me love him... there really is nothing there. I think it is how he is trying to be all tough, but on the inside he is just a scared young boy. I mean, his choices are kill one of the most powerful wizards ever, or die. Not exactly a fun choice.
Sorry... I was sort of ranting again...
List, Gnat ♥
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Jasper<3 wrote: I never knew who's side Snape was on... he could easily go either way... I sort of just... loved him. Weird, I know. When you look at his memories, he was just an abandoned who lost his only friend, which turned him darker, and to Voldemort. Imagine losing everything you had over one simple word. He had no friends, and no wife, and nothing, and nobody trusted him but Voldemort and Dumbledore. Can you imagine having only two people in the world thinking you are not a backstabber?
*exhales* ok, my little rant is over

Ok, so I can really see your point. Very well stated and I can see a different side now. It would be hard to only have 2 people in the world thinking you weren't a backstabber and no one liking you or trusting you. It would be a hard life.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

↑ Woo! Persuasive speaking!

I think Alan Rickman is the perfect Snape. He has the glare, the attitude, and the little cape-sweeping motion when he enters a room down pat. :lol: I always imagined him younger, like late 30's or something, before the movies came out. Alan Rickman really doesn't look 62 when he is all Snape-d up! And Gary Oldman (Sirius) doesn't look 50!

I am going to be sobbing my eyes out in the 6th movie when Dumbledore dies and in the 7th movie when Dobby, Fred, and Snape die. Probably when Voldemort dies, too. Heh. Everyone going should bring a brown paper bag labeled "Hyperventilation bag". Heh. I did that when I went to see Twilight... people laughed at me. But it was a good time...
List, Gnat ♥
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Yep, Kleenex will be coming along with me to the movies, a big old box :D

Alan Rickman was PERFECTION as Snape. Like you said the evil eye glare was fantastic and also his voice!! His voice makes him Snape to me. When I re-read the books I hear his voice so clearly. The wardrobe and makeup people did a great job with him. When I see him out of character/costume it is so weird, but his voice is so recognizable- it gives me shivers
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:Has anyone gotten the new JK Rowlings book yet? Didn't know if it was any good.....
I bought it! I haven't read it yet..it's cute and looks good. I'm planning to read it after the 2 books I am reading..

And I really admire Snape now, seeing his side and memories I see the whole thing - well all his actions - differently and in a new, better light.

I AGREE ABOUT THE CRYING!

I love when Alan says (as Snape) in the 5th movie - when Umbridge is interviewing him and she says that he was unsuccessful, and he says :"Obviously" ina drawing voice..I love that! It's soooo snape!
I always quote that :D
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner