General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Alice and Jasper

Post by E&BForever »

Yeah, they are total opposites like Emmett and Rosalie, but they really love each other. :D
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Zoltan »

eliselovesedwardx wrote:
Gi.Kodaly wrote:Do you think that Jasper manipulate Alice's emotions so the relationship goes as he wants it to? Or just to get something he wants, if you know what I mean. lol
Sorry, I can't answer your other question but I'll try with this one..
No, I really don't think he would do that to her. He loves her too much and would probably want her to love him with her pure love rather than the love he creates for her.
I think he likes the relationship she gives him and that way he knows it isn't fake but true.
If any of that made sense..Simply - no he doesn't manipulate the relationship.

From what I gathered they were together for around two years before joining the Cullen's.
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

Zoltan wrote:
eliselovesedwardx wrote:
Gi.Kodaly wrote:Do you think that Jasper manipulate Alice's emotions so the relationship goes as he wants it to? Or just to get something he wants, if you know what I mean. lol
Sorry, I can't answer your other question but I'll try with this one..
No, I really don't think he would do that to her. He loves her too much and would probably want her to love him with her pure love rather than the love he creates for her.
I think he likes the relationship she gives him and that way he knows it isn't fake but true.
If any of that made sense..Simply - no he doesn't manipulate the relationship.

From what I gathered they were together for around two years before joining the Cullen's.
Yeah, I think that's right. I believe they met in 1948, and met the Cullen's in 1950.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ Thanks.

I have one more question. x]
Do they share a bedroom? In Twilight Edward shows Bella Alice's room, but he doesn't say if it's Jasper's too or not. I asked my friend this and she said that Alice's room was probably for keeping her things there or something. That could be it because Alice must have A LOT of clothes. LOL
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:^^ Thanks.

I have one more question. x]
Do they share a bedroom? In Twilight Edward shows Bella Alice's room, but he doesn't say if it's Jasper's too or not. I asked my friend this and she said that Alice's room was probably for keeping her things there or something. That could be it because Alice must have A LOT of clothes. LOL
I believe that they share a bedroom. I think i remember reading that somewhere but i'm not sure. I think the reason was that with all alice's clothes it was more of her room.

Edited to add that in BD, Bella goes into Jasper and Alice's room.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

Really? I don't remember that. o.O
Thank you!
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

yeah i read that part.. that's where belle hid the letter and the papers..
and where she wrote RIO DE JANERO (SP?)

i wish i could read more about the couple.. another book won't hurt..
i think they have a nice adventure while searching for the cullens..
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

I really disagree that Alice and Jasper are opposites like Rosalie and Emmett (to be honest I don't even think that Rose and Em are opposites either but that's for another discussion)

I feel like even if it seems like Jaz and Alice are opposites at the beginning of the series, there are a few situations that disprove that...

When Bella is worrying about everyone fighting becuase of her in Twilight and Jasper can feel her worrying, he tells her that she's wrong for thinking that she's not worth it (especially after reading how against he was their relationship in Midnight Sun, Jasper clearly makes a full 180 and sees how important Bella is to Edward)

As the series goes on, I think it's really clear how caring Jasper is--he really cares about the safety and happiness of his family and even though he isn't as upfront as Alice is, he is still an extremely positive character, he is just subtle--i don't think that Jasper and Alice are opposites...I actually think they compliment one another

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

^^
i think they were completely opposite before they met the cullens.. jasper always feel pessimistic about things and always find logic to every move he make.. unlike alice.. who's a positive thinker and always sees good in everything..

maybe he changed a lot after seeing alice and joining the cullends helped him a lot..
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Well his mood is also very influenced by those around him and he had nothing but negativity and violence surrounding him until he left Maria and found Alice--regardless of whether they are opposite or not, they definitely compliment each other perfectly :)

I love how they are around each other!!

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."