The Worst Song Ever

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Re: The Worst Song Ever

Post by roo-roo91 »

yeah i hate the song hot and cold, even though i've only heard it like once, it still annoyed me.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Carrisa wrote:"Worst" and "hate" are strong words for me since I don't really concern myself in the affairs of "good" or "bad" music. I usually just go along with what I like and shut everyone else out. But there I just some songs and even artists that I can't resist the urge of wanting to take a sledge hammer to their heads.

Gwin Stefanie or however you spell her name. Yeah, maybe her songs would be good if she didn't have that annoying four-year-old-girl's voice!!

Hot and Cold or whatever it's called. Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!!!! I can't stand hearing that dumb song anymore. Kill it!

There is good rap, believe me, but half the "c"rap they play on the radio isn't worth two sticks of dynamite!!!

Country. The lyrics practically beg, "Shoot me now!" The singers just about always sound the same: drunk, depressed, and carry the tune of a wounded hound dog. Like rap, there is good country, I just never hear it on the radio.
Carrisa!!
You are so funny!!

I don't like Miley Cyrus. And her new music video for Fly On The Wall is really creepy...
List, Gnat ♥
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Jasper<3 wrote:
Carrisa wrote:"Worst" and "hate" are strong words for me since I don't really concern myself in the affairs of "good" or "bad" music. I usually just go along with what I like and shut everyone else out. But there I just some songs and even artists that I can't resist the urge of wanting to take a sledge hammer to their heads.

Gwin Stefanie or however you spell her name. Yeah, maybe her songs would be good if she didn't have that annoying four-year-old-girl's voice!!

Hot and Cold or whatever it's called. Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!!!! I can't stand hearing that dumb song anymore. Kill it!

There is good rap, believe me, but half the "c"rap they play on the radio isn't worth two sticks of dynamite!!!

Country. The lyrics practically beg, "Shoot me now!" The singers just about always sound the same: drunk, depressed, and carry the tune of a wounded hound dog. Like rap, there is good country, I just never hear it on the radio.
Carrisa!!
You are so funny!!

I don't like Miley Cyrus. And her new music video for Fly On The Wall is really creepy...
Lol, thanks! I get that a lot at home especially when I try to make a point. :lol:
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

I hate hillary duff and all, but I have to admit, I flippin love her outfit in that video. I'm sorry, I just like weird outfits.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Just about anything by Simple Plan. I'm sorry, but I can't stand their lyrics or their lead singer: The lyrics are all angst, angst, angst and the lead singer is far too whiny. I fele like say to the entire bands, "Oh, go cry yourselves a river!"
Last edited by Carrisa on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

jaspercookie wrote:
Brella wrote:Tattoo by that girl from American Idol
Words cannot describe how much I despise that song.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh me oh my....I pretty much despise all things from American Idol (the show included). Every once in awhile I will like a song but I will deny it is by anyone associated with the show so I can enjoy it! But that song is without any redeeming qualities. I mean I cannot even blame her I blame who ever wrote it!! That is without a doubt the worst song writing ever!
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
edwardisperfection
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardisperfection »

Hmmm anything from that stupid little tween star Miley Cyrus is a problem with me. :evil:

Also I HATE "Rehab" by Rihanna, I feel like murdering someone everytime I hear that song.
TeamEdward
Bringing sexyback since 1901.
"So the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a lucky lamb."
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

xStarlightembers wrote:To be fully honest with you all, I do not see anything particularly special about the Jonas Brothers; their lyrics are painfully unoriginal (love never gets old, but you can add an extra spice to it!), the music itself not standing out in the least, and they have become more a marketing tool than their own band -- as with anything that has been produced or had its start with Disney Channel (shall we say, for example, Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus?) I don't see why people are overly-attracted to their looks, either -- they look like the teenagers that I see hanging around the local high school, nothing too special. (Though, just be clear, I am fully aware that true beauty is found on the inside.)

In addition, they have not had to work exceptionally hard to make their way to the top -- not nearly as hard as some other groups out there. They didn't start at the bottom on an independent label like many of the other popular acts of today (such as Paramore, Panic! at The Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Evanescence), instead they had an immense head start and heavy promotion due to the Disney Channel. To me, looking at them now, they just seem to be another craze -- forgotten and laughed at a few years from now.

I mean, really think about it: if it weren't for Disney sponsoring them and the fact millions of teenage females found their faces attractive, do you honestly think they would would be as popular as they are right now? If they had worked their way to the top, instead of having people put them there, I might have had a certain amount of respect for them and their music. But they did not, so I offer no support.

Though, before you even let the thought cross your minds, I do not hate them as people -- I just passionately dislike their music.
I'm sorry, but please do your research on how a band got their start BEFORE you open your mouth and look like an idiot.
Both Nicholas and Joseph were on Broadway for four years and Kevin was doing modeling, commercials, and learning to play guitar before a recording company tapped Nicholas to sing a Christmas carol for a cd when he was about 11-12. Columbia records heard his song and picked him up for a solo cd, which was never released because his brothers (Joseph and Kevin) sang some backup vocals for the song, and helped him write/compose some of the songs, and picked all three of them up as a group deal. They toured for a while, selling merchendise out of the trunk of their car to pay for gas, opening for random nobody bands, and going on radio and school tours. When it came time for them to record their second album, Columbia called and said that they felt that "the signs weren't there" for a second album. Then a few months later, Hollywood Records called them and asked if they could audition for a recording deal. The whole family then flew out to LA to audition, and in the meantime, Disney heard that they were audtioning for a recodring deal, and after hearing that all three of the boys had had previous acting experience, they had them audition for an acting spot with Disney as well. Two years, two new cd's, and a hell of a lot of hard work later, here they are, living on top of the world.

This may not be the kind of success story that you respect, but its a success story non the less. I agree with you that if Disney hadn't picked them out of the reject bin they wouldn't be where they are right now, but I am positive that they would have gotten there eventually. When Columbia dropped them, they weren't going to just give up. They had already started setting up auditions with other, lesser known, recording companies wen Hollywood tapped them. Sure, being with Disney hepled them in the sense that a ton of people now know who they are, but I don't think that being with Disney was an entirely good idea. It's made it almost impossible for people to take them seriously because most of their fans now are imbeciles who don't understand the phrase, "CALM THE F*CK DOWN!". I don't like being associated with people like that, but my love of the boys' music trupms my irritation with their "fans". I know that in a few years alot of the teenie fans will move on, and honestly, I'm looking forward to it.

I respect your opinion of their music, not everyone can like the same things. But please, do not honestly try to tell me that they didn't work their asses off to get where they are today.

However, I do agree with pretty much everything else that's been said. Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus/Spycho ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch/whatever the hell else she is can go get hit by a truck, and then be dragged across a field of white hot glass. She is horrible in every sense of the word. HSM can burn, except for the song "I Want It All" from the thrid one. That song is my theme song for life. :P
Last edited by Renesmee101 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Anything Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus. Jonas Brother...I can deal with their music, they are just so over rated! Uggghhhh!

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

Whatever Disney is high on and Katy Perry; move on, we don't care if you kissed a girl and liked it, but please at least try not writing such crappy pop songs. And Hot n Cold shall die :roll:
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic