Edward and Bella #1

harlz93
Settled in Forks

Re: Edward and Bella

Post by harlz93 »

I have to say thats the only thing that annoyed me in Twilight...the sudden love for Edward..I know I would have prefered it if she'd been a little more restrained emotionally in the beginning..given him something to work for...
StephieTelli wrote: So u could actually say that at first Bella was confusing love with infactuation but of course it eventually grew to true love.
That I totally agree with. It's a typical teenage thing to believe you're "in love" with someone you've known/liked for a matter of days or weeks.
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

I agree. I think it turned to true love, overtime.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
harlz93
Settled in Forks

Post by harlz93 »

Yeah, definately had to be a gradual thing. Would have liked them to have had a few more arguments...they all seemed to be one way really...
iluvedward4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by iluvedward4ever »

YourFavoriteAries wrote:
urcoolcarrie wrote:^ absolutely. i could write a book about all the reasons edward and bella deserve all they ended up with. its like, edward waited 100 years to find the one person that makes him whole, and when that person finally comes around, it just happens to be someone with the most irresistable blood, making him want to kill her. he goes through so much strain to not kill her, let alone save her from everything else that she gets involved with. its the total opposite with bella. she loves this guy, but she could die by being with him. its just like, i don't understand why people think that the ending was stupid because there was no sacrifices involved. there were sacrifices that happened in the other books-bella giving up human life, edward giving up a normal life. isn't that enough? why does someone have to die to make a story have a satisfying ending? i believe that there is such thing as a happy ending, and that bella and edward met all the criteria there is to get that.

sorry, i know that we all knew that stuff already, but i just had to vent a bit. :)
Hmmm,

Well I am one of those people that thinks they should have lost SOMETHING. They went through allot in the other three books but at the end of those books it all worked out. Just like in Breaking Dawn everything just worked out.

They went through allot, and risked allot, but neither had to acctually SACRIFICE anything. Bella almost died, Edward almost killed her, she almost lost her humanity....

Which brings me, Bella is no longer human, but does she lose anything she wanted to keep? She's not a deranged monster, she can see her father, eventually she'll be able to see her mother, she's still friends with her best friend, and above all that she has the most "perfect" daughter in the world. I can not think of a single thing Bella lost by becoming immortal. It's all gains.

So I guess overall there wasn't enough loss. No, there wasn't any loss. They needed to be some lose something. Almost is not the same. I guess, in away this mostly applies to Bella. Edward DOES know what it's like to lose the one thing he needs the most, Bella. And I don't mean "Oh I must leave you..." or "Oh no Edward is gone what to do?!" but I mean loss. He thought Bella was DEAD, gone, forever. So he knows, problem with that is WE as readers don't know that same loss.

I don't know if it had to be in the form of a death. A death is the most obvious, and in a way the easiest way to deal with this but she could have been creative. My reasons for wanting a death are slightly different from this but I just want to add that they CAN have a happily ever after if someone dies.

It is happily ever after so all things before are open for grabs.

Their relationship is strong, and they did work for it, but I'm not completely ok with the fact that they got IT ALL.

I do think that she has lost something. She lost her humanity. The price that she will have to pay for immortality is that she will have to watch her father and mother die and, eventually, Nessie. That is a big price to pay.

P.S. I'm one of the girlst that said that Bellla was a bad mother. Well, I take that back. Because, in the end she made a huge sacrifice to save her daughter.
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

That will be hard and unbearable for her, but despite that Bella will be comforted and be with Edward for the rest of her... well... all of eternity. It will never cease. I like looking at it that way instead of Bella losing all her family. She still has Edward by her side and I believe he would take care of her.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

harlz93 wrote:I have to say thats the only thing that annoyed me in Twilight...the sudden love for Edward..I know I would have prefered it if she'd been a little more restrained emotionally in the beginning..given him something to work for...
StephieTelli wrote: So u could actually say that at first Bella was confusing love with infactuation but of course it eventually grew to true love.
That I totally agree with. It's a typical teenage thing to believe you're "in love" with someone you've known/liked for a matter of days or weeks.
Did you watch the movie or read the book? It kind of make difference.

It wasn't sudden. It passed months of Edward avoiding Bella and Bella persuiting Edward. The tricky thing is: no one ever done this before for Edward... most of girls after the first impression, they shied off. And Bella never got so interested in someone. And when she finally found out the secret, instead of the running and screaming, she kind of made herself home. Edward had all que qualities of those romantic heroes she read about it. But he was so much more than that. She embraced a whole style of life. And for a guy like Edward, who had gave up on love and on himself, that meant everything.

So, it wasn't like a teenager thing of '2 hours and I'm already in love). But they both needed each other and their lives never really have started until they met each other.
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

iluvedward4ever wrote: I do think that she has lost something. She lost her humanity. The price that she will have to pay for immortality is that she will have to watch her father and mother die and, eventually, Nessie. That is a big price to pay.

P.S. I'm one of the girlst that said that Bellla was a bad mother. Well, I take that back. Because, in the end she made a huge sacrifice to save her daughter.
I don't think that Nessie will die, based on the evidence given by Nahuel she'll be perfectly fine 150 years later. I think the only one besides her parents that will die may be jacob, but that's only if he stops changing into a wolf.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Beautiful Peacock
Settled in Forks

Post by Beautiful Peacock »

We all know Edward is not completely perfect, but we also know his and Bella's love are. Bella THINKS Edward is perfect due to her love towards him, which makes me think of a very beautiful saying.

"Love isn't about loving the perfect person. It's about seeing an imperfect person perfectly"
koella
Settled in Forks

Post by koella »

Beautiful Peacock wrote:We all know Edward is not completely perfect, but we also know his and Bella's love are. Bella THINKS Edward is perfect due to her love towards him, which makes me think of a very beautiful saying.

"Love isn't about loving the perfect person. It's about seeing an imperfect person perfectly"
I kinda agree with your statement. Though I don't know if I would use the word perfect. I think her love for him (and him for her) is better described as unconditional. They love and accept each other for who they are, without judgment, for all their good and negative qualities. I suck at explaining myself so I'm just gonna use this quote someone else used. It's pretty similar to yours, Beautiful Peacock

"I guess that’s what I think love is. It’s not finding some perfect person and then let all the little things disappoint you. It’s knowing that the person has all those annoying little things but accept them as part as the person you love. Then, it’s like you love even those imperfections because they belong to the one you love and they really do become perfect to you"
Karistiona
Settled in Forks

Post by Karistiona »

One of the things that truly irritates me about the people who heavily criticise Twilight is that people say Bella's love for Edward was nothing more than teenage infatuation and that it was completely unrealistic for Bella and Edward to fall head over heels in love. It happens. It happened to me! One of the main reasons i love Twilight is because I know what it feels like to fall deeply in love with somebody when you're 17 years old and know in your heart that he's your perfect match in every way.

Bella and Edward's love is beautiful and wonderful and reading about them falling for each other is just perfect...the meadow scene in Twilight had me feeling all those feelings again. It was perfect. Ahhh le sigh, I think I'm going to read Twilight yet again ;)
I smile because I have no idea what's going on :)