Two words about Carlisle. Stregoni Benefici
Is officially wearing foolinthemoon's "Hero Button"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736612/1/Victorias_Hunt
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by Kachiti »

Ard Rhys69 wrote:Two words about Carlisle. Stregoni Benefici

Good catch never saw it until now. Stregoni Benefici is Carlisle since he spent several decades in Italy.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

Hmm...maybe thats a bit unfair. I don't really feel swoony towards him so much. He doesnt seem as attractive as his sons. Although I read that he distracts the nurses a bit. Wouldn't you love to work in that hospital ... all the patients would be neglected by the nurses. :roll:
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

Carlisle fell in love for the first time with Esme, right?
I feel sorry for him to have lived so many years loveless.
When Edward saw Bella in Italy he said something along the lines "Carlisle told me this would happen" as if seeing the one you love happens when you're about to die. Who do you think Carlisle saw? His mom maybe? Or do you think that he loved a woman in his human life and chose to stay away from her so as not to "damn" her for eternity?
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Team Edward Girl »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:Carlisle fell in love for the first time with Esme, right?
I feel sorry for him to have lived so many years loveless.
When Edward saw Bella in Italy he said something along the lines "Carlisle told me this would happen" as if seeing the one you love happens when you're about to die. Who do you think Carlisle saw? His mom maybe? Or do you think that he loved a woman in his human life and chose to stay away from her so as not to "damn" her for eternity?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Esme was Carlisle's first and only love. The way he was alone for so long kind of reminds me of Edward and the way he had to wait so long (only it's worse for Edward because he watched all of his family fall in love before him). When Edward said "Amazing. Carlisle was right." he meant that Carlisle was right about there being a heaven, even for the good vamps. Remember, he thought Bella was dead at the time. So that's what he meant.
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Team Edward Girl wrote: Yes, I'm pretty sure that Esme was Carlisle's first and only love. The way he was alone for so long kind of reminds me of Edward and the way he had to wait so long (only it's worse for Edward because he watched all of his family fall in love before him). When Edward said "Amazing. Carlisle was right." he meant that Carlisle was right about there being a heaven, even for the good vamps. Remember, he thought Bella was dead at the time. So that's what he meant.
Somewhere on this sight is a background infor for Esme. Talking about the first time she met Carlisle. Poor Carlisle had to wait over two hundred year for her.
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

I feel sorry for him too. 200 years is an awful lot of time. =/

Thanks Team Edward Girl.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I'm kind of interested in starting a new thread, or whatever you call it, or at least opening this up for discussion...
I didn't read through all the posts on this thread yet, so this may have already been brought up, but I'm kind of curious...

How is it that Carlisle Cullen, a Vampire with what any human would feel to be ice cold skin, is able to operate on and interact with (that is to say, lay his hands on, on a regular basis) so many people without ever even a hint of a risk of exposure?

I never thought about it before, but I'm reading the partial transcript SM has posted on her website for Midnight Sun (I just got to the part in the hospital when Carlisle is inspecting Bella), and when he touched the bump on her head she flinched. Supposedly because her skin is tender from having suffered such recent trauma, but wouldn't the chill of his not-quite-human skin cause a similar reaction??

Anyone who has any input or feedback on the subject, please, let me know, because in hingsight it seems like a rather obvious plot hole to overlook...

Not putting the series down at all, just curious = )......

Thank you for your time
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

SenorGimp wrote:I'm kind of interested in starting a new thread, or whatever you call it, or at least opening this up for discussion...
I didn't read through all the posts on this thread yet, so this may have already been brought up, but I'm kind of curious...

How is it that Carlisle Cullen, a Vampire with what any human would feel to be ice cold skin, is able to operate on and interact with (that is to say, lay his hands on, on a regular basis) so many people without ever even a hint of a risk of exposure?

I never thought about it before, but I'm reading the partial transcript SM has posted on her website for Midnight Sun (I just got to the part in the hospital when Carlisle is inspecting Bella), and when he touched the bump on her head she flinched. Supposedly because her skin is tender from having suffered such recent trauma, but wouldn't the chill of his not-quite-human skin cause a similar reaction??

Anyone who has any input or feedback on the subject, please, let me know, because in hingsight it seems like a rather obvious plot hole to overlook...

Not putting the series down at all, just curious = )......

Thank you for your time
I use to work in a doctor office and several of our doctors had cold hands. By nature my hands are usually cold even in the summer. I enjoy watching people jump when I touched them but back to Carlisle. Getting Carlisle hands warm before he touched a patient would be easy. Doctors usually wash their hands after each patient so hot water could do the trick or using disposable hand warmers would work too.