Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

they will probably have to spilt it up in two movies the book is so long but i like eclipse so far :)
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I think the fight scene with the newborns will be interesting to watch along with Jane and company arriving at the end. I'm also ready to see the tent scene with Jacob Bella and Edward. I'm hoping they will let the guys have their talk while Bella is sleeping, that was one of my favorite parts to read.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Not that I am remotely original here, but they absolutely can't do Eclipse without the tent scene. It is soooo pivotal. But, they have to do the dialogue correctly, straight from the book. Any variation and it won't work. Plus, I can't wait to watch Edward chuck Jacob across the tent. Damn wolf. He gets way too much pleasure out of abusing Edward's trust and patience and totally playing Bella. And, can I just add that I sooooo want to see Edward's grin when he explains to Jacob that, even if he'd been the one sleeping all curled around Bella last night, it wouldn't even make his top 10 list of best nights of his life.

Also, while this is one of the key reasons I would like to fling Jacob off of a cliff in this book, the confrontation after Edward & Bella get back from Florida, where he intentionally thinks about Bella's misery while Edward was gone just to hurt him. It ratchets up the rivalry between them so well. Someone else already said the note-writing in English when they are talking about the plane crash. This illustrates so well just how protective of Bella Edward is and just how much he has considered the myriad of ways she can be taken from him and how to protect her. I really want to see Jasper's story in there. I think he is such a great character and we don't really get to see that too much in Twilight, or I am sure in New Moon. He kind of makes up for trying to eat Bella here. And, finally, the whole aspect of Charlie rooting for Jacob, so to speak. I'd love to hear the "is he paying you for all the PR" line. It just rounds out the whole idea that NO ONE really understands the depth of committment between these two.

I did want to comment on some of the earlier posts about the nature of Edward and Bella's relationship and if you could define it as abusive. I am a survivor of an abusive teen relationship and now work as a social worker with dv survivors. No, it isn't abusive, though I can see easily how one might think that. It's complicated and way to long winded to go into the full explanation. But, the short of the story is this: abusive partners abuse is motivated by an unfailingly selfish attitude towards the world. The only things that matter are what happens to them and how what others does effects them and how they have to control all of that so the world turns out the way they want it. It would in fact be really easy to paint Edward's motivations that way unless you understand two things: 1) Once he meets Bella, his entire world revolves around her life. 2) Bella is repeatedly threatened by all things, both in this world and the supernatural one. As Edward says, it's like fighting fate to keep her safe. Everything he does, including leaving in NM, is motivated by his absolute instinct to protect her. Is he overbearing about it at times? YES! Are many of the ways he goes about it infuriating? ABSO-FRICKING-LUTELY!!! But, none-the-less, he never crosses the line. Jacob's perspective and comments are colored by the fact that he hates Edward because he loves Bella.

Sorry to edititorialize, but I had to get that out there.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
xtinasaurusrex
Settled in Forks

Post by xtinasaurusrex »

I'd love for there to be an Eclipse, but I'm they'd have to make it quickly right after NM.. Edward is supposed to stay 17 forever!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I'm actually not too stressed about the actor's ages. It's not like it'll take 20 years to film (heart attack at the very thought!!) so what's really the difference? You know the brother on Hannah Montana? 31 years old. And he's playing what? A 17 year old? And the people on Grease were 30-ish while filming it but playing seniors in high school. So I'm not worried at all about the whole age thing.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Carlyzmom
Settled in Forks

Post by Carlyzmom »

debussygirl wrote:I'm actually not too stressed about the actor's ages. It's not like it'll take 20 years to film (heart attack at the very thought!!) so what's really the difference? You know the brother on Hannah Montana? 31 years old. And he's playing what? A 17 year old? And the people on Grease were 30-ish while filming it but playing seniors in high school. So I'm not worried at all about the whole age thing.
I agree. But if they even THINK about replacing Rob - it would be a crime!!!
Do I Dazzle you???
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I don't think they are going to replace him. If they did they would have a billion fans at their door steps ready to flog them for such a mistake. But also Rob's on Contract to do at least NM and Eclipse, lets just hope he and Kristen both stay on board for BD if they get to that point. I'm reading Eclipse again and one of my favorite small scenes that I wish they would put in there but doubt they will is the one where they are in the Cullen Garage and Edward gives Bella the Helmet before he takes her face in his hands and tells her that what he is holding is irreplaceable, Or something to that effect, I would go get the book but that would mean going to my car and it's much too cold for that sort of thing. Yes I'm a wimp.
Sullie06
Learning to Love Green

Post by Sullie06 »

I love Eclipse and have to say that it is my favorite book of the series. I think that out of all four of the book Eclipse will actually make the best movie. While all the books are very good and I enjoyed the Twilight movie, to me Eclipse just has the best "movie" plot. It's got a lot more action than the other movies.

Def have to have the tent scene and the bedroom scene. I also think that the fight scene would turn out to be very intense as well!

Oh and if they need to cast some newborns.... they can call me up!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I absolutely LOVE Eclipse. I just hope that with the movie they do it right and not change too much. They definitely have to do the bedroom/proposal scene. (It's so funny w/Bella's attempt to seduce Edward. And then the sweet proposal.) The tent scene and Edward & Jacob's conversation. I can't wait to see Bella punch Jacob & also when Edward throws him across the tent. The fight w/the Victoria is going to be awesome! (I hope) I love that scene. But I know when Bella & Jake kiss I'll be so mad and possibly cry! Also at this point they better have introduced Jasper's power for pete's sake. I can't believe that wasn't in Twilight. I really hope the special effects they do for the wolves are good (which we should know by NM.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I'm just worried about everything to do with New Moon and Eclipse...

If Rosenberg writes both, we are royally screwed, unless Chris Weitz helps her...

She massacred Twilight.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX