Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

twilight1909 wrote:A lot of this thread has been about that. We're not sure what they're going to do, but there's definitely talk about adding more Edward. Such as what he's up to while he's away. The consensus is that it will ruin the ending.
The general consensus is correct, it probably would. But I think if they did it in such a way that maybe it was just flashes of what he is doing, it would be okay... something that leaves the audience asking what the heck is going on. But, obviously, I would prefer it if they just left is as close to the book as possible. :P
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
MoonBeam09
Settled in Forks

Post by MoonBeam09 »

Are Kristen and Robert contracted to do "Eclipse", too? Have they officially come out and announced "Eclipse" - or will they wait to see how "New Moon" goes? Seems to me they'd need to move kind've quick to keep the actors looking like these movies all take place within a few months of each other!
Babygirl67

Post by Babygirl67 »

i think the new moon movie will be awasome if they dont screw it up...
Shugo_vampire
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shugo_vampire »

Yet again...SUMMIT GIVE ME THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER! Just had to say that.

Can't wait for New Moon. I'll be turning 18 (ironic?) on the day it comes out.
ImageImage
More than Just a Twilight Fan...
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Shugo, that's cool that it comes out on your B-Day. I keep reading things on the net that they are going to give Edward a bigger role, even Google news had an article saying they were giving Edward more time in the movie. I seriously hope they reconsider this decision, because as a few of you have already stated that would totally mess with the ending.
JoanneMaria
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

I think they need to show just a bit more of Edward in pain and agony in the movie so that non-readers don't think he is an absolute monster.
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Babygirl67 wrote:i think the new moon movie will be awasome if they dont screw it up...
Agreed.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
ipattz218
Wandering Through Town

Post by ipattz218 »

ellalou73 wrote:Shugo, that's cool that it comes out on your B-Day. I keep reading things on the net that they are going to give Edward a bigger role, even Google news had an article saying they were giving Edward more time in the movie. I seriously hope they reconsider this decision, because as a few of you have already stated that would totally mess with the ending.

DUDE ! I JUST REALISED!
maybe what summit means by putting more edward in the movie is him like away from bella and how he is in pain but ALSO him trying to track down Victoria !

i think thats what they mean. Not Edward Bella Time but Shows what edward has been doing away from bella. cos that way non readers will know what he was doing.. even though he'll tell bella but you know what i mean.
maybe it's not such a bad thing
made by ipattz218
E<3B
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think its going to be hard for people who don't read the books to understand why Bella (and Edward) is heartbroken when he leaves because their relationship was under developed in Twilight...maybe if they make a montage or something at the beginning of their relationship to make it more believable because if I were just going off of Twilight the movie I would think their love is puppy high school love that would pass in a few months...
one_tuff_cupcake
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by one_tuff_cupcake »

JenJen2112 wrote:I think its going to be hard for people who don't read the books to understand why Bella (and Edward) is heartbroken when he leaves because their relationship was under developed in Twilight...maybe if they make a montage or something at the beginning of their relationship to make it more believable because if I were just going off of Twilight the movie I would think their love is puppy high school love that would pass in a few months...
That makes a lot of sense. You're so right about their relationship. It just seemed like it was going to fast. So maybe by saying they are giving Edward a bigger role they mean they are going to add a little more to the beginning you know?

Maybe start it off when it's still summer and show how their relationship has gotten stronger.

That would be so cool if they showed what edward was doing while he was gone. We never get that part):
Or maybe they will make the Voltori part longer. like show him when he first got there.
Pastry Sisters❤ I <3 Peeta E<3B :)BAMF(: = Edward