Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by shawniegore »

one_tuff_cupcake wrote:
That would be so cool if they showed what edward was doing while he was gone. We never get that part):
Or maybe they will make the Voltori part longer. like show him when he first got there.
I never thought of that!! That would be a GREAT place to add in more Edward. Seeing him in so much pain that he is begging for death!!

Good idea cupcake!

one_tuff_cupcake
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by one_tuff_cupcake »

shawniegore wrote:
one_tuff_cupcake wrote:
That would be so cool if they showed what edward was doing while he was gone. We never get that part):
Or maybe they will make the Voltori part longer. like show him when he first got there.
I never thought of that!! That would be a GREAT place to add in more Edward. Seeing him in so much pain that he is begging for death!!

Good idea cupcake!
Haha that last part was hilarious(: (when you called me a cupcake hehe)

And thank you! But can't you just imagine him being completely in pain, begging for death and Aro just trying to get him to join him instead?
Pastry Sisters❤ I <3 Peeta E<3B :)BAMF(: = Edward
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^thats a great idea! that would be a great place to introduce the Volturi (who they are type of thing) because by the time Bella and Alice get there its so heightened that an explanation of them would interrupt the plot...
one_tuff_cupcake
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by one_tuff_cupcake »

yeah, that way they could really build up how powerful they are. I mean the little explanation that edward gives at the beginning is kind of informative but this way you really get it that they are NOT to be messed with. and it would give Edward a bigger part(:
Pastry Sisters❤ I <3 Peeta E<3B :)BAMF(: = Edward
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:
navarre wrote:
JodeenSings wrote:
navarre wrote: Has anyone heard the fate of Taylor? I am hearing so negative things about Copon and him mouthing off stuff.
What's going on there?
Well, there's a report from Reelz, lemme find the link . . .
http://twilightersanonymous.com/reelz-c ... movie.html
I snagged it off of TA, I'm sure it will be on the Lex news blog, too.
Thank you, ma'am!! I watched the video and what still amazes me is that this Steve Mason guy thinks that Hardwicke "got it". SHE DID NOT GET ANYTHING!!!!! :x

Twilight is NOT about teen angst - PERIOD!!! It is fantasy not angst. Read Twilight - you have a love story, fantasy, suspense, drama, dark comedy/humor - not angst. Hardwicke did fine with "Thirteen" and "Lords of Dogtown" - she SCREWED UP Twilight along with Rosenberg and Summitt. The blame is on all three.

You need a director and writer that understand fantasy, Hardwicke did not. Just because a movie has teens in it does not necessarily translate to angst. Edward's life was a void until Bella entered it, Bella's life was filled with taking care of her mother emotionally and was basically a void until Edward came into her life. They both came alive, ALIVE when they started to get close. That along with so many other core things of the book were ommitted in the movie.

My hope is that New Moon will make up for what was so totally destroyed, in my book, with Twilight.

Again, we will see.
God I agree . . . how the hell is Twilight about teen angst? I hate when adults try to understand things like this, they always seem to loose the plot completely . . .

I'm so glad they have Weitz, he's done fantasy with great CGI . . . he can do this like Hardiwcke never could . . . but then theres Rosenberg, now she's a problem that isn't going away!
Come on now! How about executives get it wrong.... There are many adults who are die hard fans....Rob is an adult!
Allison
Wandering Through Town

Post by Allison »

So I was reading over the thoughts of Rob being shown more in the movie while he's away from Bella, and I have to say....I would LOVE to watch Rob as a completely depressed, suicidal Edward in Italy!!!!! That sounds kind of terrible to say I suppose, but Rob as a tortured, love-sick fool would just be great on a very large screen. :D
ImageImageImageNM p.201
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

JenJen2112 wrote:I think its going to be hard for people who don't read the books to understand why Bella (and Edward) is heartbroken when he leaves because their relationship was under developed in Twilight
EXACTLY! I totally agree
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I think that showing Edward begging the Volturi would be a really good way to give Rob more face time yet not ruin the flow of the book. It might even help those who haven’t read the books understand whats going on.

I agree with whoever said that it was more Hardwicke and Rosenberg who dropped the ball on Twilight. Over all it was a good movie but I felt it was extremely rushed and was quite underdeveloped…they went from glares to gazing into each other’s eyes in a matter of minutes. The acting was fine…it was strained at times but I think that perhaps that can be chalked up to the actual script…also the way it deviated so much from the book was a little disturbing. Occasionally I could see the necessity of it but other times it just ruined the mood…(come on,
they took the meadow scene and basically made it a little field trip for Edward and Bella).

Someone asked about if the actors had already been signed for Eclipse…I may be wrong but I heard that they were filming New Moon and Eclipse basically back to back. No word yet on Breaking Dawn.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:I think that showing Edward begging the Volturi would be a really good way to give Rob more face time yet not ruin the flow of the book. It might even help those who haven’t read the books understand whats going on.

I agree with whoever said that it was more Hardwicke and Rosenberg who dropped the ball on Twilight. Over all it was a good movie but I felt it was extremely rushed and was quite underdeveloped…they went from glares to gazing into each other’s eyes in a matter of minutes. The acting was fine…it was strained at times but I think that perhaps that can be chalked up to the actual script…also the way it deviated so much from the book was a little disturbing. Occasionally I could see the necessity of it but other times it just ruined the mood…(come on,
they took the meadow scene and basically made it a little field trip for Edward and Bella).

Someone asked about if the actors had already been signed for Eclipse…I may be wrong but I heard that they were filming New Moon and Eclipse basically back to back. No word yet on Breaking Dawn.
That would be a good way to give Rob more face time on screen. Other than that, I just hope that they don't ruin the movie. And don't add a lot of chessy stuff either.
I heard that Summit is filming New Moon and Eclipse back to back. And as for Breaking Dawn...I have no idea what that are gonna do about that book/movie.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

shawniegore wrote:
one_tuff_cupcake wrote:

Good idea cupcake!
WONDERFUL! they can use the extra Stephenie wrote - when Edward is being miserable in some dark alley and receives Rosalie's call and then just take off to Volterra.