Disney Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cathrine
Settled in Forks

Re: Disney Movies

Post by Cathrine »

hands down to disney movies. im 22 but i still love my disney lol
favorite gotta be the emperors new groove.
and isnt cars a disney/pixar production?
Icon by me.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I have a 5-year old living in my home every two weeks and I love the fact we do now own all those disney movies the most. Lovely.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Cathrine wrote: and isnt cars a disney/pixar production?
I forgot about Cars. My grandpa is practically obsessed with that movie!
List, Gnat ♥
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Did you all know that Cars was a "remake" of an old Micheal J. Fox movie called Doc Holiday?

I was watching TBS or some such channel one weekend and that movie started, I wasn't really paying attention but what I caught seemed SO familiar... and then I realized it was the same story as Cars, only he was a big shot Dr. and not a race car, haha.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

roseaurora wrote:Did you all know that Cars was a "remake" of an old Micheal J. Fox movie called Doc Holiday?

I was watching TBS or some such channel one weekend and that movie started, I wasn't really paying attention but what I caught seemed SO familiar... and then I realized it was the same story as Cars, only he was a big shot Dr. and not a race car, haha.
What? That's cool! I'll have to see that. Thanks!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Cars is also based on an actual event about a Route 66. It's basically the same story: the route was used to get to California for a long time until an interstate was built and put Route 66 out of business. Now it's just a scenic route.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

I haven't seen cars yet!! It's like one of the only Disney films I haven't seen (well that and Herbie fully Loaded with LL) but I love The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin....ok who am I kidding. I pretty much love all of their animated stuff but I can't get into Lady and the Tramp but love the Aristocats!!
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Lol i'm a 21 year old GUY and I love disney movies. My girlfriend actually makes fun of me for it. Some of my favorites: Mulan, Lion King, Aladdin, and many more. Actually, the disney channel used to have some awesome movies, such as: Smart House, BRINK!!!!, Johnny Tsunami, and I could keep going but I'll let other people mention some lol.
ImageImageImageImage
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

gamb1t wrote:Lol i'm a 21 year old GUY and I love disney movies. My girlfriend actually makes fun of me for it. Some of my favorites: Mulan, Lion King, Aladdin, and many more. Actually, the disney channel used to have some awesome movies, such as: Smart House, BRINK!!!!, Johnny Tsunami, and I could keep going but I'll let other people mention some lol.
I totally agree, some of the Disney Channel movies used to be great, my fav was Rip Girls with Camilla Bella...they never show it anymore :(

--And speaking of age (I'm 21 too), is it just me, or as you get older you notice how much violence is in the animated movies?? LOL
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

eden1437 wrote:
I totally agree, some of the Disney Channel movies used to be great, my fav was Rip Girls with Camilla Bella...they never show it anymore :(

--And speaking of age (I'm 21 too), is it just me, or as you get older you notice how much violence is in the animated movies?? LOL
I agree. There is quite a bit. However, I was watching rated R movies when I was 6, and I turned out ok. So, I don't think violence is bad if someone is there to explain it's wrong. But yes, there is violence in almost every disney movie it seems.
ImageImageImageImage