Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FrenchGirl
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by FrenchGirl »

ringswraith wrote:
eliselovesedwardx wrote: OK in Eclipse, Edward says that he didn't really pay attention to Victoria's thoughts in the Baseball Clearing so he didn't realise he talent etc..But I think he didn't realise she was at the prom because he would've been so focused on Bella he wouldn't really be registering the thoughts and originally when they first walked in Victoria would've been making a point to be thinking natural 'teenage' thoughts as to not draw attention to herself..Unless she didn't know Edward could hear thoughts.
Does she know?
Well, Victoria at the prom didn't happen in the book. We know that both she and James were very careful during their time hunting/being hunted by the Cullens, but I doubt it's due to them realizing what Edward can do.

Laurent would likely have told her this after his time with the Denali coven, but that doesn't happen until after he leaves Forks, prior to the whole mess, so Victoria (if she really were at the prom) would have had no idea about Edward's ability. Which makes me think that, if she really were there, Edward was probably ignoring her for Bella's sake.

I doubt that Victoria would be able to fool Edward by thinking "properly." I mean, he's quite familiar with the students in school. You do have a point about him being very focused on Bella, though- that's certainly a possibility... But as we learn in Eclipse (and somewhat in Midnight Sun), Edward's able to think of so many things at once- I just find it highly doubtful that he'd miss something like that.
[/quote]

The scene with Victoria at the end was just to let the audience know that she was still here, waiting for her revenge. It was to prepare for the second movie. Victoria wasn't at the prom in the book because of all the reasons you have mentioned. It is obvious that Edward would know if she watched them. It's just a short cut made for the movie.
"I coveted you." His smile darkened. "I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you ! Trying to seduce a vampire."
Edward, Eclipse, p.454-455
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Oh I knew that- wasn't debating whether or not she was there. We all understood that they had to set up the next couple of movies somehow, right? :)

EDIT: Figured I'd ask here- I saw Twilight the second time, sat through the credits- and there was no extra scene at the end. But I keep hearing that there was an alternate kissing scene there. Was there really one? Is a clip of it posted anywhere? I'm just curious, I'd like to see it.
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

I think it was the same scene, just a different camera angle. It was only a few seconds long. I sat through the credits too and didn't see anything too different.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

JessicaIsIntoxicated wrote:I think it was the same scene, just a different camera angle. It was only a few seconds long. I sat through the credits too and didn't see anything too different.
No, the kissing scene during credits is NOT the same kissing scene in the movie.

Bella was wearing a differnt top (sleeveless) and she was pulling Edward by the shirt towards the bed while kissing him.

Somebody mentioned here they shot at least 2 kissing scenes and they had to redo it because SM thought the first shot was too raunchy. And if you look at the kissing scene during credits, it was definitely HOT and on the raunchy side. Well, raunchy compared to how they kissed in the book :D
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
CaughtMyself426

Post by CaughtMyself426 »

BrandOfHeroine wrote:
CaughtMyself426 wrote:saw twilight for the 6th and final time tonight ...

(don't cry, don't cry, hold back the tears!!!)

:lol:
Grrr! Couldn't spot the books on the shelf! there was someones Ginormas hairdo in front of me couldn't see!! :evil:
i got so annoyed, they turned the lights up during the credits, and i love the credits!
that song is just so nifty! i seriously have to find out what it is!
I think I saw the books as well, but is Breaking Dawn, like in the top shelf? I'm not sure, I think that's where I saw it.
And which song are you talking about? 'cause they're 3
The first one, when Victoria is walking down the stairs, it's a song that's not in the soundtrack but it's "15 Steps" by Radiohead.
Then comes "Leave Out All The Rest" and then finally "Decode"
hey thanks so much for that! :mrgreen:
Yeah It was the Radiohead one i meant
Had to find out the album so i text the radio guy asking him and then he played it for me and it was great hehe
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

CaughtMyself426 wrote:
BrandOfHeroine wrote:
CaughtMyself426 wrote:saw twilight for the 6th and final time tonight ...

(don't cry, don't cry, hold back the tears!!!)

:lol:
Grrr! Couldn't spot the books on the shelf! there was someones Ginormas hairdo in front of me couldn't see!! :evil:
i got so annoyed, they turned the lights up during the credits, and i love the credits!
that song is just so nifty! i seriously have to find out what it is!
I think I saw the books as well, but is Breaking Dawn, like in the top shelf? I'm not sure, I think that's where I saw it.
And which song are you talking about? 'cause they're 3
The first one, when Victoria is walking down the stairs, it's a song that's not in the soundtrack but it's "15 Steps" by Radiohead.
Then comes "Leave Out All The Rest" and then finally "Decode"
hey thanks so much for that! :mrgreen:
Yeah It was the Radiohead one i meant
Had to find out the album so i text the radio guy asking him and then he played it for me and it was great hehe
You're welcome. I wonder why that song's not on the soundtrack. It's amazing!
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

Pattinson / Twilight fans! help us vote for Robert

http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/grand ... ctive.html

we're racing against the fans of Tennant! LOL.

here's what we're doing to vote...basically we're just clearing out the cookies so we can vote over and over right away!
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.or ... -1380.html
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
Alison

Post by Alison »

shavei7 wrote:Pattinson / Twilight fans! help us vote for Robert

http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/grand ... ctive.html

we're racing against the fans of Tennant! LOL.

here's what we're doing to vote...basically we're just clearing out the cookies so we can vote over and over right away!
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.or ... -1380.html
I don't know if that's a bad picture, but that Tennant guy is gross-looking! Who is he? I don't believe I've ever heard of him before.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Constantine »

Bella invites Edward to La Push beach, and Edward replies its crowded.
scene changes to La Push and its empty.
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

The whole "Victoria" thing at the prom scene must've been an inside joke.

It probably was because they kept saying during interviews.

"Keep your fingers crossed" for New Moon and they didn't know if there was even a sequel but I'm pretty sure they anticipated it so it must've been an inside joke.

I was actually hoping before I saw the movie that they would atlease make the paper cut scene and fade out into the credits once they go crazy. I would've LOVED that!

BTW: The Twilight Movie in two-disk special edition is coming out on March 21!!!!
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.