Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Miko Kikyou
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by Miko Kikyou »

I love BD.
Well, not completely, but there is always a white and a dark side.
First of all, the whole pregnancy thing shocked me. Secondly, the feeling between Edward and Bella changed - Edward wasn't described nearly as good as in Eclipse ( "his eyes were smoldering" etc. ) and almost every kiss ended with having sex. Well, we waited for that almost three years, but didn't SM say it would get steamy? I didn't really see THAT much ...steam. The love between Edward and Bella seemed more intense in Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. Another point is that there was no action. Not one fight with all of the werewolves, no fight with the Volturi. Refreshing, but I was exspecting something else.

On the other hand, BD had MANY good points. The wedding made me smile hours after I've read the chapter and book two was impressive, too. I didn't like Jake, but his jokes were so incredible that I changed my mind.xD But book three let me dislike him again, the imprinting was too easy....
But Bella's first experiences of being a vampire were worth to read. I didn't expect that her thoughts would be that clear ( so many things I didn't expect... You could think that I was surprised.xD ). And her talent(s) rock!
Kicking Aro that much was more than I'd ever dreamed of...^^

On the whole, BD wasn't the best book in the series, but it was better than 65% of New Moon. And it was VERY surprising.xD
I think that it was a good ending for the series. :)
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

I had heard a lot of negative reviews about the book, but when I love something, I honestly find it hard to see a flaw. I was worried at first when I first started reading cus I really thought it didn't sound like Stephenie's writing, but as I kept reading I just fell back into the story. I loved the way the relationship between Jacob and Edward progressed in the book into something like brothers; I looved Renesmee; I loved the complete change in Bella, and how she tured from not-so-graceful, into something amazing. The change was dramatic but it showed how much she grew in the four books. I loved the torment in Edward as Bella struggled to live and have their child. As I finished Breaking Dawn, I literally sat there crying. It was bittersweet for me to finish it, but the ending seemed so full of hope and happy. The only thing I would ask for is more of Jasper. Always can do with some more Jasper. ;)
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
Swan
Settled in Forks

Post by Swan »

Loved it of course. I was so happy that once again, Stephenie surprised me. With all the BD theories, I was concerned that someone would guess what she had planned.
At midday we stumble as if it were twilight; among the strong, we are like the dead. Isaiah 59:10

Then Jonathan said to David: "Tomorrow is the New Moon festival." 1 Samuel 20:18

Its kingdom fell into sudden eclipse. Rev. 16:10
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I absolutely loved BD, though it didn't really feel like the end to Twilight like Eclipse did. But, still, it was better than I first expected. I didn't think Steph was going to be able to write a sequal to match Eclipse, and she did! I liked how she wrote part of it from Jake's point of view. It was very interesting and entertaining because Jacob just has so much personality. I was a little disappointed with the leck of action and Edward, but was very happy with Seth and Jacob having a big part in it. I know that BD is the last Twilight book in Bella's POV, so I'm praying for at least one of later years in Jake's perspective about him and Nessie.
jademuff
Settled in Forks

Post by jademuff »

First let me say I love it. Thought it was amazing. The visual of their wedding was spectacular. Their honeymoon. WOW. The pregnancy ordeal was a little predictable. But still made a good story. (BTW did they do it in the water or in bed?) I had a hard time reading Jacobs book. But I kept reading because I wanted to know what was going on with Bella. I know the reasoning behind why Bella wanted Rose to protect her. Well her baby. But to turn to her of all people. I like the ending. But I want more. I want to know what happens with Jacob and Renesmee. I want to know what happens when the Volturie comes back. I want to know where they all go. And how they deal with Charlie knowing. (He has to know.)
bluemaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by bluemaria »

I posted this before the Lex went down but I added a bit to it before reposting :)

I absolutely loved Breaking Dawn! I was so glad to see the characters grow and change. I have to admit that I was a little worried for the last book that the story line would get stagnant and that it might just be more of the same with a new reason why Bella could not be changed, why Bella and Edward could not be together, more high school more brooding, or something. I am absolutely impressed with how this last book turned out though. Not only did Bella and Edward's love grow stronger for each other (who could not wish this for them especially after they got married) but they learned how to love another in a completely new way when they became parents. As if they did not already have a good enough reason to enjoy eternity. For me, the introduction of Reneesme, like the inclusion of Jake in New Moon added a new level of interest.

When I realized that part of the book was from Jacob's perspective I thought that that specific part would not be as interesting to me. However I was left wanting more. The perspective was so different, so witty and so much more engrossing than I would have ever guessed. I have to admit that when he imprinted on Nessie and that all came together I felt pretty warm and fuzzy inside. When I got the Team Edward Team Jacob iron-ons in Eclipse I was kind of baffled. Since I read the books all this summer I was not cued in to the overwhelming fandom of the books it was not until I went looking for the date for Breaking Dawn that I found all of the discussion forums RPGs etc. But the iron ons baffled me then. Before that, even in New Moon, I never really thought that Bella giving up Edward for Jake was an option. I loved Jake as a character but really there was absolutely no way I could see Bella and Jake together. Even if Edward died I felt like it was clear that Bella would die as well. Why then would I choose a team? I loved both characters, I wanted both to be happy.

I loved that Bella became a mother, like so many other things she would have never known how much it would mean to her until it actually happened. The scene when she was holding Nessie's hand to her face to watch her dreams melted my heart. It was a beautiful depiction of this new love that Bella was experiencing. Again, not being particularly interested in the fan RP make believe world even though I read that Stephanie Meyer said Vampires could not get pregnant I did not fell mislead or tricked when Bella got pregnant. I felt like if SM had said that it was possible, when asked well that would be all but giving away what was happening in the new book. I was happy to be surprised.

The wedding and the honeymoon certainly did not disappoint either. The "sex scenes" were tastefully done and I am sure that my imagination can fill in the gaps. The wedding was great and I am glad that Bella was able to really be happy (for most of it at least). I loved the scene when Bella saw her self in the reflection of the glass wall. I believe that she was finally able to see herself "clearly" and how beautiful she was because she was finally confident with Edward. It was not only Alice's ability with hair and make-up that allowed this to happen I really think that this was a depiction of change taking hold in Bella's personality.

Edward even grew in this story. It was so great to see the joy he felt when he was finally able to stop worrying all the time. In this way, as he grew he also became more childlike and carefree. I also think that he proved that he was the one who loved Bella the most and was who she was meant to be with as he fought, all alone, to save her life after Renesme's birth.

One thing that I liked as well was seeing Bella become a vampire. I think that it was so easy for her because it was always meant to be. For me this saga was a lot like a fairy tail, and as such there are things that are just written in the stars, maybe inexplicable. Bella's gift finally made her as strong as she had always wished to be, the way she wanted to be not because she craved power, but because she wanted to protect those she loved. Another aspect that I liked about her change was how she too became a little more child like. Her enthusiasm for her new strength, grace and power finally gave her that carefree perspective that she lacked as a human. She had been an adult with adult worries most of her life even though she was in reality just a child. I believe that the new childlike perspective gave he an opportunity for a more full eternity.

I have noticed that a lot of younger people felt that they could not connect to this story as well as the rest. It is my hope that they will give it another chance when they get a little older. (Note I am not meaning this to sound condescending or rude, I am not meaning it at all as a hit on any one's intelligence, taste, etc.) I just know that for me (24 and married) this did seem like a logical and fascinating step for the series (and a brave one at that). I hope that other fans will be able to appreciate it more when they feel that they can connect to it better.

There is so much more that I liked about the book. I am really glad that I happened to read this series (just read Twilight for the first time about two months ago). This has become one of my absolute favorite series. I will have to read The Host and keep an eye out for new books by SM in the future.

Last but not least, as a resident of Title Town, Florida I could not help but smile when I read "Go Gators!" Hey maybe they could have cast Tebow as Emmett when they make Breaking Dawn the movie (Just Kidding). Anyway, Go Gators! Go Twilight! Good Going Stephanie Meyer!

I have more thoughts but not really for the Lex if you want to check them out see "A Few Interwoven Thoughts" here http://trufflesforthought.blogspot.com/
delighted_one
Settled in Forks

Post by delighted_one »

I've been waiting to tell anyone who will listen what exactly i thought of the book. I like it but it wasn't what i thought it would be. You have no idea how excited I was to read this book mostly because it was the last book. Once i started reading it i did not like it then towards the middle it started getting better. To me it was passable. I'm hoping though that once I read it for the second time i'll appreciate it more. Although I have to admit Stephenie Meyer did a great job with the ending. I absolutely love how she choose to write the last page. Ending it with something I always wondered since the begining of the Twilight book....will Edward ever be able to read her mind.
Flairfive
Settled in Forks

Post by Flairfive »

I really liked it. At first, I hated the idea of Bella's pregnancy, I thought it ruined the whole series, but when I finally passed out at 5 in the morning from lack of caffine, I woke up, read more and loved it. I didnt like that it was killing her, and the birth...ew. But I loved the ending, and I thought she wrapped it up perfectly! :D
sillyhead.
Settled in Forks

Post by sillyhead. »

loved it! :D
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I just want to say... I only started reading the series in late July. My aunt read them and thought I would like them so she lent me Twilight. I read it in one day and wanted more. I went and bought the next two and buckled down. It was summer so I wasn't in school (thankfully...that would have been torture to sit in class for 8 hours wondering what was next in the book!!). I FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM ALL!!!! I couldn't wait for Breaking Dawn. I preordered it and waited. I have to say it was worth the wait.
I loved the wedding and honeymoon. I wasn't surprised she got pregnant and figured it out when she got sick with because of the chicken. (Actually I thought it was a possibility that Nessie would be their's because I noticed the index in the back of the book before I started reading and that made me think. I knew no one else needed a mate, so there was no need to turn any one, and then I thought about how the name was a combo of the mother's names.) I thought it made since a human female could conceive. I am glad I got to "see" her turn. I was afraid that we wouldn't see what happened or afterward. I think it makes since that she was in control as a newborn. She had been prepared, she chose to be a vampire, and it makes sense that an ability of hers would be self control. I also love that she had the shielding ability! She always felt weak, helpless, and always the damsel in distress....not anymore. And now she is incredibly beautiful! What more could she ask for... power, beauty, the most amazing husband, a daughter, her best friend, part of the Cullen family, and a father who understands (or accepts).
People have been saying that they didn't like it because Bella didn't "suffer" enough after the change. That she didn't have to give up anything to become a vamp (like her father, Jacob, she was in control of her hunger...that kinda stuff) I say it is about time Bella didn't suffer. She went through hell to get and keep Edward...why not give her a break. She was constantly being hunted, always being hurt, and in danger all the time. I think she earned the break! I like how we met new vampires and how they came together for the same cause. I was a little disappointed when no fighting broke out with the Volturi. I wanted to see how things would go. Who would be stronger. How well would their powers work. I am glad we got a taste of it. But I still am satisfied with the book.
Another thing I likes was how we got to see it from Jacob's POV. I have read the extra stuff and outakes on Stephenie's website. Like "Being Jacob Black" so I got to see the first 2 from his POV, so I was excited for it this time. He is funny and I love the chapter titiles. With Bella they are one word. His were sentences. I have always liked Jacob. I love Edward and Jacob. I felt sorry for him because he loved her and he couldn't have her. It didn't surprise me that he would imprint on Nessie. He got what he wanted to keep Bella as a friend and still have part of her to love (and return the love).
I know I am rambling and repeating what other people have said...but I really have LOVED the whole series. I have read them all 3 times since late July. I am a proud addict and have gotten other people to love it as well. I look forward to the movie and hope they make all the books into movies. I know that won't come close to the books, but I would still like to see!
Thank you for reading this and posting your own!!
A BIG THANK YOU TO STEPHENIE MEYER FOR BRING THIS WORLD ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!