Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Emmett+Me=Magic!!!
Settled in Forks

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by Emmett+Me=Magic!!! »

I seriously think Edward is not selfish. If you think about it, before Bella came along everyone in his family found true love except Edward. And it is obvious that they are destined to be together forever (literally)! Rosalie however seems selfish at times and she really isn't if you think about it because of how her life was before she became a vampire. The only thing that was selfish of Rosalie was when she was using Bella to have a baby, she was basically trying to kill her, she didn't even care as long as the baby was OK. At least she wasn't jelous of Bella after Renesmee was born.
frequentlydazzledx
Settled in Forks

Post by frequentlydazzledx »

I love Rosalie, she's one of my favourite characters. Although she seems quite shallow and self centred I think there's a lot more to her behind the face. Her history is one of the best in my opinion because it explains so much about why she is the way she is. I think her revenge on Royce was great and I love in midnight sun when Edward says something along the lines of "We know how could an assasin you are Rosalie". Her relationship with
Jacob is so funny, The comments they make to each other have me rolling about. I honestly don't believe that she doesn't care about Bella and would be happy to let her die for Renesmee, I just think that her happiness at the chance to be a mother figure went to her head a bit.
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever
Emmett+Me=Magic!!!
Settled in Forks

Post by Emmett+Me=Magic!!! »

That's true,I never thought of it that way.
*Lamb*I*Am*
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

"YOU GOT FOOD IN MY HAIR" :lol:

I love Rosalie. And her bantering with Jacob :)

I actually named one of my foals after Rosalie. Her nick name is Rose, but her registered name will be Roamin Rosalie. It suits her....she's very pretty, but HOLY COW does she have an attitude if you do something she doesn't like. Thought the name was very fitting.
alicefanpire13
Settled in Forks

Post by alicefanpire13 »

Rose is a sycotic, melodromatic, diva, ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch who thinks the universe revolves around her. If not for the fact that she saved the baby and took care of her( which by the way jacob could have don) I would rip her too shreads. I cant stand people( or vampires) like her
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

frequentlydazzledx wrote:I love Rosalie, she's one of my favourite characters. Although she seems quite shallow and self centred I think there's a lot more to her behind the face. Her history is one of the best in my opinion because it explains so much about why she is the way she is. I think her revenge on Royce was great and I love in midnight sun when Edward says something along the lines of "We know how could an assasin you are Rosalie". Her relationship with
Jacob is so funny, The comments they make to each other have me rolling about. I honestly don't believe that she doesn't care about Bella and would be happy to let her die for Renesmee, I just think that her happiness at the chance to be a mother figure went to her head a bit.
She was certainly entitled in her revenge against Royce and his cronies. Loved how she slowly exacted her vengeance and their punishment - just desserts!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mikkib »

Is it though? I mean, yeah, he harmed her greatly but is that the right thing to do? Should Edward have killed that guy that went after Bella or turn him in like he did? Should they be vegetarians or just go around using Edward's ability and pick out horrible people and eat them? What infraction makes you eatable ( justly)? So who decides that a rapist is ok, but a shoplifter isn't? Should those guys not be allowed to do it again, definitely. Should she have enacted pure revenge? I am not sure I see that as being a good thing. Even a death sentence can be carried out without it being so dramatic and vengeful.
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

mikkib wrote:Is it though? I mean, yeah, he harmed her greatly but is that the right thing to do? Should Edward have killed that guy that went after Bella or turn him in like he did? Should they be vegetarians or just go around using Edward's ability and pick out horrible people and eat them? What infraction makes you eatable ( justly)? So who decides that a rapist is ok, but a shoplifter isn't? Should those guys not be allowed to do it again, definitely. Should she have enacted pure revenge? I am not sure I see that as being a good thing. Even a death sentence can be carried out without it being so dramatic and vengeful.
Ok. Honestly I think that Rosalie was justified in killing Royce and his friends. Was it necessarily the best choice? Probably not. Was it a good thing for her to do? No it wasn't. Did Edward have a right to decide whether those people he killed lived or died? No he didn't. But they both made their choices and now look at Edward. He isn't happy with what he did.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

mikkib wrote:Is it though? I mean, yeah, he harmed her greatly but is that the right thing to do? Should Edward have killed that guy that went after Bella or turn him in like he did? Should they be vegetarians or just go around using Edward's ability and pick out horrible people and eat them? What infraction makes you eatable ( justly)? So who decides that a rapist is ok, but a shoplifter isn't? Should those guys not be allowed to do it again, definitely. Should she have enacted pure revenge? I am not sure I see that as being a good thing. Even a death sentence can be carried out without it being so dramatic and vengeful.
Very good point and interesting question. I think that I would do the same thing Rosalie did if I were in her shoes. But, I don't know if it is the right thing to do. I think anyone can certainly understand Rosalie's actions. But, there is a difference between justice and vengeance. Rosalie acted based on vengeance. Yet, Royce's influence in the town made it unlikely that he and his friends would receive justice through the system. Personally, I don't know that cruel people like Royce deserve justice. I'm sure there are plenty who disagree with me. I would support the death penalty for rapists and murderers and I think Royce got what he deserved with a horrible death.

I think one of the reasons they are vegetarians is because they don't want to decide who lives and dies. Carlisle is very religious and likely believes it is not his place to administer justice. And, if they did think they were right to administer justice, how far would they take it? Would it become a responsibility, where they acted like Batman and felt like they HAD to save people from bad guys?
garnetpixie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by garnetpixie »

Not to intrupt any heated dicussions going..But I read a lot of vampire folrlore and fiction, and with said background I actually feel akward over the "vegeratian" vampire idea. I love the saga, but it is very different than most vampire fiction. I always thought of vampires as predators, and humans as food. As a human it is only naturel for us to feel bad for vampire victims, and the human part of a vampire can be seen as feeling comapssion for humans, considering that vamps use to be human. It's a conflicting idea, I know. I do feel that Rosalie had every right to seek revange, but I also feel like Edward has every right to drink the blood of humans he finds well suited to be drained. That's just my vampire-obsessed opinion.

And if any Rosalie fan is intrested, there is a Team Rose thread started. Similar to the EDC in set up. Check it out in The Twilight Zone.
EDC Bulldozer Operator
Privet Violet Rosario of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Pensatori Ghiacciati, Go blue!
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn...

J<3B