Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by JenJen2112 »

the other thing I said a LONG time ago is to do what they did with Prince Caspian...they took actors who were big in their countries, like Italy (there were some great Italian and Spanish actors) and gave them main roles. to Americans they were unknown, but in their own country they were like Brad Pitt (love him or hate him he's very popular). I think CW knows what he's doing and has the team behind him, and they'll do the right thing...just wait in a few months we'll have behind the scenes stuff and then we can stop worrying and start getting excited for the movie.
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

omg omg omg! Dakota Fanning has taken an interest in Jane! She wants to portray her in New Moon! Isn't that great? She says she's a huge fan. Don't know if you guys know about it yet, but here's the link.
http://perezhilton.com/2009-01-26-dakot ... moon-talks

But if she doesn't get it, then I want that girl who was on Close to Home. I don't know what episode it was because I just saw the add, but it was about a girl genius and she had blood stains on her shirt and they weren't sure if she was the one who killed the victims.
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

LoveEmmettCullen wrote:omg omg omg! Dakota Fanning has taken an interest in Jane! She wants to portray her in New Moon! Isn't that great? She says she's a huge fan. Don't know if you guys know about it yet, but here's the link.

But if she doesn't get it, then I want that girl who was on Close to Home. I don't know what episode it was because I just saw the add, but it was about a girl genius and she had blood stains on her shirt and they weren't sure if she was the one who killed the victims.
omg omg omg... we know, lol. :P
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

:[
Thanks for ruining my excitement :p
But seriously, getting an actress like Dakota Fanning who is mega famous would make New Moon even more popular! I can't wait for the casting!
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Lol. There are so many mixed reviews about Dakota. Some hate her. Some love her.

Personally, I would prefer an unknown because the Twilight series doesn't need any big name actors to draw in a crowd. It feels fresher without the top actors. But if they choose Dakota, I'm okay with it. I really feel like they could do a lot worse.

Although I'm really confused on something she says. She talks about how big a fan of the series she is, but she admitted in a previous interview that she JUST started reading the books. Maybe she was talking about the movie. I dunno. It just confuses me. D:
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Someone said that Summit can't afford people like Dakota and Johnny Depp. Yet, they could afford Dakota for Push.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

I think that re reason that they could afford her for push was because it had a big budget. Summit gives each film a certain amount and they increased it for new moon because of the success that twilight had. Although summit would not consider her if they didn't have the funding to pay her to play jane. With that said she is still not who I would choose for jane, but I will trust CW and Summit to make the right choice. We should know soon because filming starts in less than 2 months. :)
bunnykisses
Settled in Forks

Post by bunnykisses »

coffee09 wrote:hey i was just wondering if there still casting leah ???? im confused because everyone keeps saying she is than isnt.
If so does she look the part ??
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/ ... ure040.jpg
She's a fresh face and up coming actress she is Native American/ Italian 15yrs old my best friend i thought she would play one of the characters in the book very well (well thats just me lol)
so what do you Twilighterz think??? :D
I'm pretty sure leah is not in new moon. And they won't cast a 15 year old for the part. The girls who auditioned for the open call will also be considered for leah since they're filming it back to back.
bunnykisses
Settled in Forks

Post by bunnykisses »

Summit afforded both Angelina Jolie and brad pitt for mr and mrs smith...

Its not just summit paying for the funds. It depends on how much investors they get for a movie.
So it varies why they could afford big names in some movies.
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

LoveEmmettCullen wrote:
omg omg omg! Dakota Fanning has taken an interest in Jane! She wants to portray her in New Moon! Isn't that great? She says she's a huge fan. Don't know if you guys know about it yet, but here's the link.

OMG!!No!!!!that would be crap!!Lets get a new face in as Jane.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.