Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by twilightnewbie »

Alison wrote:I just got the movie companion the other day and read it ALL. There is a big no-no in the book I noticed, and the only reason I am posting this here is because it is a book ABOUT the movie. =)

Page 88 for those of you who own the book, is a photo of Edward and Bella entering school together, aka: the sunglasses scene. The caption reads "Edward greets Bella at school on a rare sunny day in Forks, WA." If Edward were out on a sunny day, he'd be sparkling, but what bothers me about this picture is it actually is sunny. In the movie, Edward was out in the sun, in front of all of the students, not glittering. Did anyone else pick up on this?
I'm not an expert on this, but doesn't Edward have to be in direct sunlight to sparkle? I see a bright day with clouds predominately overhead in the movie scene. Someone else pointed this out before so I looked for it when I saw the movie, you can clearly see its mostly cloudy.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

twilightnewbie wrote:
Alison wrote:I just got the movie companion the other day and read it ALL. There is a big no-no in the book I noticed, and the only reason I am posting this here is because it is a book ABOUT the movie. =)

Page 88 for those of you who own the book, is a photo of Edward and Bella entering school together, aka: the sunglasses scene. The caption reads "Edward greets Bella at school on a rare sunny day in Forks, WA." If Edward were out on a sunny day, he'd be sparkling, but what bothers me about this picture is it actually is sunny. In the movie, Edward was out in the sun, in front of all of the students, not glittering. Did anyone else pick up on this?
I'm not an expert on this, but doesn't Edward have to be in direct sunlight to sparkle? I see a bright day with clouds predominately overhead in the movie scene. Someone else pointed this out before so I looked for it when I saw the movie, you can clearly see its mostly cloudy.
Yes, I agree. When he actually does sparkle, it's in direct sunlight, you even see the rays.
I think it was not as overcast as before, not really sunny. I think he worded it wrong.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

So I know people have mentioned about the owl wings in biology class - but, rather than "angel wings" my first thought was that it was to make him look like a predator stalking his prey... just me?

Throughout, I just love how Alice always glances subtly out the corner of her eye because she knows Bella's about to look over - especially when she first arrives, since Alice has been expecting her - great touch!
Last edited by Lorabell on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

So I know people have mentioned about the owl wings in biology class - but, rather than "angel wings" my first thought was that it was to make him look like a predator stalking his prey... just me?

Throughout, I just love how Alice always glances subtly out the corner of her eye because she knows Bella's about to look over - especially when she first arrives, since Alice has been expecting her - great touch!

P.s. Sorry about the double post - where's the delete button?!
Lorabell

~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

ok, so the inside jokes/hilarous moments that are only in the movie:

- obviously, the whole apple-in-Edward's-hands-that-coincidently-resembles-the-cover-art-for-the-book thing
- that little stare-off between Billy and Edward - LOL!
- Edward reading everyone in the restaurant's minds to Bella "money...sex.....money....sex...cat..."
- Jasper constantly looking like he has a wedgie, and he has no other option but to tough it out
- the little 'angel wings' thing with the owl - LOL!
- the expression on Edward's face in the biology room when he first gets a whiff of Bella's blood
- the expression on Edward's face when he sucks the venom out of Bella's arm
- Emmett waving the knife around in the kitchen
- when Bella and Edward are walking together at school:
Bella: Everyone is staring at us.
Edward: Not everyone. That guy isn't... never mind, he just looked.
:lol:
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I think that Jasper looked like he was in pain because if you read Midnight Sun, you'd know that Jasper was in the cafeteria and a smell blew in and he almost went frantic and that was why he looked like he was in pain. Because the air vent was on or something.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

twi-nerd wrote:I think that Jasper looked like he was in pain because if you read Midnight Sun, you'd know that Jasper was in the cafeteria and a smell blew in and he almost went frantic and that was why he looked like he was in pain. Because the air vent was on or something.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
No, you're absolutely right. But at first, I totally got the idea that he looked like he was in pain because it was so overwhelming to know everyone's emotions. But that's just me, I always tend to do the opposite of everyone else, haha.

*Wanderer*
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

*Wanderer* wrote:
twi-nerd wrote:I think that Jasper looked like he was in pain because if you read Midnight Sun, you'd know that Jasper was in the cafeteria and a smell blew in and he almost went frantic and that was why he looked like he was in pain. Because the air vent was on or something.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
No, you're absolutely right. But at first, I totally got the idea that he looked like he was in pain because it was so overwhelming to know everyone's emotions. But that's just me, I always tend to do the opposite of everyone else, haha.

*Wanderer*
I assumed it was some combination of the two, lol - as in, he can smell everyone but also is aware that everyone else in the cafeteria is "feeling hungry" (although that's not technically an "emotion"...) and together that would be pretty painful!
Lorabell

xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

*Wanderer* wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong.

*Wanderer*
Haha, that was my first thought, too. But the second time I saw it, I got it. :lol:
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Can somebody explain the "angel wings" on the owl thing to me? I don't think I quite get that.

Another thing, in the cafeteria you see the cullens nibbling on food. Like Rosalie and the infamous carrot. Doesn't even make a face or anything! I know they're trying to fit in...but still. Lol
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.