Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
tiamaria02
Settled in Forks

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by tiamaria02 »

If Stephenie considered doing a movie for Breaking Dawn, I highly doubt she would want 2 movies for one book.

Two movies for one book would be over done and dull. I wouldn't even waste my time watching it because I'd be bored. Also on the topic of money issues and production, it wouldn't make sense to drag it out.
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

Didn't the trailers appear ??

I think BD just one movie is much better .... They can use the main parts and add some supporting parts ... It must be really really interesting ...
firebrand
Wandering Through Town

Post by firebrand »

Breaking Dawn should include:
Getting ready for the wedding.
Bella being worried about Jacob.
Edward going to the "bachelor party" (only the scene in Bella's bedroom)
Wedding.
Jacob showing up and almost fighting.
Isle Esme (the first night, the morning after, the headboard chunk missing, the scene when bella figures it out, Bella calling Rosalie, the scene when they leave)
Jacob showing up at the Cullens.
Pregnancy (the arrival home with Rose as a guard, the getting sicker, Seth's obvious friendship with the Cullens, the drinking blood)
Jacob leaving the pack then Seth and Leah joining him.
The "truce" meeting in the woods, with corresponding Seth being dropped on his head convo
Bella giving birth and her heart stopping
Jacob imprinting.
Bella opening her eyes and seeing everything for the first time, including her family watching her, seeing how controlled she is, seeing herself for the first time.
Jumping out the window and over the river to go hunting. The whole hunt scene, including breaking off from hunting the humans. Asking about Renesmee.
Jacob being there when they get back. Holding Renesmee for the first time. Attacking Jacob for imprinting and nicknaming her Nessie.
The cottage.
Jacob telling Charlie. Not killing Charlie and the following relationship.
Everyone being worried about Renesmee growing so fast. Bella planning the trip to Italy and fighting with Edward about it. Planning for everyone going to Rio.
Seeing Irina when hunting. Alice's vision of the Volturi. Alice and Jasper leaving
Showing the witnesses arriving. Bella visiting J. Jenks and getting the papers. Bella learning how to fight and about having a power and how to control it.
The Volturi during the battle and after
Everyone celebrating and the Cullens reuniting with Alice and Jasper.
Edward and Bella going into their perfect piece of forever.

Okay, so I think it could be done in 1 movie, about 2.5 hours long. Taking H.T.E's post I have gone through and and deleted anything that could be eliminated. I also modified or clarified some of the scenes. There are alot of things that don't need to be there or can be explained in flashes. Also, I'm not sure just how many of you guys have ever actually seen a script or a play... 10 pages of dialogue means 3 minutes of movie... The book's long literally but if it were acted out word for word it's not nearly as daunting. The imprinting can be done in flashes. Bella's turning can totally be done in flashes... voices, asides, distorted pictures. Bella's first minutes as a vamp can be done in flashes (since she'll be so overwhelmed anyways). Jacob leaving his pack can be done as a story he tells Bella and the Cullens after it happens. The story would take like 3 minutes of film time. Scenes of it would take about 15 minutes. We don't need a full description of the cottage since we'll be able to see it. It's a ten page section of the book because it needs to be descriptive since we can't see it (follow me?) Basically anything can be shortened. Give me a week and I could probably write a screen play for BD and it would be less than 3 hours... Just saying.
teamedwardfaneclipse wrote:I heard they aren't going to make a breaking dawn movie because Steph has too many "young readers" . :cry:
And i got it from a person who's got insight .
Sorry to get your hopes down. I wish they would, though!!!! Maybe i'm wrong? Hopefully(and as long as it's better than the Twilight movie, ugh!)!!!
I loved the soundtrack, though. DECODE!!!
Ummm, by the time BD is being made, all of the "tweens" who've read the books and scream in the theatres (ugh) will be 18, 19, 20 etc. Hell, I'm 30, so I'll likely be married and perhaps even have kids (who I intend to read the Twilight series to, while they are in the womb) and thus, no worries about the audience being too young. And there really isn't all that much in the Twilight series that is too graphic for anyone... it's quite tame really. I mean, who hasn't seen: The Dark Knight, Lord Of The Rings, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian... Each of these have parts which I would consider graphic (yes, even Caspian) yet, thousands of kids (KIDS) have seen them.

Seriously, I just saw "My Bloody Valentine" last weekend and there were a dozen 10 year olds with their moms (it's rated 18A here in Canada) BD should be fine... even if Christopher Nolan directed it.. damn, that would be sweet.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

tiamaria02 wrote:If Stephenie considered doing a movie for Breaking Dawn, I highly doubt she would want 2 movies for one book.

Two movies for one book would be over done and dull. I wouldn't even waste my time watching it because I'd be bored. Also on the topic of money issues and production, it wouldn't make sense to drag it out.
This is from SM's website under her BD FAQ's:
I've heard you say that you think Breaking Dawn should be two movies. Why? Also, that it might be impossible to film. What does that mean?

If Breaking Dawn were ever made into a movie, it's hard to imagine it fitting into ninety minutes. The book is just so long! I can't imagine how to distill it—if I could, the book would be shorter. But maybe a screenwriter can see a way to do it and still cover the crucial plot points.

When I said that Breaking Dawn might be impossible to film, it's because of Renesmee. You can do almost anything with CGI these days—realistic dragons and dinosaurs and endless amounts of nonexistent creatures that blend right in with the real elements. Some of them look so real you forget they're not. However, the one thing that I've never seen is a CGI human being who truly looks real. An actress can't play Renesmee, at least not when she's a few days old; she's the size of a baby, but her expressions are totally controlled and aware. She would have to be a construct, and CGI isn't quite there yet. Of course, they develop amazing new technologies everyday, and we've got a little time left.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

it will be awasome if their is a breaking dawn movie :)
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

I think they could still make it even with Renesmee.
lol Just find like 3 little girls who look really close and make them all be Renesmee. Or you can pretty much do anything with effects these days.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

It'll be weird to have a computer make a cute little girl when they're so used to making scary people like Gollum(sp?) from Lord of the Rings.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Oy, I've typed this message like three times now but my laptop keeps eating it. So, here I go again...

I don't think BD needs to be more than one movie. There is a lot of the book that isn't necessary to be shown. I mean BD is a big book, but it's filled with lots of description. There really is only a handful of things that actually happened and need to be shown.

Bella and Edward getting married.
Bella and Edward have sex, she discovers she's pregnant and turns to Rosalie for help.
Jake leaves the pack and forms his own with Seth and Leah.
Bella giving birth and being turned into a vampire.
Jake imprinting on Renesmee, her rapid growth.
The gathering of the vamps for the invading Volturi and the "battle" that follows.

The rest could easily be summed up in a few scenes. Bella's first hunt with Edward, the discovery of Nahuel (which is pretty much covered in the battle), Alice's trouble with getting visions. All these things can be explained quickly and don't necessarily require an extra two hour movie to explain. As for the different POVs in BD, doesn't really matter. In Twilight we had all the background stuff going on that further moved the plot along, so it's not so hard to transfer different perspectives from scene to scene.

As for the sex ... I think it should be somewhat shown (tastefully). I mean the kiss in Twilight was pretty racy, and that still got a PG-13 rating. I'm sure it's not hard to push the boundaries of what is exceptable PG-13 and whatever isn't can go into bonus scenes (or extended scenes) on the DVD.

The FX ... I think they'll be done well for BD and even NM and Eclipse. Twilight was relatively unknown and probably didn't have the greatest budget. Well, now they have legions of fans and the movie company will probably give them more money therein creating better effects. Which then begs the question can they do Renesmee properly? I think they are going to have to use a smaller child and CGI things in. Having Renesmee created like Golum for LotR isn't going to work. But creating effects on a real live child is better. Just get a smaller than average child who is older than they appear (much the way it goes with most actors) and do it that way. I think it can be done.

But like I said ... they only need one movie.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Sleepwalker
Settled in Forks

Post by Sleepwalker »

If Breaking Dawn was ever a movie..... please cut down all the boring parts from the book. That book was so unnecessarily long. The vampire fight needs to be rewritten. IMO, the whole volturi v. cullens was never truly resolved. I hope that the movie script make the whole vampire fight scene badass. I do not want the volturi running away like little pansies. :cry:
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

I hope they make BD into a movie (or two, I'd be cool with that!). I think that although many things will be diffucult to do (Reneesme) they can still be done, and hopefully by the time they get to BD they will have a lot more $ to work with based on the success of the other 3 movies. How can they not be a success? I'm just really hoping at this point that Eclipse gets the definitive green light since thats yet to happen right?
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn