Gex X--the 30 something thread

childofthe80s
Settled in Forks

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by childofthe80s »

sry.
Last edited by childofthe80s on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

36 year old here. Born in 72..went through all of the great 80s (Ugh the hair) and the crazy 90s. Married my wife in 97. We were highschool sweethearts, met in 90. She went away for college but we made it through the long distance thing and have been together all this time. We have 3 awesome boys. 10, 7, and 3. We were sceduled to have twins a few months back but, the day before she was to go in and have a c-section, she lost them. Would have been another boy and our first girl. We made it through that as well and we are working on our next one. last chance heer though. 4 is enough, I don't care what the tv series says. :) I am madly in love with her. She is my Bella, my Catherine (Beauty & the Beast), and my Willow (Buffy the Vanpire Slayer). She is everything to me and my kids are just the iciing on the cake.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Gen X thread!

BreakingTwilight, I'm so sorry for your and your wife's loss. I can't even imagine the pain. Actually, I can, but my situation wasn't as dreadful.

Child of the 80's, no double posting. A mod most likely will ask you to edit one of your posts and combine them. No biggies. I think most of us have double posted when we were new. :lol: Oops.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
lilac-and-lavender
Wandering Through Town

Post by lilac-and-lavender »

Nice to meet you breakingtwilight and sympathy for your difficulties. I am impressed you and your wife have made it through.
Marriage is not my strong point. Been married twice, to the same guy :? We are working on it though.
Glad to see a BTVS fan. Willow rocks, I used to have a ton of Buffy stuff :geek: , but got rid of most of it last year when we moved twice :cry:

Loved 80's music, still love actually and TV. Have you heard they are making an A-team movie? I had a crush on the guy that played 'face'.
Thank you Fry-You da'bomb
eeny meeny miny moe
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

lilac-and-lavender wrote:Nice to meet you breakingtwilight and sympathy for your difficulties. I am impressed you and your wife have made it through.
Marriage is not my strong point. Been married twice, to the same guy :? We are working on it though.
Glad to see a BTVS fan. Willow rocks, I used to have a ton of Buffy stuff :geek: , but got rid of most of it last year when we moved twice :cry:

Loved 80's music, still love actually and TV. Have you heard they are making an A-team movie? I had a crush on the guy that played 'face'.
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words Goodnight Elizabeth.

Thank you as well lilac-n-lavender. It was tough but, we figured, with so many people out there aching to have children and yet, unable to do so. Who are we to let this uproot our lives when we have 3 beautiful kids already. It still hurt and it probably always will but, we are together and we are strong in that.

Marriage is TOUGH. Many times I thought we may have hit our breaking point but, we somehow make it through and keep on keepin' on.

YES!!! I am a HUGE fan of Buffy. Bought all the seasons on DVD as well as Angel. Hated when the show ended but, picked up season 8 in comic form. Not a huge huge fan of it though, I do enjoy it. And yes...Willow was my all time fave character. Remember, 36 year old man here so feel free to giggle when I tell you this but, I actually cried when Tara died. Yes...tears and all. When her mom passed...yeah...cried. Anyhow...it is nice meeting you both and I look forward to talking to you again.

oops...No..I had not heard of an A-Team movie. Are they going to make it a serious movie or is it going to be more comedic? I loved that show. "I love it when a plan comes together." hahaha.
lilac-and-lavender
Wandering Through Town

Near as I can tell the A-team movie is going to be more like an action movie, more violence ect. ect. You can look it up on IMdB, no official cast yet.

I too bawled when Tara died. And when Joyce died. I also cried when Riley left in the helicopter. I used to have most of the seasons on DVD, but again lost them in the 2 moves. A lot of stuff we got rid of, but some just dissapeared. I gave away my Collector Action figure sets from the first season. What was I thinking?
Have you seen Firefly? The short-lived series or the movie? Another great Joss Whedon project.

So I just watched the movie Jumper with my older 2 boys and it was a kindof cool movie. But I had read the book several months ago and they are very, different. I really enjoyed the book, but I think I would have liked the movie better if it wasn't so different from the book or if I hadn't read the book. It did have pretty awesome special effects.

Anyone else seen or read it? Or any other movie re-makes that you loved or hated?
eeny meeny miny moe
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Welcome BreakingTwilight and Child of the 80's.

Breaking Twilight, 1972 was a great year! (I was born that year too :) ) I can't imagine the difficulties your family has faced. I am so glad that you and your wife have been able to keep a good perspective on life and family and especially your love for each other. I love the way you describe her in your post...I assume you tell her those things as well!

GNE started an I love the 70's post a few back. I will try and do a few although most I probably remember more from the 80's reruns and such.

Favorite movie: Star Wars
music: ABBA, Voulez-/vous and we had a greatest hits of some sort
Tv show: Mr. Rogers Neighborhood (we lived in Belgium when I was older than 4 and didn't watch much tv)
Toy: Sit and Spin (not really), I don't know...play farm that went "MOO" when you opened the barn door (is it playskool?)
Clothes: Pioneer looking dress that went to the floor with ruffles around the edge and my sister had a matching one in another color. I always wanted to be like my older sister.
Best Friend: Vanessa Orsz
First Crush: Jason M (I was only 7)
Book: Ramona the Pest

Lilac-I have not read or seen Jumper. Although I have heard several people mention that they were disappointed in the movie. I read Girl with a Pearl Earring and absolutely loved it. The movie was ok. However, for me it didn't capture some of the most important aspects of the book. That was just my feeling about it.
Last edited by bac on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
lilac-and-lavender
Wandering Through Town

bac wrote: GNE started an I love the 70's post a few back. I will try and do a few although most I probably remember more from the 80's reruns and such.
So first I have to say, I was born in '73 and wasn't really allowed to watch tv or movies or hear music until I was about 10, but I will do my best.

favorite movie The only one I remember seeing in a theater in my childhood was Indiana Jones so I'll go with that for my favorite.
music I don't remember hearing any except church hymns. Although I did like "Onward Christian Soldiers that was sometimes on "Little House on the Prarie"
TV show The above "LH on the P" 3-2-1 contact was awesome also Mr. Rogers Neighborhood (we had an autographed photo in our kitchen, kid you not)
toy We had those metal squares that you could make hot pads with.
Clothes Brown Clogs
Best friend Malena N.
First Crush Shawn J. But that probably wasn't until about '85
Book My Mom had an old french picture book that she would teach me words out of.
eeny meeny miny moe
CullenWannaB
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenWannaB »

I am going to be 32 this year. I love that there are so many other women into this book.
Yes I want a "Cold One" and I am not talking about a drink.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I am feeling like the biggest freak because I remember all those things. The fashions and trends may have been heinous, but for me it was the best time to grow up. The 70's were awesome. I feel sorry for kids today. They are being rushed to grow up, and thanks to all the hormones in foods, they really are growing up. What's with the hurry to grow up so fast? Sure, when I was a teen I wanted to be older, but my parents told me to enjoy being a kid. I did.

My niece is nearly 12 and she has the body of a developed 16 yo. She acts mature; she reads Circue du Freak. She wants to read Twilight. I don't know if I'm ready to tell her she can. She trusts me. If I tell her she's too young, she listens. She's had boyfriends for many years. Her 10th birthday party could rival most Sweet Sixteen parties. I know they just want their daughter to be happy, popular, and well-liked, and I don't know if I'd do much differently.

Kids now have cellphones so they can call home or text parents or what have you. They don't have to go home to check in. Is that a good thing? Maybe it was a good thing that my mom made me come home every 3-4 hours and check in with her. Every day during the summer...until I was 16...I had lunch with my mom or my grandma, so they'd know where I was. I really had to check in every 3-4 hours, and since there were no cellphones...I usually had to ride my scooter back home and check in. My parents usually had a pretty good idea of what I was up to. LOL

I'm in a talkative mood tonight. Someone shut me up!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!