Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

GAH! I can't for the DVD!!!

JazzGirl, the scene in the garage just seems to capture the intensity of not only Edward and Bella's relationship, but the relationship of the Cullen family as a whole. Excellent description!

Older Twilight Fan, yes, I believe that Edward is warning Alice to not tell Bella she sees her becoming one of them.
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

older_twilight_fan wrote:I love the intensity of this scene as well, and your description of it is just spot on, Jazz Girl. I do have one question about the scene that I meant to ask a Twilight-obsessed friend after we saw the movie together, and then I forgot. I think it's at this point in the movie that Edward says something to Alice about not wanting to hear her thoughts, or something along those lines. (Sorry, I haven't seen the movie in over a month and my specific recollection of the words are a little vague.) Is Edward referring to not wanting to see Alice's vision of future Bella as a vampire, or something else entirely?

Thanks for any help clearing this up for me!
Older_Twilight_Fan, you have the way of it. When Alice says she and Jasper will run Bella south, Edward responds, "Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Alice answers, "Of course" (Sorry, you really don't want to know how many times I have seen the movie, and yes, I went yesterday to a theater by me that was running a "snow day special" :D ) Anyway, yes, he is talking about Alice keeping any and all information about the transformation and Bella becoming a vampire to herself, particularly those involving what Alice has already seen happening.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Older_Twilight_Fan, you have the way of it. When Alice says she and Jasper will run Bella south, Edward responds, "Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Alice answers, "Of course" (Sorry, you really don't want to know how many times I have seen the movie, and yes, I went yesterday to a theater by me that was running a "snow day special" :D ) Anyway, yes, he is talking about Alice keeping any and all information about the transformation and Bella becoming a vampire to herself, particularly those involving what Alice has already seen happening.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, Jazz Girl. I assumed Edward was referring to Alice's visions of Bella as a vampire in that particular scene, but any references to Alice's visions were almost overlooked in the movie versus the book.

Actually I love hearing how many times others have seen Twilight. It makes me feel so much more normal in my obsession! I managed to see Twilight three times in the theatre (only two times that my family knew of...since they already think I'm crazy...lol). I'm so jealous that your theatre ran a "snow day special"...That's hilarious! I had hoped to manage one final viewing of the movie at the theatre, but unfortunately it's no longer showing at theatres closest to home and the 7:00 p.m. showtimes aren't really conducive to sneaking off to see it one last time while the kids are at school. I've resigned myself to waiting two more months for the DVD and I plan on spending my first entire day off work planted in front of my T.V., after the DVD release.
Banner by TammyAZ
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

twilightnewbie wrote: That's what I thought the first time I looked closely, but no, after Edward opens his mouth like he is struggling to say something, and right before Bella is whisked away he mouths "I love you" really fast.
hmm.. you may be right. its hard to tell with the online version, i'll have to see it properly to tell for sure..
flow_3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by flow_3 »

I could not stop talking about the movie the whole day and night... :D

My sister was tired of me and she was like: "it's only a movie chill out"
I was like "ONLY A MOVIE???" :lol:
twilightsagaaddict

older_twilight_fan wrote:Older_Twilight_Fan, you have the way of it. When Alice says she and Jasper will run Bella south, Edward responds, "Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Alice answers, "Of course" (Sorry, you really don't want to know how many times I have seen the movie, and yes, I went yesterday to a theater by me that was running a "snow day special" :D ) Anyway, yes, he is talking about Alice keeping any and all information about the transformation and Bella becoming a vampire to herself, particularly those involving what Alice has already seen happening.
Thanks for the clarification, Jazz Girl. I assumed Edward was referring to Alice's visions of Bella as a vampire in that particular scene, but any references to Alice's visions were almost overlooked in the movie versus the book.

Actually I love hearing how many times others have seen Twilight. It makes me feel so much more normal in my obsession! I managed to see Twilight three times in the theatre (only two times that my family knew of...since they already think I'm crazy...lol). I'm so jealous that your theatre ran a "snow day special"...That's hilarious! I had hoped to manage one final viewing of the movie at the theatre, but unfortunately it's no longer showing at theatres closest to home and the 7:00 p.m. showtimes aren't really conducive to sneaking off to see it one last time while the kids are at school. I've resigned myself to waiting two more months for the DVD and I plan on spending my first entire day off work planted in front of my T.V., after the DVD release.[/quote]

I didn't even think of going to see the movie while the kids were in school!!! :o Its not playing close by anymore-how far is too far to drive to see the movie again? :lol: I'm with you older twilight fan-I'll be waiting for the DVD release, and watch it over and over and over! My friend and I are planning on going to one of the midnight release parties, but we are bringing our 11 y.o. daughters as our "covers" :lol: :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

older_twilight_fan wrote:Actually I love hearing how many times others have seen Twilight. It makes me feel so much more normal in my obsession! I managed to see Twilight three times in the theatre (only two times that my family knew of...since they already think I'm crazy...lol). I'm so jealous that your theatre ran a "snow day special"...That's hilarious! I had hoped to manage one final viewing of the movie at the theatre, but unfortunately it's no longer showing at theatres closest to home and the 7:00 p.m. showtimes aren't really conducive to sneaking off to see it one last time while the kids are at school. I've resigned myself to waiting two more months for the DVD and I plan on spending my first entire day off work planted in front of my T.V., after the DVD release.
Believe you me, Older_Twilight_Fan, if anyone will make you feel normal about your obsession, it would probably be me. I have actually skipped out of work to catch a matinee and still be home around my normal time, lest my husband suspect where I really was! Granted, he has now seen the film with me 5 times, and is as fascinated by it as I am. But, I really think he'd probably figure 20 should have been enough! :lol:
twilightsagaaddict wrote:I didn't even think of going to see the movie while the kids were in school!!! :o Its not playing close by anymore-how far is too far to drive to see the movie again? :lol: I'm with you older twilight fan-I'll be waiting for the DVD release, and watch it over and over and over! My friend and I are planning on going to one of the midnight release parties, but we are bringing our 11 y.o. daughters as our "covers" :lol: :lol:
TwilightSagaAddict, I have been expanding my search parameters each week to find theaters where it is playing. I was absolutely depressed that it has finally left the theater close to my home, and also conveniently located right between home and work, were I to have the chance to have a free couple of hours to indulge my obsession! ;) I can say I am actually traveling around 30 miles this evening to see it with a friend who absolutely refused for months to see it with me. I finally got her to finish the book and now she is desperate to go and see it before it is completely out of theaters. I tried to tell her!! :lol: I, too, am seriously considering a midnight release party. Thank gods Borders is hosting them, too. I think I would hit my limit with screaming fan girls at Hot Topics. Though, ironically enough, I am trying to figure out how not to take my kids with me. My 11 yo son, while a TwiGuy himself, just thinks my level of devotion is lame. :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Mrs. Ashlie Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Ashlie Cullen »

my reaction was OMG now i really want to read the books and it took me 4 days to read each book and after that thas all i've talked about i've seen the movie 5 times and my mom and step dad don't understand why thats all i talk about. i can go to school and 2 of my friends out of the group i hang out with have read the books and my friend libby is on eclipse and me and my friend val have finished all 4 books and are now waiting for stepenie to finish and come out with the 5 book. im the only one who likes edward. libby and val like jacob. libby also likes japer and me and val like emmett and we always fight over about who gets who. but i'll be on the phone with libby and we'll start talking about random parts about twilight and when we watch the movie we pick out the radomest things to talk about and my parents dont understand why thats allk we talk about and i try to tell them that its awsome and you really wouldnt understand unless you read the books to get the full detail on them but they just dont listen to me and now if my mom grounds me she grounds my from my twilight books!!! can you guys give me any advise about wat to tell them why people like twilight so much??? :?:
Emmett: Excellent plan my brother!
Rosalie: No.
Bella: Absolutely not!
Jasper: Nice
Alice: Idiots.

Emmett: "Fall down again Bella?"
Bella: "No Emmett I punched a warewolf in the face!"

twilightsagaaddict

Jazz Girl wrote:
older_twilight_fan wrote:Actually I love hearing how many times others have seen Twilight. It makes me feel so much more normal in my obsession! I managed to see Twilight three times in the theatre (only two times that my family knew of...since they already think I'm crazy...lol). I'm so jealous that your theatre ran a "snow day special"...That's hilarious! I had hoped to manage one final viewing of the movie at the theatre, but unfortunately it's no longer showing at theatres closest to home and the 7:00 p.m. showtimes aren't really conducive to sneaking off to see it one last time while the kids are at school. I've resigned myself to waiting two more months for the DVD and I plan on spending my first entire day off work planted in front of my T.V., after the DVD release.
Believe you me, Older_Twilight_Fan, if anyone will make you feel normal about your obsession, it would probably be me. I have actually skipped out of work to catch a matinee and still be home around my normal time, lest my husband suspect where I really was! Granted, he has now seen the film with me 5 times, and is as fascinated by it as I am. But, I really think he'd probably figure 20 should have been enough! :lol:
twilightsagaaddict wrote:I didn't even think of going to see the movie while the kids were in school!!! :o Its not playing close by anymore-how far is too far to drive to see the movie again? :lol: I'm with you older twilight fan-I'll be waiting for the DVD release, and watch it over and over and over! My friend and I are planning on going to one of the midnight release parties, but we are bringing our 11 y.o. daughters as our "covers" :lol: :lol:
TwilightSagaAddict, I have been expanding my search parameters each week to find theaters where it is playing. I was absolutely depressed that it has finally left the theater close to my home, and also conveniently located right between home and work, were I to have the chance to have a free couple of hours to indulge my obsession! ;) I can say I am actually traveling around 30 miles this evening to see it with a friend who absolutely refused for months to see it with me. I finally got her to finish the book and now she is desperate to go and see it before it is completely out of theaters. I tried to tell her!! :lol: I, too, am seriously considering a midnight release party. Thank gods Borders is hosting them, too. I think I would hit my limit with screaming fan girls at Hot Topics. Though, ironically enough, I am trying to figure out how not to take my kids with me. My 11 yo son, while a TwiGuy himself, just thinks my level of devotion is lame. :lol:
Ok, so I found a theater that is still showing TW-only 25 mins away! LOL!! We are planning on going again this week. Hopefully it will be there for a few more weeks- I finally got my 1 anti-TW to start reading it while she's on vacation. I will be more than happy to take one for the team and accompany her to the movie and watch it yet again!! :lol: :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
isaella swan
Settled in Forks

Post by isaella swan »

well, so i finally went to the movies and allowed hollywood to destroy my imagination ;) and...i don't regret it, on the contrary, would have been a huge mistake not to go! of course, the movie won't ever be as good as the book, but i loved it, it's just bella&edward on big screen! so thanks to all in this forum who recommended me to go!
i will always keep my vision of the story, but i really enjoyed seeing them come to live!
perfection, eternity and true <3
TEAM EDWARD knight in shining volvo