Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzledbyedward
Settled in Forks

Re: The Soundtrack

Post by dazzledbyedward »

I'd prefer a variation of songs, please not ALL muse and blue october...
Sometimes I get the feeling that if you don't have the same taste in music as the author, you may be screwed. :/
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

oh, i'm sure they will use a wide range of songs. i don't think SM has all that much control over which songs get picked. I think they just got one or two Muse songs for the movie since they were so instrumental (pun intended) in helping her write the series.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
ShinyVolvoDriver
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShinyVolvoDriver »

There's this beautiful song called 'Stay with Me' that's used as the backing music to one of the best fan-made trailers for New Moon that I've ever seen... I don't know who it's by, but I absolutely ADORE that song. It's completely right for Twilight :)
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

This is kind of a bizzare thought/song for the beginning of Edward and Bella's relationship, but I think it works.

"Duet" by Inara George

(Take a listen at her MySpace. Just click on "Duet". ;))

Some lyrics:
A lot can happen in a little
Your eyes get darker in the middle
Keep an arm’s distant, arms

Wasting looks up at the ceiling
Wanting something that I’m giving
Keep an arm’s distant, arms

Now I am a man
A grain of sand
I beg your time
I really want it
I can break my heart
Before we start
Before we even start

The song is somewhat upbeat, and very 1920s-30s. I think it's something that Edward might listen to, and the juxtaposition of the happy music with the melancholy lyrics is really descriptive of the way Ed feels at the beginning ... if you've read the leaked chapters of Midnight Sun, then you definitely know what I mean.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
random_mad_fan
Settled in Forks
Location: Pondering the luna eclypse and wondering what new direction with come with the breaking of the dawn.

Post by random_mad_fan »

Muse Linkin park obviously but i'll be daring and of for nightwish or xandria Vampire (which really should be Victoria's theam!) you see where i'm going? the little known bands that KICK Why are we talking about a donkey? (an Why are we talking about a donkey? is a male donky when spelt that was so ha ha, i win :mrgreen: )
"No matter how long it takes," i wispered to his charred remains, "no mater how long I stay on this side of life, no matter how many decades pass between us, NIkos you will always own my fiery heart. "
Seeker
Settled in Forks

Post by Seeker »

Long ago when I first read Twilight, I composed a song based on Bella's feelings.
I think it could work and be a part of the twilight soundtrack. The idea was to go to a recording studion but they haven't reached us back, thus we did it the most basic way so that people could hear and hopefully like it and support it!
Please rate it and give your opinion! afterall the most powerful thing is driving power of the fans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbBMXUPy2bI
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

Thought of another one. This one for Jacob. I think it works but I could be compeltely off.

Soon As My Heart Breaks by Taylor Dayne

Soon as my heart breaks
Soon as my mind starts telling me
That I've had enough
That I've given all I've got to you
With nothing in return

Soon as my heart breaks
Soon as my soul stops aching for you
Then I'll be alright
Maybe I can sleep the night
Knowing that I'm free again

But how can I walk on knowing you're the only one I need
Can't you see me

Soon as my heart breaks
Soon as I hide the tears I cry
That you'll will never know
Holding back the side of me
That longs to leave but can't let go

And how can I move on knowing your love is the one I need
Can't you see m

Cause if my heart breaks
I'll have to find the strength
To say the words goodbye
Soon as my heart breaks
Sharenei
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sharenei »

Oh, wow.

This is where my eclectic tastes come in, and I apologize if many of these seem to come out of left field. Keep in mind that the whole song is not required--even in clips, these songs are what make me think of Bella and Edward--and everyone in the Twilight crew.

Track List

Evanesence - Before the Dawn
Burnmik - The Boston Post
Alison Kraus & Union Station - Moments Like This (used in another soundtrack, I know, I know.--Twister)
Alison Kraus & Union Station - When You Say Nothing At All
K's Choice - Everything For Free
Eve6 - Here's to the Night
Metallica - Turn the Page
Disturbed - Pain Redefined
Admiral Twin - One Solitary Life
Admiral Twin - Number 1 Fan
Funker Vogt - Narayana
The Police - Don't Stand (So Close To Me)
Republix - Ready to Go
Bliss - Not Quite Paradise (again, used in another soundtrack, I know, I know.--Titan A.E. It plays over the end credits, for those curious.)

That about exhausts my list, at the moment. I'm sure something else will come up. Thought about adding "Malina - Da ili Ne", but my Bulgarian isn't quite strong enough to finish making connections yet.
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

Sharenei wrote:Oh, wow.

This is where my eclectic tastes come in, and I apologize if many of these seem to come out of left field. Keep in mind that the whole song is not required--even in clips, these songs are what make me think of Bella and Edward--and everyone in the Twilight crew.

Track List

Evanesence - Before the Dawn
Burnmik - The Boston Post
Alison Kraus & Union Station - Moments Like This (used in another soundtrack, I know, I know.--Twister)
Alison Kraus & Union Station - When You Say Nothing At All
K's Choice - Everything For Free
Eve6 - Here's to the Night
Metallica - Turn the Page
Disturbed - Pain Redefined
Admiral Twin - One Solitary Life
Admiral Twin - Number 1 Fan
Funker Vogt - Narayana
The Police - Don't Stand (So Close To Me)
Republix - Ready to Go
Bliss - Not Quite Paradise (again, used in another soundtrack, I know, I know.--Titan A.E. It plays over the end credits, for those curious.)

That about exhausts my list, at the moment. I'm sure something else will come up. Thought about adding "Malina - Da ili Ne", but my Bulgarian isn't quite strong enough to finish making connections yet.
Wow indeed. Some of these, not many but, some, I have heard but, the rest I have no clue. I appreciate you putting this out here. I am always looking for new music and alot of these titles tickle my curiosity. I will be looking them up pronto!!!! Thank again for sharing!!
yomahmaful
Settled in Forks

Post by yomahmaful »

random_mad_fan wrote:Muse Linkin park obviously but i'll be daring and of for nightwish or xandria Vampire (which really should be Victoria's theam!) you see where i'm going? the little known bands that KICK Why are we talking about a donkey? (an Why are we talking about a donkey? is a male donky when spelt that was so ha ha, i win :mrgreen: )
I am on the save wavelength as you. I wouldn't mind some Dreamside or Carfax Abbey for fight scenes! But I'm dreaming. I really hope they release 2 soundtracks. A separate score by Carter Burwell and then the popular songs in another cd.