Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by SenorGimp »

Alice is certainly very insightful, you might even call her sagely, so I would trust in any decision she made, but I agree, a decision so personal that will so strongly and permanently effect Bella's future should not be made with the help of any sort of preternatural sight...
Might just be me though...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:Alice is certainly very insightful, you might even call her sagely, so I would trust in any decision she made, but I agree, a decision so personal that will so strongly and permanently effect Bella's future should not be made with the help of any sort of preternatural sight...
Might just be me though...
Clearly, SenorGimp, it isn't just you. I am in complete agreement. Lunna-San raises an excellent point, in as far as Bella using Alice's answer about what she might see as justification...or proof of her decision. We know from BD in particular that Bella takes Alice's visions as almost gospel. If Alice sees it, it will come to pass. Hence all of the preparation to help Renesmee and Jacob escape. If people thought the resolution through Breaking Dawn was easy on Bella, how much easier would it have been if Alice had told her, "yes you stay with Edward and become a vampire." It would have taken all of the onus off of Bella to resolve her feelings. Alice is truly a wise wise woman.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Indeed, it would have.
And I agree with you on Bella's treating Alice's visions as almost holy in nature, witness Bella's complete despair and loss of faith in everyone's chances of survival brought on by Alice's note and the clues she left for Bella to help keep Nessie safe. (Breaking Dawn)
Guess that didn't really add anything to the topic, but this is the only thread I have not responded to, and I don't want to go to bed yet, so I wrote that little snippet...
Well, guess I'm out of options now, unless I want to dig through all of the forums and find a new thread to occupy my attention...
nah, screw it, I'm tired anyway.
Good night
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Speaking of Alice in BD. I was wondering how difficult it was for her to let everyone behind and go after the vision. Do you guys think she knew there was another hybrid vampire, or she just found the hint? Considering that she can't see Nahuel (as she can't see Nessie), how did she find him? I mean, she came to South America (Nahuel and his family are Chileans). I never really got this clear. I just consider it was an "Alice thing".

Speaking of Bella's holy faith on Alice's visions, I admit she's not the only one. When Alice starts panicking in BD, I almost started the running and screaming on my own. :oops:
lauren00
Wandering Through Town

Post by lauren00 »

i think ALice was an independent woman before she met jasper. She saw visions before she was changed, so she went after her dream, her husband jasper :)
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

Lunna-san wrote:Speaking of Alice in BD. I was wondering how difficult it was for her to let everyone behind and go after the vision. Do you guys think she knew there was another hybrid vampire, or she just found the hint? Considering that she can't see Nahuel (as she can't see Nessie), how did she find him? I mean, she came to South America (Nahuel and his family are Chileans). I never really got this clear. I just consider it was an "Alice thing".

Speaking of Bella's holy faith on Alice's visions, I admit she's not the only one. When Alice starts panicking in BD, I almost started the running and screaming on my own. :oops:
I'm sure it was difficult. She was very connected to the Cullen family, especially Edward, and he knew how much he needed his family at that moment. But, it would have been much more difficult if she hadn't left with Jasper. She is OK with just Jasper. They spent awhile alone together looking for the Cullens and I got the impression that all the couples were kind of doing their own thing in NM when they left Forks-Jasper was in school, Alice was looking for clues about her past (with JAsper I'm sure). While she missed the Cullens, she is happy as long as she has Jasper.

I don't think Alice could know that there was another hybrid, but I think she left with the plan of trying to find one. She kind of said as much to Bella after she returned--the reason she had Bella prepare for the worst case scenario is because she wasn't sure her plan would work. I never believed for one minute that she just took off so she wouldn't have to die or become one of the Volturi. If she hadn't had a plan, I think she would have stood by her family--just like she did in every other fight, including with the newborns in Eclipse, where they thought it might be a difficult fight until the werewolves joined--even if she knew she would die.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Lunna-san wrote:Speaking of Alice in BD. I was wondering how difficult it was for her to let everyone behind and go after the vision. Do you guys think she knew there was another hybrid vampire, or she just found the hint? Considering that she can't see Nahuel (as she can't see Nessie), how did she find him? I mean, she came to South America (Nahuel and his family are Chileans). I never really got this clear. I just consider it was an "Alice thing".

She stated that she felt like a schmuck for leaving everyone, so I'm sure it nearly killed her to do this.
I think she had some kind of vision to have led her & Jasper to South America and she probably had some holes in her vision that told her that maybe there were other hybrids that may exist and here was her key to helping the Cullens.

We know she was looking for answers when she 'saw' Irina go to the Volturri. She glanced at Renesmee so I am thinking that her thoughts were 'flying' everywhere - 'holes' in her visions, seeing the jungle, seeking out the Amazons for help and asking Kachiri for assistance in locating this possible 'hybrid' that may or may not exist.
Blah, blah, blah - you get the point ( I hope).
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Emmett+Me=Magic!!!
Settled in Forks

Post by Emmett+Me=Magic!!! »

Alice was my favorite character, she is so bubbly and sweet. ButI was so mad at her for leaving! I knew she had a reason but she could have told them why but if she would've done that BD would have been less intense.
Lightwish
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Lightwish »

Emmett+Me=Magic!!! wrote:Alice was my favorite character, she is so bubbly and sweet. ButI was so mad at her for leaving! I knew she had a reason but she could have told them why but if she would've done that BD would have been less intense.
The reason she didnt tell them was becuase if everyone knew where she went ARO would have known what she was up to when he read Edwards mind. Thats why it was a big secret.
I am a faithfull Twi-Guy!
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

Here's an Alice question. I know it's one of the questions in the chapter by chapter discussion, too. I'm not sure if it's ever been brought up here and I'm too lazy to look through all of the pages. In Twilight, when Alice and Jasper were with Bella in the hotel in AZ and then took her to the airport and Bella escaped to meet James in the ballet studio, what was Alice thinking? Bella started making her plan to get away after the phone call. She DECIDED to try to escape. Alice can see the future based on people's DECISIONS. In Eclipse, she was able to see Bella planning to go see Jacob while Edward was not there, allowing Edward to disable Bella's car and prevent her from enacting her plan. Why didn't Alice see Bella's plan to escape in the airport? Why didn't she stop Bella or stick to her side so that she would be able to protect Bella no matter what? Was Alice hoping that Bella would be changed that day, regardless of Edward's wishes?