Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs. Ashlie Cullen
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Mrs. Ashlie Cullen »

I know I just hadto point that out i noticed the first time I seen the movie but thought nothing of it then the second time i seen the movie i pointed it out to my bff and then my mom when we watched the other night. but I always thought how Jasper and Alice always look at Bella is funny and Bella never notices that they are looking at her she only notices when Edward looks at her! And how when they play baseball and victoria laurent and james come and ask if they could use some mre players and victoria says she has the wicked curveball and Jaspers like "Oh I think we can handle that" and Jasper and Emmett start laughing I always thought that part was funny!
Emmett: Excellent plan my brother!
Rosalie: No.
Bella: Absolutely not!
Jasper: Nice
Alice: Idiots.

Emmett: "Fall down again Bella?"
Bella: "No Emmett I punched a warewolf in the face!"

JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Yeah, maybe that's what confuses me: there he's sat with white cherub wings but geared up in dark colours with his black eyes glaring the shiz out of her as he's planning out 100 different ways to lure her away and drink her glorious smelling blood ... very angelic, lol!
And, now I think about it, I can't recall the "wings" in the later bio scene when he actually starts talking to her... now I'm going to have to watch the movie again - dang it, lol!
lol Yeah, I think it only happens the one time. Which, I mean seriously, it's a far from angelic moment. I guess maybe that's the joke within the joke. Edward "looks" like an angel while having very demonic/monster thoughts about her tasty mctasty blood.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
JenTheWriter

Post by JenTheWriter »

I noticed there was also another book nod. You have the angel wings for Edward, but then you have Alice "dancing" while she walks. It's when the Cullens are first introduced in the movie and Alice walks in with Jasper, he twirls her in a circle. In the books Bella always describes Alice when she walks as graceful and dance-like.
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Lorabell wrote:
*Wanderer* wrote:
twi-nerd wrote:I think that Jasper looked like he was in pain because if you read Midnight Sun, you'd know that Jasper was in the cafeteria and a smell blew in and he almost went frantic and that was why he looked like he was in pain. Because the air vent was on or something.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
No, you're absolutely right. But at first, I totally got the idea that he looked like he was in pain because it was so overwhelming to know everyone's emotions. But that's just me, I always tend to do the opposite of everyone else, haha.

*Wanderer*
I assumed it was some combination of the two, lol - as in, he can smell everyone but also is aware that everyone else in the cafeteria is "feeling hungry" (although that's not technically an "emotion"...) and together that would be pretty painful!

I never thought of that, I just thought he looked that way because of the smell of blood, but if he was that much in pain around humans, then he wouldn't be in school, around them every day, so maybe now. I think it must have just been Bella's particuarly nice scent. It's been a while since I read MS, or Dark High Noon. The feeling of hunger in the air would make things worse as well.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

-Jasper wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
*Wanderer* wrote:
twi-nerd wrote:I think that Jasper looked like he was in pain because if you read Midnight Sun, you'd know that Jasper was in the cafeteria and a smell blew in and he almost went frantic and that was why he looked like he was in pain. Because the air vent was on or something.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
No, you're absolutely right. But at first, I totally got the idea that he looked like he was in pain because it was so overwhelming to know everyone's emotions. But that's just me, I always tend to do the opposite of everyone else, haha.

*Wanderer*
I assumed it was some combination of the two, lol - as in, he can smell everyone but also is aware that everyone else in the cafeteria is "feeling hungry" (although that's not technically an "emotion"...) and together that would be pretty painful!

I never thought of that, I just thought he looked that way because of the smell of blood, but if he was that much in pain around humans, then he wouldn't be in school, around them every day, so maybe now. I think it must have just been Bella's particuarly nice scent. It's been a while since I read MS, or Dark High Noon. The feeling of hunger in the air would make things worse as well.

I thought that it was just because he was still getting used to his new life with the Cullens. The no-sucking-the-student's-of-Forks'-High's-blood has to be kinda hard.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

JenTheWriter wrote:I noticed there was also another book nod. You have the angel wings for Edward, but then you have Alice "dancing" while she walks. It's when the Cullens are first introduced in the movie and Alice walks in with Jasper, he twirls her in a circle. In the books Bella always describes Alice when she walks as graceful and dance-like.
Ah - I love that too! I might be wrong, but something's telling me Alice does it again later in the parking lot - when Edward doesn't turn up for school... nevermind, I guess I'll just have to check, lol ;)
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

-Jasper wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
*Wanderer* wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong.

*Wanderer*

I can't recall Jasper noticing Bella in particular in Dark High Noon - he just likes to push his thirst as long as he can. Surely Alice would warn him not to be too thirsty that day if she knew Jasper would smell Bella - but Edward doesn't even get her scent until biology. Either way, feeling how hungry everyone else is around you, can't be easy - poor Jasper!
Lorabell

JenTheWriter

Post by JenTheWriter »

Lorabell wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote:I noticed there was also another book nod. You have the angel wings for Edward, but then you have Alice "dancing" while she walks. It's when the Cullens are first introduced in the movie and Alice walks in with Jasper, he twirls her in a circle. In the books Bella always describes Alice when she walks as graceful and dance-like.
Ah - I love that too! I might be wrong, but something's telling me Alice does it again later in the parking lot - when Edward doesn't turn up for school... nevermind, I guess I'll just have to check, lol ;)
I'm sure she does, I wouldn't doubt it. I mean I never really put it together until I read the book and then I was like, "Oh, she's dancing!" I love it when they sneak in things like that for the people who have read the books.
ReneeJ
Settled in Forks

Post by ReneeJ »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I love Edward's military-inspired jacket. Very clever.
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

ReneeJ wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I love Edward's military-inspired jacket. Very clever.
Hm, I saw it as more of an "Edwardian gentleman" suggestion - with the high-neck collar and slight "pea-coat" feel.
However, I love how Jasper always holds himself in that army stance and his wardrobe had just a touch of old south military about it - he even nods ever so slightly when he's first introduced to Bella (just like when he met Alice) - so great!
Lorabell