Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice thread

slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee -- Team Alice thread

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Hello, Lourdes! Welcome to the APPC!

Now, question time!
- If Alice had not been institutionalized how would her life have turned out?
I wonder if she'd still be Alice. So much of who she is happened because of the life she didn't get to live. She never would have been a vampire, she never would have met Jasper, and she never would have met the Cullens. She would have lived with her "real" family. And she would have still had her visions, which her family would probably ask her to hide. I don't like this idea very much! :D

-Jolynn
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I'm about to clock out and head to bed but before I go I have another question to ask ;)

How different would things have been if Alice's visions applied to werewolves as well? Would that have meant that the Cullens would not have returned in NM since she would have known that Bella was simply cliff diving?
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

How different would things have been if Alice's visions applied to werewolves as well? Would that have meant that the Cullens would not have returned in NM since she would have known that Bella was simply cliff diving?

If Alice's visions applied to the shifters as well I think that would have taken a lot away from the story. She definitely would have showed up in NM, because there wouldn't have been a need to be there for Charlie. Alice probably would have seen Jacob and Bella ending up happily together.

Man, that's so sad.
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

Another newbie!!!

- Do you have a nickname or something you would rather be called?
Tessa (i didn't see any other tessas but if there are . . . I don't know, bite_me I suppose.
- What career path do you want to follow here?
Security or chef.
- Why did you want to join Team Alice?
I like the name (party planning commitee . . . so Alice) and I just love Alice! I missed her more than Edward in New Moon.
- What is your favorite thing about Alice?
She always seems so happy and optimistic and full of energy and life! :mrgreen: (well, kind of life) she makes you smile. Her obsession with making bella her barbie doll is funny too.
- Any favorite quotes from or about Alice?
In BD where Edward says "Why don't you just tell me who wins?" "I do. Excellent."
- Is there anything else you want to share?
This looks like lots of fun! And I like this smiley face: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

What are some of your ideas for throwing a "party" in APPC?
I like the idea of having ranks, and prizes, and I think a twilight dvd release party would be good or the beging of filming new moon idea. The only thing with release partys is if it comes out differnt dates in differnt countrys...

If Jasper had remained human, would there be any chance of them having what Bella and Edward have?
I dont think so I agree with whats been said about Bella and Edwards relationship being that much stronger because Bella was Edwards La Tua Cantante.

If Alice had not been institutionalized how would her life have turned out?

Ahh it would have all changed so much I dont like the idea at all no Jasper, No Cullens. I dont think she'd be the same Alice at all.

The story would have changed so much. Edward might not have come back if he knew Bella was safe and ''happy'' with Jacob. More than anything Edward wants Bella to live a long happy life so if Alice seen that Bella and Jacob where getting along I think the Cullens would have stayed away :cry:
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

What are some of your ideas for throwing a "party" in APPC?

~ I think everyone has pretty much covered this one ... that's what I get or answering questions late, I guess.
I like the idea of DVD and/or movie release parties, although x. Jessica-Louise .x made a good point about release dates being different in different regions. I believe I saw mentioned the idea of character's birthdays, so we could do Cullenism parties (significant dates from the Twilight Saga).

If Jasper had remained human, would there be any chance of them (Jasper and Alice) having what Bella and Edward have?

~ to be honest, no, I don't think so. The relationship wouldn't have exactly the same appeal as what Bella and Edward had. One of their biggest issues was that Bella was his (Edward's) La Tua Cantata, calling to his very nature as a vampire, rather than as a man. That is not to say that Alice and Jasper could not have a relationship: Alice would be able to foresee any danger that be threatening them, and could therefore avoid it.
Their relationship would just e different, something other, than what Bella and Edward had.

~ I think that, seen as her psychic powers as a human were phenomenal enough to separate her from other humans (I know most people don't think being institutionalized is a good thing, but let's just be open-minded for a minute!), then there is a great possibility that Aro, being a collector of living oddities and specialities, would notice her sooner or later, and have Demitri locate her.
I think that for Alice, it was just a matter of time before she was turned into a vampire. She was already far more gifted than most humans, and there would obviously have been some draw to any immortal, even if it was only base curiosity.
that said, her life with the Volturi would have been very different, especially in matters of, uh, diet and valuing human life.

~ No, I think it would have actually have provoked a faster return for the Cullens. Open finding out that Bella had been hanging out with werewolves (and potential werewolves) for several months, Alice's first instinct has that Bella had been in danger. So, seen as Edward admitted that his self-control was slipping and Alice admitted to occasionally seeing Bella in visions, despite not keeping tabs on her... well, the Cullens would undoubtably fear for her safety, and intercede, simply in order to protect her form what they believed was grave danger.

oh, wow, that was a Super-Post! :oops: sorry!

~ Kat

~ EDIT ~ ... Welcome to Tessa (bite_me)! glad to see another Alice fan out here!
you're going to have to wait for a Host or Hostess to officially welcome you and give you a rank, but in the meantime, please feel free to answer any of the questions you see floating around. :D
I should warn you tho, not to post in red or green. those colours are reserved for our Host and Hostesses.
thanks!

~ K
Last edited by copper curls on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the newbies, I'm -Jasper, or Jenni. I'll try and learn all your names when things have settled down a bit and there aren't so many new people, so don't be offended if I call you by your username and not your name for now. :D

If Alice hadn't been instututionalized, but still had visions of the future, her life would be a lot different. She probably wouldn't have been changed into a vampire, unless Carlisle or another vampire found her somehow and decided to change her and not drink her blood. She probably would have just led a normalish life in the era that she was in. She may have had visions of Jasper, or maybe not, I'm not sure, but I don't see a relationship or a life to do with vampires at all.

The whole series would have been different, I don't think Edward would have come back, because he would have thought that Bella and Jacob were happy together (which is good, in my opinion), although Alice may have been tempted to return, so that Bella wouldn't do all those crazy things in order to hear Edward's voice.

- Jenni
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

Partiers:
1.Guest
waiting tobe dazzled ~ Heather
sarah! ~ Sarah
lauren00 ~ Lauren
shanon ~ Shanon

2.V.I.P guest
copper curls ~ Kat -- newly promoted.. (she actually updated the list for me.. :D )

3.Celebrity Impersonator

Security:
1.Bouncer in training
• eliselovesedwardx ~ Elise
• ravenGirl2468 ~ Raven
• FrighteninLilMonster ~ FLM
• skylarblue ~ Shannon, Sky

2.Bouncer
• -Jasper ~ Jenni

3.Ultimate Bouncer

Chef:
1.Caterer's Assistant
• edwardlikeshaystacks ~ Emmaline
• debussygirl ~ Jenna
• bite_me ~ Tessa

2.Head Caterer
• olpatlanta ~ Carrie

3.World Class Chef

Shopping:
1.Bag Carrier
• Eternally Dazzled ~ Gabi
• kimmyBEE ~ (we'll call you bee.. :D)
• x. Jessica-Louise .x ~ Jess
• edward x lover ~ Lee
• Mrs.TeddyBear ~ Ted
• BellaNicole ~ Nikki
• best_beating_heart ~ Lourdes

2.Head Shopper
• slightlyobsessed ~ Jolynn
• Oh Rosalie! ~ Rosie

3.Shopaholic

welcome newbies...i'm kimmy.. and PLEASE FOLLOW RULES!!!
:D and to the newly promoted members.. please monitor the newbies that will come in and update me with the headcount. :D
*i'm not be posting for questions today.. i'm quite tired.. i'll just check you guys out from time to time.. and please post any suggestions for party planning *
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Yay! Promotions! Congratulations Kat, Jenni, Carrie, and Rosie!

And welcome Tessa, and other new members since my last post! (I don't think there was anyone else...)

Okay, question time:
- How different would things have been if Alice's visions applied to werewolves as well? Would that have meant that the Cullens would not have returned in NM since she would have known that Bella was simply cliff diving?
I think Edward would have returned to Bella regardless of what Alice saw. His self control was already slipping when he thought Bella died. He told her himself that he knew he was going to come back. And, personally, I think that, given his reaction to Bella wanting to see Jacob for the first few months (?) he was home--he thought Jacob was simply too dangerous to be around as a young werewolf (shifter)--Edward would have returned to her to protect her, finally realizing that whether he was in her life or not she was always going to be in danger.
And after his return, Edward would learn to trust Alice's visions involving Jake, and would have allowed Bella to see him much quicker than he actually did in Eclipse.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

updates: received a pm from logan and party planning is a go! so on with the planning!!!! post your ideas and please be reminded on the jobs.. promoted members must sumarize your team's ideas.. sorry, i'm really disoriented and tired and sleepy now.. so i needed some help..
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!