Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xxlacantantexx
Settled in Forks

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by xxlacantantexx »

firebrand wrote:
xxlacantantexx wrote:Online at http://www.filmgecko.com/chris-weitz-ne ... arch-2009/ it says theyre looking for italain vampires, which i think is the best idea instead of paying for well known actors.
Yes, unknowns would be cheaper but they aren't going to leave characters like Aro and Caius to chance and get hacks.. not all Italians are great actors. I also do not believe that they need be Italian. Isn't it stated in the books that Marcus CAME to Volterra... who says he didn't come from somewhere else, germany, britain, france, spain... And Caius does not sound Italian to me... Just saying. Demetri could be russian or greek, Felix could be a studly beefcake from Southy, Aro could be a cutlured scholar from Ireland... I mean, who says they have to be Italian.... I've been to Italy, and if I could live anywhere in the world, Italy would be in my top 2 places....
True, I just hope that get actors based on talents and how well that can fit the character and not just for publicity like with Dakota.
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

xxlacantantexx wrote:
firebrand wrote:
xxlacantantexx wrote:Online at http://www.filmgecko.com/chris-weitz-ne ... arch-2009/ it says theyre looking for italain vampires, which i think is the best idea instead of paying for well known actors.
Yes, unknowns would be cheaper but they aren't going to leave characters like Aro and Caius to chance and get hacks.. not all Italians are great actors. I also do not believe that they need be Italian. Isn't it stated in the books that Marcus CAME to Volterra... who says he didn't come from somewhere else, germany, britain, france, spain... And Caius does not sound Italian to me... Just saying. Demetri could be russian or greek, Felix could be a studly beefcake from Southy, Aro could be a cutlured scholar from Ireland... I mean, who says they have to be Italian.... I've been to Italy, and if I could live anywhere in the world, Italy would be in my top 2 places....
True, I just hope that get actors based on talents and how well that can fit the character and not just for publicity like with Dakota.
That is why I think they ARE picking Dakota. She fits the part and she is a good actress...A LOT of people think she is perfect for Jane. It is not just because she is famous.
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

TopazLove wrote: That is why I think they ARE picking Dakota. She fits the part and she is a good actress...A LOT of people think she is perfect for Jane. It is not just because she is famous.
I agree.
I don’t understand how you can look at Dakota’s body of work and not see that she is talented, freakishly so.
Judging her and her portrayal of Jane before you have seen the movie doesn’t make sense but to judge it before she has even signed for the role…I don’t get it.
Maybe the cast is so accepting of her because they are actors and can recognize talent in other actors…
Because she is a good at what she does and has became well known for that fact shouldn’t be a reason to want to penalize her by not giving her a role.
If you can’t see a character in a movie because of the fame of the actor playing that character…how do you ever watch a movie??
I like Dakota as an actress and think she would make a wonderful Jane, however if she doesn’t get the part, I’m not going to boo the actress when she comes on screen or judge her before I have seen her performance simply because she wasn’t my version or my choice for Jane.
Instead of debating which talented actress should get the interesting yet minor role of Jane, maybe we could focus on other characters that haven’t had a lot of media speculation, like Alec, the pack and the Volturri leaders.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Thank you, waiting tobe dazzled.
Its one thing to state your opinion, its an entirely different one to boycott an actress because she won a certain role. If you throw popcorn at the screen whenever Jane shows up, if she gets the role, all you'll be doing is ruining the movie-watching experience for everyone, and making yourself come off as childish and spiteful.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

lauren00 wrote:Sam: ahh, solomon trimble would be a great cast for him.
I love Solomon but... did you see:

"However, in a film with such a strong Native American theme, only two actors of Native American decent were hired. But due to reasons unknown, Solomon Trimble (Apache) who played and established the character of Sam Uley, has suddenly lost his role.

Sam Uley’s character has been re-posted onto the Hollywood-casting breakdown, and it is obvious that Hollywood is now looking for a more marketable teen heartthrob celebrity actor to play the more substantial and very desirable part."

I'll be so sad not to see Solomon in NM - seriously, if Taylor can beef up to realistically pull off a werewolf Jacob, then Solomon should be included somewhere - even if it's maybe as Quil or Paul or even Seth!

I think there needs to be a Team Solomon! Who wants an avatar?!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Thank you, waiting tobe dazzled.
Its one thing to state your opinion, its an entirely different one to boycott an actress because she won a certain role. If you throw popcorn at the screen whenever Jane shows up, if she gets the role, all you'll be doing is ruining the movie-watching experience for everyone, and making yourself come off as childish and spiteful.

Wow, guys. Let's calm down for a second. We are all in the SAME team. We all want a great adaptation of New Moon and I know we are all worried. However, it's been 2 weeks since we've been discussing Jane/Dakota/Jodelle.

I personally don't care if it's a known actor or not. I don't even know where this came from. Because, more or less, i knew the other actors from TV shows.

If Dakotta Fanning's fans are goig to watch the movie because of her presence.... honestly, who cares? I don't think being her fan will stop anyone of enjoying the movie or start being a fan. Thereare many new members of the Lex who started watching the movie and then read the books. The movie is not only for Twilight Saga's fans but for everyone who is expecting a good story, being them Dakota Fanning fans or Robert pattinson's fans.

Dakota Fanning is no really a bad choice for Jane and she hasn't even signed the contract. We're freaking out before anything. I tink this is premature and I could make a list o times where fans like us freaked out because of the cast of an adaptatation and in the end, it worked. If Dakota signed the contract,let's cheer for her to do a nice job. But there will be many things to pay attention, special effects and Italy. Jane and Dakotta are one thing in tons of other details we'll be paying attention.
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Lorabell wrote:

"However, in a film with such a strong Native American theme, only two actors of Native American decent were hired. But due to reasons unknown, Solomon Trimble (Apache) who played and established the character of Sam Uley, has suddenly lost his role.

Sam Uley’s character has been re-posted onto the Hollywood-casting breakdown, and it is obvious that Hollywood is now looking for a more marketable teen heartthrob celebrity actor to play the more substantial and very desirable part."

I'll be so sad not to see Solomon in NM - seriously, if Taylor can beef up to realistically pull off a werewolf Jacob, then Solomon should be included somewhere - even if it's maybe as Quil or Paul or even Seth!

honestly i didnt see solomon as Sam, but i think he would be good as one of the other werewolves.

it seems they are having an open casting call in vancouver. one of my sister's friends is trying out..

As you Twilight fans know, in the upcoming sequel, New Moon, Bella is pursued by Native American werewolf Jacob (Taylor Lautner).

Well, the movie needs some Native American actors for the upcoming flick.

They're filming part of the sequel in Canada and are doing an open casting call for Native American actors on the country's west coast next week.

Check it and tell your friends!

Aikins/Cossey is seeking actors between 15 and 25 years of age in three B.C. casting calls in Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna.
Candidates will receive scripts and be asked return the same day to read for a part.

Victoria: Feb. 7, Paul's Motor Inn, 1900 Douglas St., 9 a.m. to noon
Vancouver: Feb.8, Second Avenue Studios, 225 W. 2nd Ave., 9 a.m. to noon
Kelowna: Feb. 8, Delta Grand Okanagan, 1310 Water St., 9 a.m. to noon

Good luck!

If you get a role, you could be THISCLOSE to Robert Pattinson!

Lucky!

(from perezhilton.com)
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

shortstuff wrote:
Lorabell wrote:

honestly i didnt see solomon as Sam, but i think he would be good as one of the other werewolves.
I thought he did a good job in the movie but was just so impressed with his commitment - i.e. learning Quileute and writing that amazing poem for Emily, etc. I can see how they might want someone different for NM but would be heart-broken if he was just cast aside all together - wouldn't you?
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Lorabell wrote:
shortstuff wrote:
Lorabell wrote:

I thought he did a good job in the movie but was just so impressed with his commitment - i.e. learning Quileute and writing that amazing poem for Emily, etc. I can see how they might want someone different for NM but would be heart-broken if he was just cast aside all together - wouldn't you?
yes i know what you mean. its not so much that i think he is perfect for the part or anything, but it would just suck for him to be shut out of the rest of the movies. thats kinda how i felt about taylor... its not like i thought he was so amazing as jacob.. i just felt really bad if he would be replaced, considering how excited he was about being in new moon..

also, about soloman.. i always wondered why they would make him Sam in the twilight movie (especially if they were going to recast him).. it would have made more sense to have him be Quil since Quil and Embry are the ones who are jacobs friends, not sam...
Sleepwalker
Settled in Forks

Post by Sleepwalker »

I don't understand, wasn't Sam part native American? Why throw him out of NM?

As for Dakota Fanning, very talented actress, she is. But isn't Jane supposed to be younger?