Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by Lorabell »

nafereti wrote:SOLOMON CUT HIS HAIR?!?!?!?!
well damn, he DESERVES to be Sam. OMG!
P.s. I'm on the case - I need to know too now! Bless yummy boys and long hair *sigh*
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Sleepwalker wrote:I don't understand, wasn't Sam part native American? Why throw him out of NM?

As for Dakota Fanning, very talented actress, she is. But isn't Jane supposed to be younger?
no, solomon trimble played sam uley in the first twilight movie, but now they are recasting him. yes he is native american, but i guess they are looking for something different for sam in NM, especially considering he is meant to be the leader of the wolves, etc... i don't really know their reasoning, tbh..
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

Ok well I'm kinds off topic here... But I'd like annasophia as jane she's the only actress I can see with a different part in more than one movie. And you guys who didn't like how some of the other actors were prodakota, well what else are they gonna say? "Oh Im not a huge dakota fan" then suddenly they'll be dakota haters and they think she's a terrible actress. The media really doesn't leave them with much options. Maybe they do like her I'm just sayin. But on topic... Solman is so dedicated they can't get rid of him!
I still wanna be jane LOL :D
Image Image
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

edward'sstupidlamb wrote:Ok well I'm kinds off topic here... But I'd like annasophia as jane she's the only actress I can see with a different part in more than one movie. And you guys who didn't like how some of the other actors were prodakota, well what else are they gonna say? "Oh Im not a huge dakota fan" then suddenly they'll be dakota haters and they think she's a terrible actress. The media really doesn't leave them with much options. Maybe they do like her I'm just sayin. But on topic... Solman is so dedicated they can't get rid of him!
I still wanna be jane LOL :D
;) sorry i don't understand

As for Solomon, they cant change actors, this is so stupid, Chris really likes to change alot of actors for the movie!! :evil:
I'M TEAM SOLOMON FOR NEW MOON!!!
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

Nerd wrote: I was thinking about that too. Why would Sam be hanging out with Jake? But I rationalized in my mind that maybe he was just checking up on the newbies. Maybe he wasn't 'hanging out' but being his alpha self.
i thought that too. why was sam at the beach in the book Twilight and not quil. i figured that he was probably at the beach checking things out, making sure everything was good on his turf. like how jacob called them "protectors" in NM.
twi-nerd wrote: They're trying to get rid of all the good actors but they won't get rid of the bad actors. I will also grab my pitch fork if Kristen doesn't bring it to New Moon. That will totally throw me off. Also, Chris Weitz is getting a pretty big budget for the film. With The Golden Compass he had a huge budget and the movie didn't make half of what he got.
*sharpens pitch fork(just in case)* :D
i thought kristen did an ok job in twilight, but yeah, she better bring it in NM. no more twitching, bring more skills. i hurd the golden compass sucked. that it wasnt like the book at all. i hope chris weitz does a good job. no crapon or vanessa ho-gens.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

DumBumm wrote:As for Solomon, they cant change actors, this is so stupid, Chris really likes to change alot of actors for the movie!! :evil:
I'M TEAM SOLOMON FOR NEW MOON!!!
Whoohooo - come and join on MySpace.com/Team_Solomon!
shortstuff wrote:
Sleepwalker wrote:I don't understand, wasn't Sam part native American? Why throw him out of NM?
no, solomon trimble played sam uley in the first twilight movie, but now they are recasting him. yes he is native american, but i guess they are looking for something different for sam in NM, especially considering he is meant to be the leader of the wolves, etc... i don't really know their reasoning, tbh..
Argh, if this Chris guy throws away a really good foundation for the sequel - i.e. box-office smash-hit; established cast; ama-hazing story - for special effects and big names then I may never recover!
I just don't think it's necessary to recast people like Solomon, who was is dedicated and has such potential to do a great job in NM given the chance! Seriously, could anyone really have pictured Taylor all beefed-up how he is now and realistically pulling off a "25 year-old looking" Jacob before?
I realise Sam's role is a pair of big shoes to fill (literally, lol!) but he should be kept on as Quil at the very least - the very worst thing I could imagine for NM is to see a completely separated movie from the first... we loved Catherine's formula for a reason, Hollywood - hellooo $300m box-office?!?! - stop screwing with it!!!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
clark415
Settled in Forks

Post by clark415 »

OMG! Are you guys serious about Soloman?!?! I havn't been on in a while and this is the first I've heard of that. Are they for sure recasting him or is it just a rumor?

Oh and is the Dakota thing for sure yet or are they still just talking about it?
NZTwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by NZTwilighter »

I know the conversations moved on but . . .

I think Dakota Fanning is a really talented actress.
She is not who i pictured as Jane while reading the books, she doesnt have the exact right look or be the exact age to be playing Jane.

HOWEVER for her age she is a really experienced actress and i think she will play an aswome Jane, she's so talented that while she has definite points against her for Being Jane i think she will bring something completely new and good to Jane as a character.
Chris would be hard pushed to find another actress to play Jane as well as Dakota will be able to. Everyone should stop bagging her so much because would you be able to do it as well as she will when you were that age? and shes still so young that shell be taking everyones eractions personally.

anyway just my 2 cents worth :roll:

also re Solomon in Twilight he didnt get introduced as Sam so from the audiences POV it could be anyone in Jakes tribe, of course those of us who have read the series know that was Sams line, however for the sake of the movie, does it matter if he gets re-cast? those who havent read twilight will never know and those who have would just have to accept it.

I think they should keep Solomon as Sam but yea just pointing out he wasnt introduced in the movie so they could get away with it.

Sorry hope i havent stepped on any toes :?
I enjoy the cold, diamonds and hearthrobs.
Team Edward.
bunnykisses
Settled in Forks

Post by bunnykisses »

Hey guys! Don't you think its FISHY that Chris Weitz, Vanessa Hudgens AND Taylor Lautner has-- dig this-- the SAME representation / agent?!

Sheesh. It won't surprise me if hudgens get cast as leah for eclipse yeah?
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

bunnykisses wrote:Hey guys! Don't you think its FISHY that Chris Weitz, Vanessa Hudgens AND Taylor Lautner has-- dig this-- the SAME representation / agent?!

Sheesh. It won't surprise me if hudgens get cast as leah for eclipse yeah?
Yeah, but I don't think she'll. She's used to be protagonist, she won't take a tiny role like Leah. it's not the right move to her carreer and her agent knows it.

I had no idea about this Sam's drama. What an annoying thing. Casting different people to play it's confusing to the public. :roll: Ugh, first Taylor, now Solomon. :evil: