Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Nima: You mentioned all my networking places. Minus the trinity of our social-web, Shelfari is it. We share books, leave reviews, get recommendations, and can leave notes, but it isn't an especially chatty place for me.

I'm in such a foul mood today. I didn't sleep very well. KNE kept waking me up by constantly sighing or scratching (sounded like he was clawing his skin off). I don't have my fan here, so I heard every move he made. Plus, I can't sleep when there's no white noise. I get up this morning, go to living room, and flip through until I can find something I can tolerate. I'm watching a show that doesn't require much brain activity (Hope and Faith) when he comes in and says "You aren't really watching that?" That one phrase makes me want to gouge his eyeballs out. He sat down, I tossed remote at him, and left the room.

Would he have switched the channel for me? NO!! I cannot stand passive-aggressive behavior. I want my house.

End ranting..that's 2 for today.

Sorry, Nima, my head is too scrambled for phrases I'd read too much.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

nissanmama wrote:I specifically excluded networking sites like FB. That's too easy. Come on Twimom, where else do you spend your on-line time??
OOPS! I totally misread that question!! I thought you were giving examples, not excluding. *hangs head in shame*
Let's see.... Snapfish. I put all of my photos on Snapfish. I email them to all of my family and far-away friends. I use the site to make photocards, post cards, Christmas gifts and annual calendars.

I also spend a lot of time on my bank website and various others - I love ON LINE bill payment!

I used to spend a lot of time on the Weight Watchers site, but I've been bad over the past several months!

I hope I did better this time around!

Not really phrases but I could do without so much "hissing" and "whiskers" (can't any of the DHs shave?)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

QOTD I think I would have to say Facebook. I have so many friends on there, people from work, people I haven't talked to since high school, College friends and some family as well. I spend most of my time working on Flairs or taking the twilight quiz. If you haven't tried that, go take a look, they have so many questions from the books and alot of them that I end up getting wrong which is silly because I've read all the books at least five times if not more, but ahh well. Crackbook is very addictive.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Hugs to you GNE, men (hubby's particular) can be such annoying dorks! If only they weren't so cute and we didn't love them!

QOTD: What's your favorite non-personal networking website? I would say that I check every day, Shelfari, my online library account (checking status of books I've requested, adding books to my saved-until-later lists and request lists) and a few friend's & author's personal blogs. I love Shelfari - doing my reviews, adding books and keeping track of my 50 book challenge AND seeing what my "friends" are reading and enjoying. Those aforementioned are my top three, but my favorite is Shelfari for non-personal networking.

Bonus question: What phrase are you tired to death of in the books you read? "she/he hissed in pleasure." I'm just not liking that response and it's worse since it is so commonly used by Kenyon. *sigh* I don't know about you guys, but I never hiss. I'm not a cat, I'm not a snake, I cannot understand where this expression comes from. The only time I've ever heard ANYONE hiss, was children pretending to be cats or snakes and this is SO not an image I want in my head when reading!!! So when I read, I automatically change the word "hiss" in my head to something else...I have several terms I use so I don't feel like the WARDen.

ETA: Sorry, Nima, I forgot to throw my guess for the PSD! I was thinking he could be a good Qhuinn if his hair was longer. However, I think he could pass for Clay?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

ellalou73 wrote:QOTD I think I would have to say Facebook. I have so many friends on there, people from work, people I haven't talked to since high school, College friends and some family as well. I spend most of my time working on Flairs or taking the twilight quiz. If you haven't tried that, go take a look, they have so many questions from the books and alot of them that I end up getting wrong which is silly because I've read all the books at least five times if not more, but ahh well. Crackbook is very addictive.
Nima scolded Twimom for doing this same thing, so to be fair, I'm scolding you as well. :lol: :lol:

Nima excluded facebook, myspace, and Lex from the question. I had to read it twice to understand it too.

QOTD: What non-personal networking sites - EXCLUDING Facebook, Myspace, and the Lex - do you enjoy most? I answered already.

Lynz: Nickelback is on!! Swoon!!!

Thanks to my friends here and on Crackbook for getting me out of my cranky mood. Hubby volunteered to pick up Dream Chaser from the bookstore. I called and they don't have it. I had to special order it.

Chasing Lynz down watching her trip and spill her Sprite.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

NICKELBACK! ultra swoon!

I am just gonna do the bonus question.
what phrase are you tired to death of in the books you read?-
I am in total Agreement with UNA. I am tired of all the Hissing.

throws the sprite in GNE's direction and then scatters jelly bellies on the floor....that should hold her off!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

total agreement with the "hissed" It is starting to make me a little sick

I agree Nickelback major SWOON!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Besides a possible Qhuinn and Clay, could he be (our PSD compliments of Nima) be a MB like one of the younger boys?

"Oo, piece of candy... Oo, piece of candy... Oo, piece of candy..." I love jelly bellies!! =) I wonder where they lead.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

I recently reviewed chapter 12 of Breaking Dawn, and within 2 or 3 pages, Edward hissed twice and Rosalie hissed once. I giggled so hard because a few of us just had a conversation about so much hissing.

I can't think of phrases, but how about words:

I think we can all agree "core" is used way too often.
-Hissed
-Beguiling
-Big body (MB or BDB uses this one too much)
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

NICKELBACK- definite swoon!!! I set my iPod to "all Nickelback" while making my 4-mile trek on the treadmill this morning!! YUM-O

Hmm, yes, "core" is overly-abused. My next one is "Edward chuckled." I can't think of anymore off the top of my head.