Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by fanMNM »

I don't really have a favorite site that wasn't excluded so I'll just not answer that one....I've already seen the wrath that falls on those who chose one excluded...LOL

The phrase I'm most tired of isn't really a phrase necessarily, but it's the whole idea of when a female is near the object of her lust and/or love, she is constantly swooning, melting, or dazzled....lol

It's probably my fault since I've been reading so much about vampires and otherwordly creatures...and I'm not against the whole idea...I imagine I'd swoon/melt/and be dazzled in the presence of any and all of these characters, but it's definitely used A LOT!! :)

And I agree with the term "core" being overly used...

Thank you Naureen!!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

"Heavily lided eyes" is annoying me right now. Why do men have half open eyes when they are feeling lusty? I am picturing them more half asleep than sexy.

Other websites...Shelfari and I used to visit Pemberley a lot, but not so much since I found the lex. I like website like the lex that have more information about things that I like. Give me info and I will come.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Okay I didn't get that did I. Aside from the non sites that we can't list I don't really go to many other site aside from this one. I go to FF.net to read stories and post a few of my own and I love youtube, but thats about it. Okay what is Shelfari? I keep seeing that site listed and would like to know more about it so if you want to pm me or post something that would be nice.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

It's late here and I'm sooo tired, but I just finished Dark Lover and...well, wow, is all I can right now. I'm sorry I hadn't heard of the series earlier...and sorry I doubted you all cause I was unsure I was going to be able to get into it...but I did and read it in one night...and now I'm dying to go out and get the next one!

Very good stuff...

Thank you Naureen!!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Other the the "non-mentionable" sites listed, I do visit the WARDen's BDB site/forum along with SK's DH site/forum. I have an internet surfing problem, so I tend to find new and different sites but alot of them aren't my standard websites.

fanNMN - another DH convert. That's great, you will love the series.

One word, that urkes me to death in all of our paranormal romance books, is the use of the word "Baby." I was so annoyed with Butch using it constantly while baking (that I wanted to throw up) but in the DH books when the say it, it's not during baking only but said out of love and affection.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

skylarblue wrote:One word, that urkes me to death in all of our paranormal romance books, is the use of the word "Baby." I was so annoyed with Butch using it constantly while baking (that I wanted to throw up) but in the DH books when the say it, it's not during baking only but said out of love and affection.
That is my biggest pet peeve with Butch. I couldn't get over it. There are some *ahem* who love that about him. I'm SO not one of them. Yuck.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

fanMNM wrote:It's late here and I'm sooo tired, but I just finished Dark Lover and...well, wow, is all I can right now. I'm sorry I hadn't heard of the series earlier...and sorry I doubted you all cause I was unsure I was going to be able to get into it...but I did and read it in one night...and now I'm dying to go out and get the next one!

Very good stuff...
Don't you know it??? I was in the same boat as yourself. I bought BDB #1 waaaaaaaay back in November. I then got caught up in moving, then unpacking, setting up for Christmas, taking down Christmas, finishing up decorating the apartment, blah, blah. I finally read the book in January! I'm sharing with a friend, and she is on book 5; hopefully I'll finish Z's book this weekend! GNE will never steer us wrong!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Yes...now I have to run around like a crazy person on my lunch hour to find Lover Eternal :)

(my husband isn't too pleased I've found yet ANOTHER series to be addicted too....LOL...but he's used to it by now so he'll deal!)

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

FanMNM save yourself pain and anguish and buy the whole series along with the Insider's Guide. This series, at least for most of us here, is one to read and reread a lot. Plus, there is nothing worse a cliffhanger and wanting to know what happens next!

If you would like more series to get "interested in", let us know. We have at least 10 series that we've shared that are good. Some are YA and some are yummy in the gutter like BDB.

Ellalou, I'll answer your question here since it is good info for a lot of people. Shelfari is like an online bookshelf. You have a shelf for books you are going to read, currently reading and have read. You can select books and put them on which ever shelf they belong, you can rate them and/or review them. As you make friends, you can see books on other's shelves to see how they liked them or what they are interested in reading. You an leave comments, there are groups that have discussions, it's fun and I really enjoy it as a way to track what I'm reading and see other books and if others like them. There is a thread here in the Phoenix forum called Shelfari and Good Reads. There are a LOT of us there and we go by the same name typically there as we do here.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

GRRR... I am mad at my shelfari right now! It lost at least 3 of my DH books that I had written up reviews for. I did contact them (thanks for the suggestion Nima), but I never heard back from them. So now I'm wondering if it is worth the upkeep.

Rant over... Having a tough day all around. I need to go out for some girl time. Anyone free tonight? :D
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!