General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
!!YaNNa!!
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by !!YaNNa!! »

Breaking Dawn was awesome! I applaud Ms. Meyer, she couldn't have ended it a better way. I finised the book in two days, I couldn't put it down. Everything just fell into place. But I kinda wanted an Epilouge, like in the 7th HP book. It would be great to know how everyone is, in the future. But over-all, amazing book and i know every twiight fan does and will appreciate this book..
Not Your Ordinary Obsessed Edward Cullen Fangirl, I'm Special *grin*
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

WinniePony wrote:I loved Breaking Dawn!!! It was so amazing!!! Bella getting pregnant kinda threw me for a loop, I didn't think that was possible, but I suppose if Steph writes it then it happened. I loved the part from Jake's PoV, it was so cute! And I know some people think it's stupid because everybody got their happy ending, but I liked that. It would be sad if they all got slaughtered by the Volturi. And I'm so glad Jake got Nessie, I felt so bad for him. And the separate packs thing was so interesting! I love the idea. I was crying so hard when Bella thought they were all going to die, and I cried when Alice left. I love Renesmee! She's so amazing. Wow. The whole book was amazing, I loved it. :D
You pretty much summed up exactly what I was going to write! :) Although, I felt so threatened by Jacob that I couldn't even enjoy the chapters with his point of view. I feel like when I read the entire series again I am going to enjoy it a lot more (especially New Moon and Eclipse) knowing how the series ends. But yeah, I was so shocked when Bella got pregnant... definitely wasn't expecting that! What a great book though I really really enjoyed it.
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

Breaking Dawn is perhaps the only book I've ever read that I was happy I got spoiled on. I heard some of the major plot twists ahead of time, accidentally, and it gave me a chance to get used to the idea.

Once I wrapped my head around it... I LOVE this book. I loved getting to see Bella as the kick-butt strong person she's always been, now with the physical power to back it up. I loved that she fought so hard for Reneesme (being a mom, I know that it's what I would have done). I loved getting a little shot of Jake's perspective, and having him get a happy ending. Most of all, I loved getting a chance to see Edward without all the angst. I've always had a major crush on him, but it was even better seeing him with all his major conflicts resolved and him and Bella on an equal footing. The moment when he finally gets to see into Bella's mind is, at least for me, the sweetest romantic moment of the whole series.
Elanor_de_Rancon
Settled in Forks

Post by Elanor_de_Rancon »

I'm going to say the negative first, to just get it out of the way.

This is not my favorite book, though I do think this is the best book of the four, and this is probably one of my favorite series (in a long list, but then again, who doesn't have a long list).

It tended to drag on in places, and felt full of details that were unnecessary.

However, in spite of all its flaws, I think this was a very, very good book.

After Jacob's book, I was shocked. I couldn't believe I had read all that, and still the book was only half over. It was filled with suspense, action, excitement, love, and amazing resolution.

I was one of the few people who was amazingly talented enough to go a whole month without a single spoiler (it was a lonely dark place), and stupid me, I read the back page, thinking it was an innocent appendix only to say "who's Renesmee... GORRAM IT!!" Okay, so the whole "does the baby die? Does Bella die? Is the baby a boy or a girl? Is it an evil monster?" was completely ruined for me. But at least that only spoiled one piece of it, and at that point, I was more than half done with Jacob's story anyhow.

It was probably only a tad predictable. I frankly had a significant bet on Jacob imprinting on Bella's baby, (especially after I kibitzed to myself), but after Harry Potter, I didn't expect anything. I was actually relieved there was such a happy ending.

I have to admit, I was really impressed with the ending. Stephenie, you had me. I didn't see the whole Alice appearing like Gandalf at the end of Helm's Deep one bit.

I think lately people have been getting their hopes up with books sometimes. Yes, this isn't Lord of the Rings or even Ender's Game. Stephenie Meyers isn't a 60 year old award winning, professor of English at a respected University, I don't expect her to write classics that will be studied 50 years from now. I expect her to write a story that sucks me in, breaks my heart, and makes me ignore my friends for a week.

And to that I say, Job Well Done.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I absolutely loved it. It made me cry (four times), it made me laugh, it made my heart break, and it made me scream. I loved it. So much.

I've read it twice, so far, and I think that it was even better the second time. I still screamed and cried, and it was easier to understand. I already knew what was going to happen, so I focussed on the details and that's what made it good for me.

I really really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work Steph. :D

Love. Alice.
Shannie_is_Emmett
Settled in Forks

Post by Shannie_is_Emmett »

I agree with you AliceLauren, i totally loved the book!!! My friend and I went to books-a-million at like 9, and stayed until after we got the book, and stayed up all night reading(we had coffee though-we were prepared). Anyway i loved it at the beginning. It was awesome. Then after i found out she was pregnant-which i didn't think was possible-i was shocked, and wanted to throw the book down and jump on it, and then after i got to jacob's book i was mad, because i don't really like jacob and he was the only one making sense therefore i was kinda liking him, and then after she changed into a vampire i was soooo happy, then after jacob imprinted i was shocked again, and then i was sad when Alice left, and then i was mad when the volturi came, then i loved the end. As you can see from that run-on sentence, sorry by the way, i went through a lot of emotions. I know most of you can understand that. But i generally love the book!! Once i got used to the idea of Renesmee i loved it!!!
"Until your heart stops beating, I'll be here"-Edward
"Bout time somebody scored around here"-Emmett
"If we survive this, I'll follow you anywhere woman"-Garrett
"Without the dark, we'd never see the stars"-Edward
Ashhh--
Settled in Forks

Post by Ashhh-- »

Breaking Dawn. I absolutely loved it at first. I loved the wedding, while they were telling Charlie.
Just how close Edward and Bella seemed. Or when they were taking Edward out. That was funny. The honeymoon, didn't really do it for me. I mean, Edward freaked out wayy to much after the first night. Regular Edward wouldn't have sex with Bella unless she was a vampire. I mean, before when they just started kissing too much he had to stop himself. Now he can have sex with her?
But that wasn't a horrible part. I was glad he was able to control himself (not kill her) even if he gave her bruises to the extreme :lol:
Renesemee or w/e totally ruined the rest of the book for me. Edward and Bella's relationship like.. dropped or something. She was dieing and she could see it was killing Edward too, but nooo she had to have a child.. at 19 >.>
I think my favorite parts of the book were:

- Honeymoon before Bella got pregnant.
- Wedding (w/o Jacob ruining it)
- Bella walking up the isle
- Right after the monster was born and Edward was doing everything to save her.
- When they discover Bella was a sheild
- When the Volturi were debating and the others were trying to hurt them
- When Bella lets Edward read her mind.
- When Bella first turns into a vampire and everyones scared of her :lol:

Things i didn't like:

- When that chick ruined they're perfect setting by going to the Volturi
- When Alice left
- That Jacob imprinted on his ex-loves daughter
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Megsimadic »

I really loved this book. I couldnt put it down. I remember just saying "one more chapter...just another chapter before I go to sleep"....5 chapters later im still reading haha.
I loved the trauma, I cried quite a bit. I almost couldnt read the birth scene, I got too upset.
Not many people liked it, but I prefered the final fight as a mental battle, it brought Bella to the front line.
I got really down when Alice left as she is my favourite character, but I knew that she wouldnt have just left, I knew she must have been doing something. Naturally I was thrilled when Edward said her name during the battle...and everyone else repeating it :lol:

Fave Bits:
The wedding
Jacob and Rosalie haha
When everyone realises Bella is using her sheild on them "Im all over this"
Honeymoon
The Birth (it was just so sad, i loved it)
Bella opening her mind for Edward
Bella attacking Jacob over Nessie
Arm wrestling
Alice returning
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

Dont_Call_Me_Nessie wrote: The moment when he finally gets to see into Bella's mind is, at least for me, the sweetest romantic moment of the whole series.
Couldn't agree more..one of my fav moments!!
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

knikki wrote:
Dont_Call_Me_Nessie wrote: The moment when he finally gets to see into Bella's mind is, at least for me, the sweetest romantic moment of the whole series.
Couldn't agree more..one of my fav moments!!
I'm with you both on that! I loved it!
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."