Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
team_edward_cullen1
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by team_edward_cullen1 »

RebeccaCullen wrote:When Bella goes to the Cullen house and they are cooking her Italian food, they say it's because her name is Italian, or something like that, and in the book the resturant that Jessica, Angela, Bella and Edward go to is La Bella Italia .

Yeah, Bella is italian for beautiful.
The cullens: but of course... you already knew that.
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

So I only just noticed, when Bella arrives for her first day at school and Tyler's hanging out in the parking-lot, that the car in the bottom-left of the screen is shiny and silver - a volvo, perchance?! - DOY, Lorabell! :lol:
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
isaella swan
Settled in Forks

Post by isaella swan »

team_edward_cullen1 wrote:
Yeah, Bella is italian for beautiful.
by the way:
isabella is the italian/spanish form of elisabeth which is hebrew and means "my god is seven" as seven equals perfection u could also translate it as "my god is perfection"
and edward means "shining or sharp sword" or if u take the german form "keeper of the treasure"
perfection and keeper of the treasure fits perfectly doesn't it?! :!:
perfection, eternity and true <3
TEAM EDWARD knight in shining volvo
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Did anyone notice that when Bella lived with Charlie she never cooked for him?

Also, you know the restuarant that Bella and Charlie go to, I think, on her first day? Could it possibly be the restuarant that Bella and Charlie go to in Eclipse after the graduation?
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Those were my thoughts exactly. ^^
She never cooked for him! Oh well...
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Vanquish
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

twi-nerd wrote:Did anyone notice that when Bella lived with Charlie she never cooked for him?

Also, you know the restuarant that Bella and Charlie go to, I think, on her first day? Could it possibly be the restuarant that Bella and Charlie go to in Eclipse after the graduation?
Oh yeah. I didn't realise Bella didn't cook for Charlie.

I hope it's the same restaurant. I think somewhere in the books it said that there's only one diner in Forks....or did I just fabricate that part?

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
NZTwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by NZTwilighter »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but...

When Bella first meets the Cullens at their house Alice say 'mmmm you do smell good'.

In SM's books there are 2 scenes i imediately call to mind where somthing similar is said:
-Twilight, Alice and Jasper come to see if they will come play baseball right after Edward has been playing with Bella and Alice said 'we thought you were having bella for lunch and thought we'd see if you would share' :lol:
-Midnight Sun, When Emmett gets in the car after Bella's been in there and says 'mm she does smell quiet good' or somthing to that effect. :P

Of course it fits the movies story and non-readers would get it but maybe it was put in there for us to giggle about the bedroom scene?

:)
I enjoy the cold, diamonds and hearthrobs.
Team Edward.
Mrs.AnthonyMasen12
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs.AnthonyMasen12 »

Hello everyone! :D
Just wondering if anyone else noticed, in the movie, when the students are in the cafeteria, (the scene when Bella and Edward talk and she invites him to La Push) . Right before Bella and Edward talk, Edward is sitting at his table with the rest of the Cullens; it looks like they're all talking and then he suddenly throws a piece of food down at the tabe, as if he were mad or agrivated. I don't understand why; I haven't finished Midnight Sun yet, maybe it's something that has to do with his thoughts, but anyways I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed it.
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

Mrs.AnthonyMasen12 wrote:Hello everyone! :D
Just wondering if anyone else noticed, in the movie, when the students are in the cafeteria, (the scene when Bella and Edward talk and she invites him to La Push) . Right before Bella and Edward talk, Edward is sitting at his table with the rest of the Cullens; it looks like they're all talking and then he suddenly throws a piece of food down at the tabe, as if he were mad or agrivated. I don't understand why; I haven't finished Midnight Sun yet, maybe it's something that has to do with his thoughts, but anyways I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed it.
Um... he's internally tormented?! And it always makes me laugh that he looks like he's saying "I don't know what to f***ing do!" - btw, Emmett's totally chewing during that!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

lol, lorabell. You're so right, that is what it looks like he's saying :lol:

And I LOVE your banner!! :lol:
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good