Gex X--the 30 something thread

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

jenni_elyse wrote:Jelly shoes definitely did make your feet smell bad and made them all icky. I may get a pair for sentimental value. ;)
I will then start calling you "Smelly-feet Jenni"!! :? Are you looking forward to the smelly in-between-the-toes grime? My sister really made me sick with her nasty feet; I've obviously not ever let it go. Hahahaahaa
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:My sister really made me sick with her nasty feet; I've obviously not ever let it go. Hahahaahaa
Good thing you won't have to see my feet. ;) :lol:
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

If this thread was the gutter, I have a priceless response. But as this is not the gutter, I will just smirk and keep my comment to myself! :twisted:

Speaking of other treads that looked cool but in reality were bad - did we really talk about the hypershirts. Remember when they made shorts, skirts, etc! :shock: You could ALWAYS tell in high school who was having gutterish thoughts!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Hypercolor came out after I graduated from HS. I did have a T shirt though. I remember walking into Wal-mart one day with 2 handprints on the front of my shirt. Niiiice.

We mentioned earlier how we couldn't believe how fiiine Anthony Michael Hall grew up to be. What other child stars from the 80's have improved....or lessened...as they've gotten older? Let's be shallow and discuss appearances only, K? K.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Better Looking with Age:
Danny Pintauro - Who's the Boss?

Worse Looking with Age:
Ricky Schroder - He's still good looking, but he looked better as a teenager
Michael J. Fox

Just as Hot Now as Then:
Kirk Cameron

That's all I can come up with.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Gladly, I loved the 'Coreys' when I was growing up. Corey Haim and Corey Feldmen....*inner monologue*. They were fabulous when I was younger. They are on some (I think) MTv show currently and boy you can see what hard living does to you. Especially Corey Haim, so not very attractive now. I was really sad to see. Think of all the Corey sandwiches that could have been! :twisted: There are pictures of them where they look good, but others where the planes of their faces are so hard now...they used to have such gentle lines and soft looking skin...

Here is a promo picture and they look okay in it, but when I saw clips from the show... :shock: there was some photo-shop editing done here!!!!

Here is a series of pictures of them...you'll see what I mean...compare the obvious studio shots with the red carpet ones...
http://www.coreyhaim.net/coreyphotos.html

ETA:I agree, Jenni, Ricky is still attractive but it is different then when he was on Silver Spoons. Also, I think Drew Barrymore has aged well along with Tom Cruise (albeit you can argue he is a little strange but we are keeping this to looks....).

ETA2: Here is an interesting 20 actor clip of here and now actors...
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/photos ... ow#gallery
Last edited by una on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:If you could pick any show from the 70's to be re-made either on TV or Big Screen...which is it and explain how you would make it.

BreakingTwilight: Your favorite musicans and TV shows are current-ish. Surely you can remember some stuff from when you were little. :D

hhmmm....well...I have to admit...Donna Summers song MacAuthurs Park really made me shimmy in my seat. I had to, I can't dance to save my life. I also really liked "Seasons In The Sun" but I cannot remember who sings it.

TV shows: 70s......well...Hogans Heroes, Love Boat, LOVED the Carol Burnet show as well. Can remember watching that one with my parents and laughing till my sides hurt.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

I loved the Carol Burnett show! Mr. Tudball was one of my favorite characters. Some of my favorite skecthes were when they'd parody Gone With the Wind or soap operas. Good stuff!!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

una wrote:ETA2: Here is an interesting 20 actor clip of here and now actors...
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/photos ... ow#gallery
I can't believe I forgot Neil Patrick Harris since I just watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. He's mighty fine now and his voice is really good. Not as good as Ewan McGregor's, mind you, but then again no one is as good as him in anything as far as I'm concerned. ;)
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

[quote="una"]
Fashion: Swatch watch, wearing dual color socks, keds, stirrup pants and baggy/long shirts

I totally forgot about Swatch watches. I had a collection going, it was my goal to see how many different ones i could get. I had one that would change colors (like a mood ring), I loved that one. By the time the fad was over, I had about 10 and none of them worked or they fell apart (that was the bad thing about them).

The stirrup pants with the long shirt and a belt at your waist.

God what were we thinking of wearing that stuff, I look at pictures and totally laugh my head off. Now if the 80's was a bad fashion decade, what about the 70's. I think i just threw up in my mouth, YUCK! :shock:
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!