Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by fanMNM »

BlueStarlight wrote:I just finished Z's book last night. I, too, have questions. Like MNM, though, I'll wait to read the books...it keeps the suspense exciting! Thanks for those who recommended tissues for Z's book; the last 100 pages I couldn't stop crying!!

Man, the "feel me" and "true" in the BDB were a little grating at first. I think they call the women "female" as a general term. After they've bonded, they call them by their terms of endearment.

Blue, feel free to PM me if there's anything you want to discuss cause I'm just now reading the BDB series too! :) I just finished Butch's book so we're not too far apart from one another! :)

And yeah, I caught on that "female" is just the accepted term...like saying "brother/sister mine" instead of saying "my brother/sister". I like how these little language variances makes them seem different from humans...

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

BlueStarlight wrote: Man, the "feel me" and "true" in the BDB were a little grating at first. I think they call the women "female" as a general term. After they've bonded, they call them by their terms of endearment.
I think they use Female and Male b/c they aren't human, so no woman/man.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I must confess, I was not able to read this weekend. This was a good and bad weekend, but I missed my smut!

We did discuss chagrin. Here is the definition compliments of:
  • cha⋅grin
       /ʃəˈgrɪn/ [shuh-grin]
    noun, verb, -grined or -grinned, -grin⋅ing or -grin⋅ning.
    –noun
    1. a feeling of vexation, marked by disappointment or humiliation.
    –verb (used with object)
    2. to vex by disappointment or humiliation: The rejection of his proposal chagrined him deeply.
    3. Obsolete. shagreen (def. 1).
So I have always thought of it as "much to the chagrin of my parents" as in much to the humiliating disappointment of my parents. It's a GREAT word!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

fanMNM wrote:LadyDi...thank you...I'm sorry about the confusion. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to who was writing which threads! :oops: I'm trying not to ask too many questions in case all my answers can be found in the two books I haven't read yet...and I know I'm going to have to go thru the BDB thread and read from page one thru the last page so I don't ask questions everyone's already discussed! LOL
*Giggles* I'm doing that right now! Whenever I have a DH question to ask GNE or LadyDi (they are both waay ahead of me in the series) I usually get an Ashy answer or in other words a very vague comment. Half of the time, I end up saying "Let me guess, I have to keep reading, huh?" :lol: Thank you to all who are way ahead of me in the DH reading and not spoiling. I don't know how you all keep it lock and tight. ;)

Huh, I was never annoyed by V's phrases. Now, if he said "Dude", I would've been less thrilled. I hear "Dude" at least a million times during a school day. :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

cullengirl...I must confess, I say "dude" all the time...LOL

I kinda use it as a "what the heck??" or a "wow"

And not to ruin anyone's dreams (especially my own...) but now that I'm deep into the BDB series, I dunno that any of those shellans would happily lounge in a spa while the Brothers hung out in the retirement mansion you all are planning...LOL...I wouldn't want to mess with some of them!

Thank you Naureen!!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

fanMNM wrote:cullengirl...I must confess, I say "dude" all the time...LOL
I use "dude" alot also but I have to agree with cg that it would be funny, awkward and uncharacteristic to hear that coming from V.
fanMNM wrote:And not to ruin anyone's dreams (especially my own...) but now that I'm deep into the BDB series, I dunno that any of those shellans would happily lounge in a spa while the Brothers hung out in the retirement mansion you all are planning...LOL...I wouldn't want to mess with some of them!
I think that we could take those shellan's down, if we really had to. I know you've read the BDB thread and there are ALOT and I mean ALOT of us who are very possessive of our Brothers. We will stand behind each other to protect what's ours. :lol: We have the numbers.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

True Dat, Skylarblue! I got yo back! :twisted:

If the brothers come to be in our "Home", I'll make sure V's myst hides it from those pesky shellans. :twisted: When the brothers are with us...there are NO distractions! :lol:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

After reading the posts about BDB from FanMNM and the rest who replied to the questions I decided it was time to order the first book. Hopefully it will get here soon because from all the posts everyone has put up I've been very intrigued.

Also I wanted to comment on the use of the word Dude. I am guilty of overusing it mostly when I drive. I think it got started between my nephew and me. For a while he loved the word Dude and everyone was called that until we all got tired of it, but now I find myself using it when I'm driving and another driver does something insane like pulls out in front of me when it's icy or raining like crazy. I also use it when I'm playing video games with Mem, and he messes me up or when one of the villains in any game pulls a move that I wasn't expecting. I think I use it in place of curse words especially around him because he likes to use words I say, so I have to be very careful.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

fanMNM & bluestarlingt

feel free to PM me also. I just finished the series and I am fantastic as not giving spoilers unless begged, confirmed and authorized.

I loved Butch's book. Alll I will say is don't get frustrated. Get to 100 pages. You need to know everything and it will pay off.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

spookybell...thanks! I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that offer! :)

Ok, for everyone who's read the series...I have to ask, should I be afraid of V's book? From different forums I've read about the series I am starting to detect that V's book is....ummm....alittle hardcore :oops: ...and I have to confess I'm starting to get nervous! LOL Do I need to be prepared??

Thank you Naureen!!