"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Re: What are you reading

Post by edward x lover »

I am rereading New Moon because I read on Steph's website she asked all her fans to read it twice because the first time you read it you are rushing through it to get to the part when Edward comes back. I just finished the partial of Midnight Sun and next I am gonna reread Eclipse bc it is the BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD :mrgreen:
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
fluffyrose
Settled in Forks

Post by fluffyrose »

I just finished reading a swedish book called (roughly translated) "When angels die" by Andreas Roman. It was really good - and very interesting - but I don't think many christians would like it, unless they're very open to a different kind of view of God, the angels and the creation of the earth... It was actually rather strange.
Right now I'm reading "Love Life" by Ray Kluun.
"But what really happened? The answer is simple: the lovers survive and flourish. As long as there is a single copy, a solitary typescript of my final draft, then my spontaneous, fortuitous sister and her medical prince survive to love."
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

AmyPyjamas wrote:
Syn Morite wrote:
AmyPyjamas wrote:Im 19 nearly 20 yet i really want to re read some old classic kids books like the wizard of oz,charlottes web,black beauty etc. Im just worried that people will think im an idiot for reading kids books at my age. The same with more modern books as well, i have a guilty pleasure of reading Gossip girl, and the travelling pants etc but i feel so immature for reading them and i feel like i should be reading more adult fiction.I dont know whether i should cut out the kiddie books.
I'm 20 years old and will be 21 in less than two months. The majority of books I read are young adult. I sometimes read adult books, but usually only with a recommendation. I've found that I just don't get quite as lost in adult novels than I do in young adult. If you enjoy the books for younger people, it's perfectly fine to read them. At least your reading. My friends won't pick up any type of book at all. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. :)

And I'm reading The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. Another young adult novel. It's pretty good so far. It's about ghosts.

Awwww thank you. I find myself drawn to young adult books, i just love the storylines and with some it makes me feel like im back at school and i love that feeling.
I feel the same way and it's funny that you guys are talking about it because I, in all honesty, had this discussion yesterday with my boyfriend. I'm 19 going on 20 and was in the book aisle at Target and was looking at the "Adult" fiction section and, try as I might to find something I like, I kept glancing over my shoulder at the YA books. After looking for about 30 more seconds at the adult books I very literally said "ahh who am I kidding?" out loud and turned to the YA books. I was instantly happier. The stories are just so much more fun, dark, chilling, etc. Right now I am reading "Masquerade" the second book in the "Blue Bloods" series by Melissa De La Cruz. I needed some more vampire storylines in my life so this is what I turn to in the BD wake. It's pretty good too--I would recommend it for those who are now coming off of their Breaking Dawn high and wish to read some more vamp-tastic stories. It's definitely not as good as any of the Twilight books but it's still a pretty good read. :D After this I'm on to "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld. Woot and huzzah for YA books!!
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

AmyPyjamas
Settled in Forks

Post by AmyPyjamas »

WishIWasACullen wrote:
AmyPyjamas wrote:
Syn Morite wrote:
AmyPyjamas wrote:Im 19 nearly 20 yet i really want to re read some old classic kids books like the wizard of oz,charlottes web,black beauty etc. Im just worried that people will think im an idiot for reading kids books at my age. The same with more modern books as well, i have a guilty pleasure of reading Gossip girl, and the travelling pants etc but i feel so immature for reading them and i feel like i should be reading more adult fiction.I dont know whether i should cut out the kiddie books.
I'm 20 years old and will be 21 in less than two months. The majority of books I read are young adult. I sometimes read adult books, but usually only with a recommendation. I've found that I just don't get quite as lost in adult novels than I do in young adult. If you enjoy the books for younger people, it's perfectly fine to read them. At least your reading. My friends won't pick up any type of book at all. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. :)

And I'm reading The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. Another young adult novel. It's pretty good so far. It's about ghosts.

Awwww thank you. I find myself drawn to young adult books, i just love the storylines and with some it makes me feel like im back at school and i love that feeling.
I feel the same way and it's funny that you guys are talking about it because I, in all honesty, had this discussion yesterday with my boyfriend. I'm 19 going on 20 and was in the book aisle at Target and was looking at the "Adult" fiction section and, try as I might to find something I like, I kept glancing over my shoulder at the YA books. After looking for about 30 more seconds at the adult books I very literally said "ahh who am I kidding?" out loud and turned to the YA books. I was instantly happier. The stories are just so much more fun, dark, chilling, etc. Right now I am reading "Masquerade" the second book in the "Blue Bloods" series by Melissa De La Cruz. I needed some more vampire storylines in my life so this is what I turn to in the BD wake. It's pretty good too--I would recommend it for those who are now coming off of their Breaking Dawn high and wish to read some more vamp-tastic stories. It's definitely not as good as any of the Twilight books but it's still a pretty good read. :D After this I'm on to "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld. Woot and huzzah for YA books!!
I totally agree about the stories being more fun, for me adult books can get a bit boring. Young adult books are i wouldnt say easier to read but just more pleasurable to read.I love Uglies. I will have to check out Masquerade it sounds intresting.
Syn Morite
Settled in Forks

Post by Syn Morite »

Masquerade is pretty good. I read it awhile ago. The third one "Revelations" comes out on October 28th. Some other good vampire series are the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead and the House of Night series by PC Cast and Kristin Cast.
"Oh, what fun it is! How I wish I was one of them! I wouldn't mind being a Pawn, if only I might join -- though of course I should like to be a Queen, best." -Alice in Through The Looking Glass
kl1028

Post by kl1028 »

love those series' ^ and as for the age thing im 23 and still mainly read ya theres nothing wrong with that....when books are labeled ya or adult or independent reader its just levels of maturity really...ya books at this time are really good (and have been for a while) bottom line nothing wrong with reading ya :) even if youre 50....a good book is a good book
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Syn Morite wrote:Some other good vampire series ... and the House of Night series by PC Cast and Kristin Cast.
^^ I loved the House of Night series! Is the new one Chosen out in the US yet? I can't seem to find it in Australia!! I really want to read it! If anyone in (or out) of Aus knows if its available or knows someone who would know if so, where, please let me know, please :)
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Persephonie

Post by Persephonie »

Finished New Moon and about a third in Eclipse now for the third time.... :-)