Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Bewitched »

It's been really weird here. It's gone from 60's to 30's every couple of days. Yesterday as I was driving to my hair appointment, the wind was gusting up to 60 miles per hour. Leaves and all kinds of junk were blowing across the roads and the sand and dirt were a pain too. I told my friend that if I saw a house fly by, I was going home. Then it rained. it's suppose to get up to 60 again today and then drop back down to the 30-40's tomorrow with a chance of rain/snow tomorrow night. I gave up trying to keep my spring clothes put away.

Ballet Shoes:
Bella sold her's at a garage sale as soon as she could.
Alice took some ballet classes, which is why she looks like she's dancing when she walks
Alice keeps her first pair in her hope chest.

Twilightize: Ballroom dancing. My son is having a great time with this class.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

QOTD - So is anyone else having really crazy weather lately?
We have been having unseasonably warm. For a while, one week would be 60-70s and then next week 40-50s. This week is rain and in the fifties when last week was clear (and some fog) and 60-70s. It's very strange!

Ballroom Dancing:
Bella has never taken a ballroom dancing class, she thinks it's safer for all involved.
Edward loves to ballroom dance, it's just convincing Bella to do it, but now that she's changed - they dance around the house to his compilations.
Esme loves to do ballroom dancing with Carlisle, especially when Edward is at the piano.

Twilightize: Coffee Cup (sadly mine is now empty).
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Bewitched, glad your son is enjoying his class. Has he gone on his date yet?

Una, yes, crazy weather here also. Tons of snow a few weeks ago, warm up to 40's, then freezing cold, and then rain and 50-60's the last few days. I have to say, once it starts warming up like this I don't want to go back to the cold. If it gets cold again (like in the 20's) then I may revolt against nature (I am not sure that will work, but I can threaten it).

Coffee Cup:
Esme used to make coffee every morning to help her get through the day. She always used the same chipped coffee cup that reminded her of simpler times before Charles.
Mrs. Cope has coffee everyday, but her favorite mug is this one

Twilightize: Recycling bin
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

We've been having freaky weather since last January. Freaky ice storm, the record book flooding, record number of tornadoes, then we have a hurricane (I live in Missouri), and 2 weeks ago we have an ice storm natural disaster, and with ice still on the ground in many places - we have 68* weather for 2 days in a row. Then last night, it's tornadoes. Argh!

I'd love to do the Twilightize, but my brain is too foggy. :(
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Bac, my son had his date last Saturday. He was so funny because he told me thinks got a little crazy at the end and when I asked him what happened, he said they started dancing a little closer. My kids are such nerds but very sweet. :D

Recyling Bin;
Forks High School has a big recyling bin in the back of the school.
The Student Council got it put in to encourage student to Be Green
Eric Yorkie was always afraid someone was going to shut him in it.
Bella got Charlie a recycling bin after she moved in with him

Twilightize: auto show
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Bewitched: LOL! I thought he was going to say they made out or something. Gee, dancing closely sounds so innocent.

Autoshow...

The Cullens love going to the autoshow and go frequently.
I bet Jake's dream job would be working on the cars that are displayed in the autoshow.
Bella's truck should be memorialized in an autoshow. I'm sure Jake's Rabbit would be there too to give it some company.

TW: Headphones
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

It's such a pretty day today. It's not especially warm, but it's sunny. After 2 weeks of frozen temperatures and power loss, and then warm weather and tornadoes, it's nice to have a nice normal day. Of course with Spring on its way, the severe weather is just beginning. I love spring. I love watching the redbud trees, the dogwoods, and the pear trees in full bloom. I get a thrill seeing a brand new bright yellow daffodil standing proud. I rejoice at seeing a blazing purple crocus poke its head from the ground like a turtle from its shell. Spring is Mother Nature at her best - and her worst. Like with most things there's a balance. For the beautiful flowers and blooming trees, we must suffer through tornadoes, floods, and early spring ice storms.

What's your favorite season and why?

Headphones: (I'm assuming as with music)
Bella was wearing headphones when Tyler nearly squished her (in the movie).
Edward wears headphones around the house to drown out the sounds of ..... :twisted:
Jacob is tempted to wear headphones just so he can't hear everyone in his head.

Twilightize: yearbook
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

My favorite season? That is a toughie, it's really a tie between Winter and Spring. I love Winter for the rain, the holidays, no allergies (since everything is dormant) and such. But Spring (aside from my horrible allergies) is wonderful with the rains, the not too hot temperatures, the plants all budding and blooming.

Twilightize: Yearbook

The Cullens have a collage made not only from their caps, but from the covers of their various yearbooks.

Rosalie loves every year to make the cameraman blush when taking her yearbook picture. Even though, Jasper breaks typically steals and removes the pictures.

Bella loved her yearbook until she accidentally tripped and dropped it in a puddle of water. Luckily Alice had foreseen and made a duplicate of hers - including the signatures!

Twilightize: Ribbon
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
azerigold
Settled in Forks

Post by azerigold »

My favorite season is a toss between Spring and fall. Although I do love summer, just not extreme heat. I love how everything comes to life in the spring, turns green. I live in the heart of the Bluegrass <KY>, and am surrounded by hundreds of horse farms. They are beautiful in any season, but more so in the spring, especially with new babies out playing in the paddocks! :) Like today, I seriously thought I'd run off the road admiring some new babies, the first I've seen this year, they are soooo adorable :) Foaling season for the horses is Jan-May.
I love the fall colors, so beautiful. And the fall holidays as well, after Christmas I'm usually depressed!

We've had ups and downs with the temps too. 60s one day, 30s the next. Like this week, it will be in the upper 50s tomorrow, but will only be 28 on Friday! Rain tomorrow...snow on Thurs!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

My favorite season is probably spring when everything is becoming green again. I love when all the flowers come out and you wake up hearing the birds chirping in the trees. Fall is a close second because I love all the fall colors in the trees. I think it is just beautiful.

azerigold, the foal in spring sound amazing. What a neat sight.

Ribbon:
Bella had pink satin ribbon to tie up her ballet shoes when she was little.
Jessica wears a red ribbon in her pony tail when she is feeling feisty.
Alice wears a pink ribbon pin on her clothes in October for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Twilightize: tweezers
by Laniyeah on photobucket