Gex X--the 30 something thread

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by una »

I know what you mean L&L, it has spurred some great conversation with my hubby. Talking about all these movies, music and fashion trends. Hubby was born in '75 so I tell him he should remember more of the seventies than me! :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

oleander wrote:[quote="lilac-and-lavenderI loved, loved the Lost Boys. I heard they are making a new one.
They did make a new one...straight to dvd. I have it, but haven't managed to watch it all...i keep falling asleep. :lol:
[/quote]

I actually have seen the whole thing through. The head vampire, the guy with the long blonde hair is Kieffers(sp) brother. My wife is a HUGE fan of Lost Boys and we have had to buy at least three copies of the movie just because she has wathced it so much. We waited with baited breath for the movie to come out. Went and picked it up one minute after midnight, no lie, and watched it as soon as we got home. That is a hour and a half of our lives that we will NEVER get back. I mourn for that lost time.

The director equated Gore with Good. Where the Lost Boys went with the thrills and letting you wodner what had happened, this movie threw it up right in your face. I say see it, just so you can see for yourself but do not, and I REPEAT, do NOT buy it. Just my opinion, mind you. I would give it....1 star out of 5.

(btw...the only reason my wife gave it one star was because she thought Kieffers(sp) brother was hot. HMPH!! )
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

BreakingTwilight wrote:(btw...the only reason my wife gave it one star was because she thought Kieffers(sp) brother was hot. HMPH!! )
yeah, i was thinking the same thing during the few minutes i was actually conscious for it. :lol:

i figured since it was straight to dvd and no one knew that it was even being made that it would be far from the Lost Boys we've all come to know and love.

i used to be able to recite the entire movie...people were so mad at me. oh, and whenever I hear someone say "thou shalt not..." i would immediately start singing the "theme" from Lost Boys.

yeah, i'm weird like that.
BreakingTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingTwilight »

oleander wrote:
BreakingTwilight wrote:(btw...the only reason my wife gave it one star was because she thought Kieffers(sp) brother was hot. HMPH!! )
yeah, i was thinking the same thing during the few minutes i was actually conscious for it. :lol:

i figured since it was straight to dvd and no one knew that it was even being made that it would be far from the Lost Boys we've all come to know and love.

i used to be able to recite the entire movie...people were so mad at me. oh, and whenever I hear someone say "thou shalt not..." i would immediately start singing the "theme" from Lost Boys.

yeah, i'm weird like that.
hahahahahaha..... My wife and you would get along marvelously!!!!! "Cry Little Sister (Thous Shalt Not)" Is one of, if not her all time, fave songs. I woke up one night to go to the bathroom and she was actually quoting, gods honest truth, lines from the movie...IN HER SLEEP!!!!!! Needless to say...I was alittle worried.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

The Lost Boys was an awesome movie, I loved it (one of my all time faves). When I graduated from high school my teacher who was in charge of our newspaper had the movie poster in the room and all the seniors got to pick one thing and I chose that poster. That poster followed me throught my whole college existence and hung on every wall that I had. And the soundtrack, just as good, "Cry Little Sister" is a great song.

It got so bad that one of my friends told people that I was a vampire because I slept throught the day and was only seen at night.

Billy Wirth (the lond dark haired vampired) was my fave, I would pause the movie just to stare at him but I just loved all the characters.

I've heard about the DVD but I'm wondering if it's worth to buy because I don't want all of my teenage memories to go down in smoke.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I loved The Lost Boys! I can't hear "People are strange when you're a stranger.." without thinking of it. It was awesome. I also loved the Corey's. Lucas was great, but I could only watch it 2 or 3 times. I can't now. I just watched Licensed to Drive last week. Do you remember Dream a Little Dream? I liked Feldman, but then he went whacko jacko on us. I wonder if THAT is what really killed his career.

The Two Corey's is on A&E. I can't stomach it.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Watching the 2 Corey's is really weird because I use to think Corey Haim was really cute but now, like someone else said his is the total poster child of what drugs will due to you. It seems like his brain is running in slow motion & that he can't really process what is happening around him, so sad.

Corey Feldman was really creepy when he went through that Michael state, it seems like it's still there, somewhat.

I never really watched the other movies that they were in because it just didn't seem to compare to their Lost Boys chemistry. They made me think that the "best friend" relationship was so forced & untrue.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

skylarblue wrote:I never really watched the other movies that they were in because it just didn't seem to compare to their Lost Boys chemistry. They made me think that the "best friend" relationship was so forced & untrue.
i think it was drug-induced.

oh, the coke-fuelled 80s. it's too bad more people couldn't have come out of it like Drew Barrymore. she survived her adolescent wild child days and came out sparkling like a Cullen.
skylarblue wrote:Billy Wirth (the lond dark haired vampired) was my fave, I would pause the movie just to stare at him but I just loved all the characters.
I couldn't agree more! He was a hottie.
BreakingTwilight wrote:hahahahahaha..... My wife and you would get along marvelously!!!!! "Cry Little Sister (Thous Shalt Not)" Is one of, if not her all time, fave songs. I woke up one night to go to the bathroom and she was actually quoting, gods honest truth, lines from the movie...IN HER SLEEP!!!!!! Needless to say...I was alittle worried.
Yay! I'm not the only nut job! I like your wife already!
lilac-and-lavender
Wandering Through Town

Post by lilac-and-lavender »

I just went to itunes and bought the song, (Thou shall not...) and am listening to it now. Ahh nostalgia...
"People are strange" always makes me think of 'lost boys' also, but I already have that one :)

While I was at itunes I bought the Jack's manequin song that SM is doing the video for. Good song. How long does it take to make a video? I'll want to get that also.

My husband is 10 yrs older than me so I tell him he should remember the 70's a lot more than me, sadly he was in a drug/alcohol induced stupor for a lot of the 70's ...and 80's :shock: No worries though, he has been clean and sober for many years now. And somehow he does remember a lot of the cartoons.
Thank you Fry-You da'bomb
eeny meeny miny moe
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

L&L - great to hear your hubby is doing well. I have some close friends that did indeed survive the 70 and 80's and the recreational 'candy' that was prevalent. I'm quite proud of them, it's not an easy road.

I'm a big fan of Drew Barrymore. She had such a traumatic childhood and such struggles and it is so uplifting to see how well she turned out. Drew seems very strong-willed and I admire her ability to be so open and honest about some of her struggles. I think she is a good role model in that; she did had problems, sought the wrong remedies but was able to get out of it and be successful.

The Lost Boys, I also had the entire movie memorized and the soundtrack. I can hear the music on the boardwalk, and feel the chills when I think about the "fly over." I'm sad to hear about the sequel. I'll netflix it, I at least need to see how bad it is.

L&L - that's what I need to do, go to Itunes and download the soundtrack. I have really missed it. When my cassette tape died, I didn't get a new one. I have no idea why.

Sadly - all this talk reminds me when I wanted to be in a girl band. I remember when the Bangles were popular...and I thought, how cool to be in an all girl group. "Walk like an Egyptian" and "Hazy Shade of Winter" are two of my favs.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!