A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 2 ~ Open Book

Post by Alphie »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color?
Jenny
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Open Book

Post by Jenny »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?

I figured he was staying at home, trying to figure out why he'd had the reaction he'd had.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?

It told me that Bella was pretty much forced to be independent and was already an adult in a teenager's body.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?

No, I didn't think he was putting on a show. I wasn't sure what had caused the drastic change.

I (thank goodness had correctly) assumed it was because he'd "eaten".
ltxc
Wandering Through Town

Post by ltxc »

I didn't think of anything. Haha. The only thing I thought was, Oh. Edward's gone. Oh well. He'll be back.

I think this tells the readers how Bella can take control of situations as a mature adult.

I thought he was weird. HAHAHA. Yes, I did think he was putting on a show. It didn't really change my thoughts...I still thought he was weird.

Edward's weirdness had something to do with it.
|:|:|:avatar credits:|:|:| drunk_machine & sarahdoesdesign
xx mycoldangel xx
Settled in Forks

Post by xx mycoldangel xx »

I had no idea where he had gone, but i knew it had to do with Bella but at first i had no idea why he hated her.

I agree with everyone above me, this kinda shows us why bella is so mature and why she is who she is.

I was so happy he was back and talking to her. I was trying to hard not to laugh at the whole conversation. I still had no idea why he reacted to her like he did.

i just thought he had super cool eyes.. which he does :]
XxMoonstonexX
Settled in Forks

Post by XxMoonstonexX »

I had absolutely no idea where in the world he was. But I thought it was obvious that it was in reaction to Bella.

It shows us that she in astonishingly mature for her age.

I was really happy that he was just talking to her.

I thought that it must be some vampiric thing... because of the back cover.

Banner for my story, Lullaby
spagirlval
Settled in Forks

Post by spagirlval »

I wasn't sure where he had gone. Just staying home I guessed.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual? To me it makes her a little more of an adult trying to take care of the people she loves.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her? Yea, I thought it might be a show, and now that I've read and reread, it was probably because of what she said, I think to Jessica, I don't think Edward Cullen likes me very much. So he then was trying to be nice.

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color? I wasn't to sure. I don't think I really thought to much about it until the 2nd time I read it then I knew why they were changed.
[
Luna Silvertail
Wandering Through Town

Post by Luna Silvertail »

I already knew that Edward was a Vampire, and from that I concluded it had to do something with that, with a hint that Bella was there.

I think it's just a personal thing she grew up with. From the sounds of it, Bella has visited both parents while she was younger. So maybe it was just something she learned while trying to fit in with her mom/dad. To take care of what they can't do, while they do their parenting part. If Charlie could cook, then Bella wouldn't really need to worry about cooking. If her mom was not forgetful, Bella wouldn't have to "take care" of her, or what ever.
I just see it as she is a adaptive child, and learned skills that would help her parents out.

I thought maybe it had to do with Edward feeling sort of guilty, or that it was Bella being over reactive to some scrutiny he had.

He's a vampire? :lol: I thought it was since his mood changed or something.
Oh yeah? Well, I bit the werewolf back!
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

I thought he was staying at home or ditching to go somewhere else.

That she is used to taking care of herself and other and is older for her age.

I thought he was certainly trying to control whatever emotion it was that had made him act the way he did.

I connected it to his feeding pattern.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
kimmeygirl
Settled in Forks

Post by kimmeygirl »

I didn't have any clue where he went, but I had a feeling it was because of bella.

I thought that it meant that she is a very selfless person. Even though her family is dysfunctional, she does what she can to make her parents' lives easier.

I was surprised that his would change that much. I thought that he had to be putting on a show. It changed my thoughts because I assumed he had just been taken by surprise when he first met her and he was probably just trying to be nice when he came back and saw her again.

I didn't have an explanation for it. It just made me read faster to find out why his eyes changed. I knew it had something to do with the fact that he is a vampire though.
emilycullenx
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by emilycullenx »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished? I didn't really know where he went, but I was sad to not see him. I liked seeing him there, even if he was glaring. If I remember correctly, I thought he left because of Bella.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual? Bells is actually very independent when it comes to fending for herself; she's always taken care of her mother, and now she keeps Charlie alive with food. I find her to be very strong and well-balanced as an individual.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her? I thought it was a really nice gesture on his end, and I was happy he was being so nice. I didn't think he was just putting on a show at all, and I really grew to like him even more.

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color? I thought that the happier he was, the lighter his eyes were; therefore, the angrier/more frustrated he was, the darker his eyes would get. I had no idea it had anything to do with his "diet." xD
"every single memory is erasing;
going back to the times when we were strangers.
"