The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Re: The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

Alphie wrote:I want to know what Misfit's question was. Don't you know by now that these gals will and do discuss all kind of baking techniques?

But I have a question... if you do have a great sou chef to bake with, what does it mean if you decide to go out to eat rather than bake at home? Oh the technicalities of innuendo!
I guess it would depend on what kind of place you're going out to eat at? Is it a bake-your-own sort of deal, or will someone else be helping you with the baking? Or maybe doing all the baking for you? yikes! Also, is your sous-chef coming with you to... erm... eat out?
JQluvsEC
Settled in Forks

Post by JQluvsEC »

hi everyone....i'm new here but just wanted to say how much i've enjoyed reading this thread...LOL....

i'm glad to be surrounded by the "older" fan :)
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Adam »

This is just too amusing. I have been skimming this thread (which I just found) and although you guys have seemed to move on from this topic I had an interesting thought that maybe some in here might like. Y'know how SM explains vampire "superpowers" such as Edwards telepathy as being a magnification of a trait they had in mortality. Well, perhaps the reason that he is able to concieve a child w/ Bella is because as a human he was really, really potent and now has vampire super whipped cream. 8-) Just a theory.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I am so glad to see so many new "faces" :D ! Especially the men, we love having you here to share the love. Welcome, Welcome, come join the fun.

Toyotapapa-glad you decided to pop in. You keep treating Nissanmama well, like you did for her birthday.
I haven't seen BDE on yet since we've gotten the new lex. Spooncha?
Nor Fry. Sprtygal?
I love our husband/wife teams. They bring such interesting perspectives to this type of discussion. :twisted:

I too have enjoyed reading the great things you guys have been saying. I have had some good chuckles, luckily no drink in hand.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Ravee
Settled in Forks

Post by Ravee »

Adam wrote:now has vampire super whipped cream. 8-) Just a theory.
Ok, I am rolling with laughter here... albeit evil laught, but laughter just the same ;) I logged on tonight, and meant to click "my posts" or something at the top, and instead got "hot posts" or something of the like, and stumbled upon this. And my oh my... it is getting a bit hot in here... I will have to stop back by later, when I can focus my senses beyond feather, white draped beds, and ocean waters.... *sigh*
"For love is the heart's immortal thirst, to be completely known and all forgiven. ~ H. VanDyke "
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Adam wrote:This is just too amusing. I have been skimming this thread (which I just found) and although you guys have seemed to move on from this topic I had an interesting thought that maybe some in here might like. Y'know how SM explains vampire "superpowers" such as Edwards telepathy as being a magnification of a trait they had in mortality. Well, perhaps the reason that he is able to concieve a child w/ Bella is because as a human he was really, really potent and now has vampire super whipped cream. 8-) Just a theory.
Hey! that's a good theory! I would imagine that being 17 would also add some extra hmm... stamina? to the cream.. :oops:
Ha! now you got me thinking... I think Carlisle will have to do some research of his own. Maybe I can help :P :oops:
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:However, I'm usually in a funk and I feel like a fraud. If one could see in my head they would see a lot of negativity. My mind is constantly running, and it's not always good.
Okay, this startled the heck out of me - not because I was surprised (I think I'm getting to know you better and better GNE, despite not ever having met face to face), but because I used the EXACT same phrase about myself. Remember that "rant and rave" activity I talked about from my course? The first thing I said about myself in the negative department was "I feel like a fraud". I even used that sentence in a news article I had to write about myself (don't ask).

Great question sitt. I also agree with having that ability only selectively. I also agree with Misfit when he stressed that communication was key. If after many, many years, it is impossible for you to tell your co-chef (I can't say sous-chef because of the images it conjures up) that you've had this great idea to spice up the dessert nervous that he/she would say "corn and ice cream could never go together, you sicko!", then what other things are you keeping from each other because you worry about rejection? (By the way, corn ice cream is a delicacy my sibling had while travelling in the Philippines. It wouldn't be my cup of tea, but "chacun son gout".
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

Alphie Wrote:
But I have a question... if you do have a great sou chef to bake with, what does it mean if you decide to go out to eat rather than bake at home? Oh the technicalities of innuendo!
I suppose the kitchen may be a bit steamier with an added sou chef. I mean, don't get me wrong... I love to bake at home with the husband, but oh, the things that could be baked with an extra set of hands. I think that the husband has a bit of a secret sweet tooth when it comes to this subject... lol. He better be careful or he may be getting kicked out of the kitchen so I can bake alone. :X
Ravee
Settled in Forks

Post by Ravee »

ashleygill03 wrote: I suppose the kitchen may be a bit steamier with an added sou chef. I mean, don't get me wrong... I love to bake at home with the husband, but oh, the things that could be baked with an extra set of hands. I think that the husband has a bit of a secret sweet tooth when it comes to this subject... lol. He better be careful or he may be getting kicked out of the kitchen so I can bake alone. :X
I see it as the difference between baking the oh so good passed down recipe from your Great Great Grandma and trying something new and hot off of the Food Channel. I mean there is something to be said for down n good comfort food, the kind you *know* and love, but then the allure of a new spice, an added knowledge and something to add a new zest of flavor not yet known to your tongue.... well you get the idea ;) They both have their merits. But which is better... I could not say for absolute sure without knowing what the forbidden spice was.
"For love is the heart's immortal thirst, to be completely known and all forgiven. ~ H. VanDyke "
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I think you're on to something Ravee....

There really is nothing like good, old comfort food... BUT you wouldn't appreciate it if it was all you ever had ;)