Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by ashleygill03 »

My husband just actually turned to me and said "Baby am I your Edward?" .... "No, you're not really so much an Edward".... "Baby can I at least be your Jacob?".... "Sure sweetie"

Now remember, he has never read the series and repeatedly laughs at me for my obsession. I think he's jealous.

Lol.
genuinesmile
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by genuinesmile »

ashleygill03 wrote:My husband just actually turned to me and said "Baby am I your Edward?" .... "No, you're not really so much an Edward".... "Baby can I at least be your Jacob?".... "Sure sweetie"

Now remember, he has never read the series and repeatedly laughs at me for my obsession. I think he's jealous.

Lol.
that just put a smile on my face...i find it to be rather sweet!

eh my boyfriend wouldn't say something like that...he's too busy teasing me about being "obsessed" :roll:
...if only he knew there were crazier fans out there ;)
ashleygill03

Post by ashleygill03 »

It was really cute. I was actually just shocked he even knew the names of the characters.... okay not that shocked... I do sort of talk about it all the time.

He's always teasing me (playfully, of course) over my obsession. I have NEVER in my life been obsessed with anything, and I always teased him for his computer games, Lord of the Rings, and obsessions of that nature.... so now he is having fun with returning the favor.

I'm still determined to make him read!
Nessa645
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Nessa645 »

ashleygill03 wrote:My husband just actually turned to me and said "Baby am I your Edward?" .... "No, you're not really so much an Edward".... "Baby can I at least be your Jacob?".... "Sure sweetie"

Lol.

Awww that's sweet. My boyfriend call Edward "The Vampire guy", Jacob "Wolf Boy", and Bella "The Confused One".
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

ashleygill03 wrote:It was really cute. I was actually just shocked he even knew the names of the characters.... okay not that shocked... I do sort of talk about it all the time.

He's always teasing me (playfully, of course) over my obsession. I have NEVER in my life been obsessed with anything, and I always teased him for his computer games, Lord of the Rings, and obsessions of that nature.... so now he is having fun with returning the favor.

I'm still determined to make him read!
At least in his own way he's trying! How cute! I'm sure he'd probably hope to be your Edward, but he knows enough about Jacob to know he's in good company. At least he goes along with it all and isn't mean about your obsession, he sounds supportive and I've read around some threads that that isn't always the case. Some brownie points to your hubby!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
ashleygill03

Post by ashleygill03 »

Yeah, he's a good guy... and I'm a lucky gal =)
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

steph wrote:lol i told my husband i was gonna get him a team jacob shirt and me a team edward shirt and he just laughed at me, he just doesnt get it lol
My boyfriend gets mad when I tell him I think he'd be on Team Jacob (if he ever read the books) while I and most other people I know that have read them are Team Edward.

Maybe I'll make him a "Personal Space Heater" shirt to appease him. :)

On a different subject, how did you all find the series? I was drawn to it after seeing the first teaser trailer in the theaters. I then picked up Twilight and it was sitting on my shelf for a while ... I think subconsciously I knew I'd immediately get sucked into the world and I needed to wait until I had the time/was ready. Needless to say, I read the entire first three books in three nights and have been totally gone ever since. :)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I got hooked because I moved out of state and didn't start my new job for a couple of weeks so I needed something ot occupy my time and my friend back home told me about the books. I was like eh. ok and then it was all downhill from there I didn't talk to my husband the first 4 days and then wehn I'd reread them I'd be like ok it will last me more than 4 days. and it usually did it lasted 5 days. Lol. Now he's starting to read it but he doesn't like reading so it's like pulling teeth and nails to actually have him TRY and read it.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

mandustries wrote:
Maybe I'll make him a "Personal Space Heater" shirt to appease him. :)

On a different subject, how did you all find the series? I was drawn to it after seeing the first teaser trailer in the theaters. I then picked up Twilight and it was sitting on my shelf for a while ... I think subconsciously I knew I'd immediately get sucked into the world and I needed to wait until I had the time/was ready. Needless to say, I read the entire first three books in three nights and have been totally gone ever since. :)
:lol: Your shirt idea made me laugh. You should totally do that.

I honestly avoided Twilight for over a year before agreeing to read it. My best friend borrowed it from her little sister, who, at the time, was in 8th grade. She read Twilight and New Moon and was raving about them, but when she told me about them, I assumed they'd be pretty lame and never read them. Then, the movie previews started playing and I realized that my 3 closest friends had ALL read the books and thought, "ok, I'll see what all the fuss is about".

I proceeded read all the books, including Breaking Dawn, in a 4 day period. I was gone before Edward and Bella even got to the Meadow. 8-)

Needless to say, I got sucked in and you know the rest of the story. :D

AND about what I intend to wear to the premier... I'll probably go in all black with colored contacts and appropriate pale make up. I'm also considering making a shirt that says either "La Tua Cantante" or "Edward can bite my pillows anytime". hahaha.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
kl1028
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kl1028 »

me and my friend just made some shirts to wear to work cuz were all crazy :) they said whos afraid of the big bad wolf and team jacob on the front, you are exactly my brand of heroine- team edward on front, and so the lion fell in love with the lamb and then my said bella can have edward i'll take jake :) and then all the book titles going down the back....it looks pretty cool i made slashes on the front with red ribbon